What you did today

Tale

Up betimes and to my spreadsheets.

WHY IN THE NAME OF ALL THAT IS FETHING HOLY IS THERE NO OPTION TO JUST TURN AUTOCORRECT OFF!?

A spreadsheet is for DATA. The programmers do not know every possible format of DATA that will be entered. Having autoformatting that is impossible to turn off is a logical whatsit thingy.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Update from HURRICANE DANGER ZONE NORTH NEW JERSEY:

everyone is overreacting. went to the super market to go food shopping (not emergency, bomb-shelter food shopping, just regular "i need food" food shopping), and almost got run over by sheltered suburban mothers buying every last bottle of water.

Your market had water? :lol: I went there at opening time to beat the inevitable crowds and the shelves of milk were slowly being restocked. Water shelves were bare.

Honestly since we're not near the shore the worst that'll happen is power outages for a few days, that and maybe a few downed trees causing damage.

just got home fom a party to see a guy sleeping on the floor outside his apartment with some McDonalds lying next to him.

classiest apartment building ever

Edited by Shryke

when your mind works against you - fight back with substance abuse!

Spent a chunk of the morning whiling away time in the second hub of Deus Ex.. Now having a break to get some researchy work done before I return to the joys of sneaking, hacking and exploring...

Hm, possibly throw in some food and a fresh cup of tea as part of that break...

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

I'm about to go out and secure the stuff in the yard that might blow about in the storm. We're inland enough that we're not going to get anything close to a direct strike, but it'll still probably be sustained TS-force winds for a few hours along with a lot of rain. And, knowing PEPCo, we'll almost certainly lose power for a while.

I went downstairs to take a break and make some coffee. I now have a couple of grilled chops some mashed vegetables, and a fruit crumble in the oven.

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Spent the week in a beach house with 9 friends, we played games, drank a lot of beer and wine and smoked a lot of cigarettes. We were literally struck by a lightning storm the last day - about 30.000 lightning strikes hit within 200 km during that evening. One of those within 5m of the house (and more than a dozen within 100m) . The house was shaking like an earthquake and the light and thunder was so bright and loud that everyone seriously thought we were being bombed.

Crazy ****, but pretty 'effin fun.

Fortune favors the bald.

Went out last night for drinks with hallmates... I am the sober one, and thus I was catching one member as she tried to challenge another guy to who was drunker.

And an hour later our door opened and the last two of use came in, one being pushed by a bartender and we got to learn that basically the guy had drunk so much he'd been cut off... twice... at different bars.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Yeah, that was why I stopped going out with friends in University. Way too much drinking. Boring day here, so just cleaning the place and studying.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Got wasted today while watching some good and bad bands play at Lutakko, Jyv?skyl?. Also learned that if you don't shave half of your face you can get laid by girls from Pori. **** me. Total creeps seem to be getting some action yet I'm left out to dry, maybe I need to turn into a complete ***hole (and leave half of my face unshaved) to find the perfect girl...

Hate the living, love the dead.

Got wasted today while watching some good and bad bands play at Lutakko, Jyv?skyl?. Also learned that if you don't shave half of your face you can get laid by girls from Pori. **** me. Total creeps seem to be getting some action yet I'm left out to dry, maybe I need to turn into a complete ***hole (and leave half of my face unshaved) to find the perfect girl...

You are probably doing something wrong if you are not getting any, not shaving half your face seems the most unlikely reason. :no:

Perhaps it is the time for an introspective evaluation of who you are, what you have to offer, and what kind of woman you want. If a vapid bubbleheaded pair of breast its your type then by all means turn into an ****.

Good luck on your search! :) and remeber that when you order your russian mail bride you get a discount if you were referred by the Obsidian forums.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

Pft Russian. Go Serbian mail order. :no:

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Technically this happened yesterday but here goes anyways:

Apparently I look so easy that 50 year old men think they can get me to bend over for them for just a cigarette pack. Anyways I was waiting for the bus (middle of the day) when some older gentleman comes along and asks if I smoke and if I would like it if he bought me a pack...

Hate the living, love the dead.

Got my cleaning done at 5 am today. Kinda nice to have to do it stealthily as to not wake anyone else up. Now to get settled in and watch a horrid football match that will ruin my morning.

Technically this happened yesterday but here goes anyways:

Apparently I look so easy that 50 year old men think they can get me to bend over for them for just a cigarette pack. Anyways I was waiting for the bus (middle of the day) when some older gentleman comes along and asks if I smoke and if I would like it if he bought me a pack...

:(

And now for another episode of "Orogun the PCless wonder boy":

I've just found out that I have fried yet another video card (I blame the weather) that makes 3 in the last 4 years. Good average all in all, anyways I'm hoping that it will all be solved today so I can finally hullah hoop and play DX.

Edited by Orogun01
I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

Went to some surprisingly good rockabilly last night, and flirted with a recent divorcee - I really am getting old.

My voice is low and crackly from my whooping my lungs out at the band. :(

I shall now crack out the rum, and pretend to be Guard Dog as I admire the deep velvety blue of the darkening sky contrasted with the equally velevty red of the bricks catching the last lambent rays of sunshine.

-Elwood Blues

Playing with my new tentacle.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein