What are you playing now?

I tried replaying DA:O the other day, and it's very weird getting back to it after DA2. It's like everyone is moving through syrup and combat goes in slow motion. The only thing from DA2 I'm not missing, are those ninjas dropping from the skies.

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

Finished Alpha Protocol, awesome game! Gonna play it through again sometime in the near future for sure.

Tuuuurn up the raaadio, I need the music, give me some more!

I hate you and everyone else who a year? later find out that Alpha Protocol is actually a great game. I wanted a damn sequel :p

Dito. Makes me angry to read *now* everywhere that it's a cool game. Should have been done a year ago already.

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

Guest Slinky

Heh, I can understand that, I'd like a sequel too.

AP just didn't look interesting enough to me at the time and it got pretty much crushed by reviews. 72 metascore, the hell is up with that?!

AP just didn't look interesting enough to me at the time and it got pretty much crushed by reviews. 72 metascore, the hell is up with that?!

They're written by game reviewers

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

AP just didn't look interesting enough to me at the time and it got pretty much crushed by reviews.

So you have 1200 posts at the developer's forum, and still didn't feel like their product was worth trying? :ermm:

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

AP just didn't look interesting enough to me at the time and it got pretty much crushed by reviews.

So you have 1200 posts at the developer's forum, and still didn't feel like their product was worth trying? :ermm:

My mom cooked spaghetti (which I love) probably over a thousand times, doesn't mean I eat her fish soup too (which I don't like).

My mom cooked spaghetti (which I love) probably over a thousand times, doesn't mean I eat her fish soup too (which I don't like).

But you at least tried the soup before you decided you didn't like it, instead of asking a bunch of strangers what they think about it? ;)

But you at least tried the soup before you decided you didn't like it, instead of asking a bunch of strangers what they think about it? ;)

Actually no, the smell killed my apetite.

;)

Does anyone know if that NWN 2 purgatorio mod ever got finished? All I see are demos on NWN2vault.

http://nwvault.ign.com/View.php?view=NWN2M...tail&id=416

This is Purgatorio Version 1. It requires both expansions (MoTB and SoZ). There is an earlier DEMO version that is also available and only requires MoTB.
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Got obliterated in CS 1.6 today. Definitely not my day today.

И погибе Српски кнез Лазаре,
И његова сва изгибе војска, 
Седамдесет и седам иљада;
Све је свето и честито било
И миломе Богу приступачно.

Does anyone know if that NWN 2 purgatorio mod ever got finished? All I see are demos on NWN2vault.

http://nwvault.ign.com/View.php?view=NWN2M...tail&id=416

This is Purgatorio Version 1. It requires both expansions (MoTB and SoZ). There is an earlier DEMO version that is also available and only requires MoTB.

I found that one but it still says the mod is incomplete. :ermm:

Completed FNV for the second time as one of Caesars flunkies this time.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Guest Slinky

So you have 1200 posts at the developer's forum, and still didn't feel like their product was worth trying? :)

I didn't know I was obliged to buy every game from obsidian for full price, even if it looks uninteresting and gets hammered by reviews, just because I happen to like these forums. Sounds suspiciously something what a blind fanboy would do.

And I did still got it in the end, didn't I?

It was pretty obvious in quite a few of the AP reviews that the reviewer had never spent more than 15 minutes playing through it. The pistol is weak and the story is linear and railroaded? :)

On the other hand, it's pretty amusing to read through the somethingawful topic on AP and seeing people getting ephiphanies over the complex story.

So you have 1200 posts at the developer's forum, and still didn't feel like their product was worth trying? :)

I didn't know I was obliged to buy every game from obsidian for full price, even if it looks uninteresting and gets hammered by reviews, just because I happen to like these forums. Sounds suspiciously something what a blind fanboy would do.

I didn't play it either and I don't intend to in the near future, at least until its price drops into budget category. It got hammered for a lot of reasons and they can't all be wrong.

And the "spy thing" ain't really my thing.

Edited by Drowsy Emperor

I didn't know I was obliged to buy every game from obsidian for full price, even if it looks uninteresting and gets hammered by reviews, just because I happen to like these forums.

Clearly, you didn't read the fine print.

I didn't play it either and I don't intend to in the near future, at least until its price drops into budget category. It got hammered for a lot of reasons and they can't all be wrong.

And the "spy thing" ain't really my thing.

I feel the same about DS3, linear Hack & Slashes just aren't my thing.

Always love the snark you can get for not automatically being interested in an Obsidian game, heh. Still pushing on in HoMM3, also might give I-War a go, not sure how well that works with no joystick.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

On the other hand, it's pretty amusing to read through the somethingawful topic on AP and seeing people getting ephiphanies over the complex story.

That f***ing game!

As much as I love AP. It doesn't really have a complex story. Like at all. Its cool to find out details you didn't knew before on subsequent runs but its all pretty standard (though well done and executed) spy fiction with no interesting kinks. Its definitly Obsidians most standard plot so far (Though that isn't really the point here)

The highlight by far are the charachters and the dialog related to them. That was a way bigger reward. The story/plot itself is way secondary.

Edited by C2B

Still pushing on in HoMM3, also might give I-War a go, not sure how well that works with no joystick.

I-War 2 has auto targeting of sorts, and is playable with a keyboard but I don't know about I-war 1.