What are you playing now?

been playing a fair bit of League of Legends

mainly to help a friend keep his sanity. he gets insanely frustrated with how moronic people can be in-game, so he knows that if i'm on the team at least he has one other person who knows what they're doing

Same for me. Unless there's at least one competent team mate with me, I refuse to play.

I finished Half Life 2 after a LOOONG pause. The design was poorly thought-out and it often felt like Valve was more concerned about showcasing their tech than making a game, but I still had some fun with it, especially in those cases were they nailed the new mechanics (e.g. gravity gun, the levels with the antlions). Plus, atmosphere-wise, this is one of the best games I ever played.
You mean the 'bunny hop with trash on the beach' antlion level, or the beginning of Nova Prospekt?

If the former, that game has driven you mad. Maaaaaaad.

I meant the beginning of Nova Prospekt.

I enjoyed the trash on the beach bit. Seriously. :)

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Dug up my Final Fantasy 13 for a bit, not much.

I can see myself digging into that again pretty quick.

Also dug up some Post Mortems of the game and it's pretty funny to read as they basically read

"What went wrong:

We really didn't have a clue about what the completed project should be. All our teams worked on their own bits of the game without really talking to the other teams that much.

What went right:

When we were ordered to create a demo for the Advent Children DVD release, we actually found our clue!"

That's right, up until near the very end FFXIII was basically each of the design teams going nuts without a unified idea. The leaders were working more on the basic engine that would be running all of the other projects that were built with the game (the "Fabula Nova Crystallis" project). This also meant that hey didn't know the system specs at the start of development.

When they revealed the game with a CG trailer at E3 05/06 they actually had no game running, just that trailer. Tells me that they didn't know what the **** they were doing. A few heads have rolled and some members were relocated to other projects. FFXIII-2 looks unappealing, FfXvsXIII is vaporware until I see someone playing it. Final Fantasy Type-0 is the only thing from Square's Japanese division that looks interesting.

Anyway... I'm playing to much Dungeon Siege III. there are better games, but I am undeniably having lots of fun.

I've been playing Dungeon Seige 3 for pretty much the whole weekend now. Yesterday I started around 8am and then suddenly I look up and it's 9 o'clock at night. It is lots of fun and imo anyway that makes it a great game. Well made Obsidian.

I keep hearing it's awful. Will have to keep ears open then. Right now, kinda bored, so wiling away time playing SMAC.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Just finished Dungeon Siege 3. Was nice and entertaining and I like the length of it too (dunno why everyone yells that it's too short). The ending was good and yay! for ending slides (which have been great too).

Now going slowly back to Fallout 2, while waiting for OWB.

Edited by Lexx

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

Is anyone else getting a 'Double Dragon' or 'Final Fight' kind of vibe from DS3? I'm playing as Lucas and it has that kind of feel that I really like...like an old skool beat-em-up.

beyond-epic-facepalm-facepalm-stupid-fail-dumb-death-demotivational-poster-1284049056.jpg

I came up with Crate 3.0 technology. 

Crate 4.0 - we shall just have to wait and see.

Down and out on the Solomani Rim
Now the Spinward Marches don't look so GRIM!

Guest Slinky

Don't know about you Nightshape, but that Big Bottom's post is the first and only thing that has ever made me even a little interested in a Dungeon Siege game.

Damn I have good memories about Double Dragon II on NES and Final Fight on amiga >_<

Nightshape is just a negative nelly. It sounds like quite a few folks are enjoying DS3 as a solid action romp.

Just stay away from the forums, I hear the hate reached a critical mass, fell in on itself and created a dark void of super hate.

There were no survivors

Edited by Purkake

You positive people are silly.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

While I'm moderately enjoying Arkham Asylum, I'm not finding its combat system particularly captivating. Happily, there's been enough variation in gameplay so far to keep it somewhat interesting. I've actually gotten so bored with it a couple of times I've gone back to reading process consultation, so I guess I should be happy it hasn't been ****ing up tomorrow's exam.

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Don't know about you Nightshape, but that Big Bottom's post is the first and only thing that has ever made me even a little interested in a Dungeon Siege game.

Damn I have good memories about Double Dragon II on NES and Final Fight on amiga :ermm:

Yeah, but drawing a line from Double Dragon or Final Fight to Dungeon Siege 3? No... No I'm not getting that kind of vibe from playing it.

DS 3 isn't a bad game, its just got a broken PC interface.

The time spent in NMA training was well worth it. I am immune to hate. Anyway, why is there hate in the DS3 forums ?

No no, he was already a cybernetically reanimated zombie, hence the negativity circuits. But in the end it's pretty much the same thing, just more science-y.

@Malcador: Why is there love in the world? Why do fish swim and birds fly? Why were you reanimated as a soulless automaton? We don't have all the answers to life's questions and I'm afraid we never will.

The answer to the last is to make you immune to hate, though.

Edited by Purkake

The time spent in NMA training was well worth it. I am immune to hate. Anyway, why is there hate in the DS3 forums ?

Because its Dungeon Siege in name only... Like that Fallout 3 game.

Tbh I'm fond of it for some reason. :o

I love that level :)

I liked that level. Generally I dislike respawn mechanics but Half-Life 2 allow save anywhere feature, thus I don't have to repeat any sections of the game. Also in this case platforming (like accurate jumps or building pathways) is enjoyable experience, rather then something you have to do again and again. I don't remember if I've actually died in that level, but it would have been significantly worse under your usual consolization "save point" system.

I enjoyed the trash on the beach bit. Seriously. o:)

What is wrong with you people?! And of course you all have to come out of the woodwork after I mention having never heard anyone say they liked that big. :ermm:

My game time was severely cut down over the past few days, but it's cleared up again. I'm hoping to finish up Duke Nukem either today or tomorrow.

Ahh ok. Never knew the DS games had a following, but it does bother people when a series gets mucked around with for the worse (or if its perceived to be). Been there with several of my favourite series. Time to wade into there then.

And hey hey, I have a soul. I like..puppies and stuff.

Ahh ok. Never knew the DS games had a following, but it does bother people when a series gets mucked around with for the worse (or if its perceived to be). Been there with several of my favourite series. Time to wade into there then.

And hey hey, I have a soul. I like..puppies and stuff.

Nah man, Dungeon Siege was totally worthless, in fact, it took away from gaming as a whole. You could say DS3 is an attempt to redeem the series.

This is nothing at all like that Fallout 3 thing, totally different.