What are you playing now?

Started playing DSIII with Reinhart today and so far I really like the game.

However, there are right now 3 abilities available, but I only have one (Lighning) in my slot. How do I map the other 2 abilities to the UI?

You change stance. Abilities are linked to stances. There are two "attack" stances (with two different basic attacks) plus a defensive stance which is activated by blocking. If you're playing on PC I think you can activate the healing ability also by hitting '4', but I'm not completely sure.

You can't map anything on the UI and in general, it doesn't feel like there's been much work put on the PC version, and that's quite the understatement.

Hope that helps :o

EDIT: On PC you change stance using 'Q' on consoles with R2/RB.

Edited by WorstUsernameEver

Yes, healing is "4" - in the beginning pretty worthless, but in the last 3/4 of the game, you will begin to love it.

Funny though, around 1 hour before I've finished the game, I've found out that I can equip my companions with items. I'll guess if I would have known that before, some boss fights would have been a tad easier...

Btw. I've also found the controls on pc to be pretty good. After I got used to it, I had no problems nonewhatsoever with them anymore. Sure, I would have liked to change some keys, like inventory to "i" or such, but beside this, I found it pretty usable and smooth. Even the camera controls did only annoyed me in hard boss fights, where I had to look around more or less fast.

Edited by Lexx

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

Yeah, but drawing a line from Double Dragon or Final Fight to Dungeon Siege 3? No... No I'm not getting that kind of vibe from playing it.

Not even a little? Bashing multiple enemies with your sword and using special moves feels like a beat-em-up to me. I would imagine this feel is lost on a mouse and keyboard somewhat but I don't care cos I have an Xbox controller. This is at early levels, mind, but I hope the feel is the same further down the road.

lolz, I always wondered how I can use the third, defensive skills. Now I see that it's on blocking. Damn, either I've been blind at the beginning when the tutorial popups came or I don't know.

Well, at least now I know for sure that you don't need them to finish the game.

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

Beat FEAR, onto FEAR 2. Then Reborn. Preparing for FEAR 3 Tuesday. Not sure if I'll do FEAR 3 or Dungeon Siege 3 first.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Because I've totally not played it before. They seem to enjoy their twist endings in the series.

Related:

Because I've totally not played it before. They seem to enjoy their twist endings in the series.

Related:

I could see that being used in a Duke Nukem game.

The twist was that it was the only scary/disturbing part of the game. FEAR 3 looks like your average cash-in.

Eh, maybe. I retain my optimism.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Tbh I'm fond of it for some reason. :o

I love that level :)

I liked that level. Generally I dislike respawn mechanics but Half-Life 2 allow save anywhere feature, thus I don't have to repeat any sections of the game. Also in this case platforming (like accurate jumps or building pathways) is enjoyable experience, rather then something you have to do again and again. I don't remember if I've actually died in that level, but it would have been significantly worse under your usual consolization "save point" system.

I enjoyed the trash on the beach bit. Seriously. o:)

What is wrong with you people?! And of course you all have to come out of the woodwork after I mention having never heard anyone say they liked that big. :(

My game time was severely cut down over the past few days, but it's cleared up again. I'm hoping to finish up Duke Nukem either today or tomorrow.

I hated anything to do with the antlions - except the beginning of Nova Prospekt - but I much enjoyed the rest of the stuff on the coast. If I could swap the car from episode 2 for the dunebuggy I'd like it even more.

I took this job because I thought you were just a legend. Just a story. A story to scare little kids. But you're the real deal. The demon who dares to challenge God.

So what the hell do you want? Don't seem to me like you're out to make this stinkin' world a better place. Why you gotta kill all my men? Why you gotta kill me?

Nothing personal. It's just revenge.

The twist was that it was the only scary/disturbing part of the game. FEAR 3 looks like your average cash-in.

Eh, maybe. I retain my optimism.

To the bitter end, I admire your perseverance.

Well they've got John Carpenter working on Cinematics, and Steve Niles doing the story, and the multiplayer modes look friggin sweet.

There's ****ing Run! which we mentioned before, Contractions (which is basically the Nazi Zombies multiplayer mode from CoD but with decreased visibility with each round), Sole Survivor (where four live players are in the game with one as a spectre, the spectre takes control of things and tries to kill the players (things meaning other players too)), and Soul King, where everyone is a specter trying to get as many drops as they can by controlling mooks to kill other mooks.

Besides, at least they're TRYING SOMETHING NEW in the genre (with Fettle's new role, and the specter role in multiplayer), rather than just releasing "We're gonna tinge Call of Duty with Horror and call it a day".

Edited by Gorth
Bad language habits...

For the record, nobody has seen Beckett since his little dance with the devil in the psychic moonlight. One theory points to becket's little psychic battle at the end of Project Origin took all of 8 1/2 months which leads up to where Fear 3 picks up (there is actually a "Days:Minutes:Hours" clock in the final fight).

Also, they've said the baby is the antichrist.

Waiting for DS3 to be available on Steam. At least the wait means it'll be night so I can play without my PC overheating in this heat. Bleh, gotta put that AC back in the window.

Can't wait tho...even tho I wasn't initially excited by the demo, for some reason I really want to play DS3 now. Guess I just need some hack n slash.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

For the record, nobody has seen Beckett since his little dance with the devil in the psychic moonlight. One theory points to becket's little psychic battle at the end of Project Origin took all of 8 1/2 months which leads up to where Fear 3 picks up (there is actually a "Days:Minutes:Hours" clock in the final fight).

Also, they've said the baby is the antichrist.

Beckett shows up in one of the trailers. Dude is not happy.

Can you download it from Steam early & then it "unlocks" later? If so I might do that.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts