What are you playing now?

Tried the SM demo too.

Frankly, gameplay is somewhere between 'uninspired' and 'dull'.

You're not exactly overwhelmed with colours either, and the environment seems a wee bit more rectangular than I'd like to. Sounds are okay tho.

Was expecting as much. Ah well, hope Relic gets good returns on it.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Tried the SM demo too.

Frankly, gameplay is somewhere between 'uninspired' and 'dull'.

You're not exactly overwhelmed with colours either, and the environment seems a wee bit more rectangular than I'd like to. Sounds are okay tho.

****ty brown and gunmetal gray as Yahtzee would put it.

Its a license thing, good for fanboys - average for everyone else.

I think its going to be a budget price buy title for me.

Edited by Drowsy Emperor

И погибе Српски кнез Лазаре,
И његова сва изгибе војска, 
Седамдесет и седам иљада;
Све је свето и честито било
И миломе Богу приступачно.

I should note that when I criticized the colour scheme, I meant the environment. Characters are as FABULOUS as you'd expect from 40K.

Also, the jump pack was fun, if pointless. Anyway, 1,5 levels - less than DSIII's, and that demo wasn't doing any favours for the full title, so there's hope.

My associates think well of the Space Marine demo. Almost pre-ordered it on their recommendations alone. But I'll try to tear myself away from Metal Gear Solid 5: Bionic Snake to try it out.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Not playing it, but might be this weekend. I was apparently chosen for The Old Republic beta testing. It was in my spam folder. And that's pretty much all the NDA will allow me to say about it.

Feel like creeping around and killing people, so Blood Money it is this weekend.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Not playing it, but might be this weekend. I was apparently chosen for The Old Republic beta testing. It was in my spam folder. And that's pretty much all the NDA will allow me to say about it.

I hate you.

Seriously, I really hope I get into some form of beta for the game, even if it's just a stress test.

I hate you.

Seriously, I really hope I get into some form of beta for the game, even if it's just a stress test.

Well, last night I

REDACTED

. It is

REDACTED

. You should

REDACTED

This seems to have been a large one. I know two or three other guys who got in this round.

People get off work at 5 ? What luxury!

Debating running to BB and getting DX after work, damn people and their enthusiasm.

do it. the game is awesome.

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

I've been playing some old Dynamix and Microprose adventures, but also gave that 2008 PoP game a try. I'm glad I could pick it up extremely cheap, because early impressions are very bad.

About the only good thing about the game so far is that it looks really good, despite no graphical settings being present in the game menu, what's up with that? Combat is a dull Fable-like button mashing affair without any risk of dying because of the magical chick that saves your butt if you screw up. There's also constantly prompts on the screen to push buttons during combat and the like, very distracting and annoying.

Platforming is ok, but the camera is pretty terrible, making it hard to know where to go next and turning the whole thing into a trial-and-error affair more often than not although again, the magical chick saves your butt if you fall to your doom. For some reason, for all her omnipotent-ness she still needs to jump on the Prince's back for some reason, which again is pretty distracting.

Also, having to collect 60 orbs of light after killing a boss in order to continue... real fun.

Perhaps the Prince calling out to Farah in the beginning of the game, and Farah turning out to be a donkey rather than the nubile Princess of old, is symptomatic of the game as a whole compared to its predecessors of the same company.

Edited by virumor

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

i liked that game, it was a bit derivative of shadow of colossus mixed with guitar hero, but it was fun for 1 playthrough.

the ps2 prince of persia game was the bomb though. the first one.

edit: never understood the complaint about not dying though, when was the last time you played a game that when you failed you died and had to start all over? every game has checkpoints and autosaves and quicksaves and blah blah blah. they just hid the checkpoints in pop 08 and instead of showing a death cinematic showed a hand grabbing one instead.

Edited by entrerix

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

edit: never understood the complaint about not dying though, when was the last time you played a game that when you failed you died and had to start all over? every game has checkpoints and autosaves and quicksaves and blah blah blah. they just hid the checkpoints in pop 08 and instead of showing a death cinematic showed a hand grabbing one instead.

Prince of Persia 1? emo-emot-smug.gif

You also had to finish it in one hour.

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

I don't have DX: HR, yet. I'm playing the sit-at-desk-wishing-it-was-5pm-so-I-can-run-to-Fry's,-pick-up-game,-and-play-all-weekend game.

Heh, that was my plan. My copy arrived about 10am friday, I installed it and started playing around 11am... I basically told family and work that I was going to be incommunicado on Deus Ex solidly.

Of course, then some real world stuff intervened and my boss asked me very nicely if I could spare a few hours to research / work over the weekend... So I'm treating that as the "necessary" break from gaming before I throw myself back into the fray.. :lol:

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Tried that Space Marine demo. Decent fun, is kinda cool to use the jump pack.

Finished DX:HR yesterday. Will do a second playthrough later. Dusted off my WII and currently on Xenoblade and its a blast.

How long is it?

~24

That said it was on tell me a story and I didn't do everything.

Edited by C2B