Movies you've seen recently

Gorth

Captain America. Good, not great.

Stay after the credits for an Avengers trailer.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

LARP - The Movie :blink:

Looks like it could be fun though.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Potter. Pretty much par for the course. Entertaining, felt a bit truncated, and Voldemort is still completely unthreatening.

I agree with that, the film really failed to portray him as menacing. He spent too much screen time gasping about his horcruxes and babying his snake.

Luckily I felt everything else was done so well that it didn't bother me.

The Undefeated, the Sarah Palin film. Me and a buddy were the only ones in the theatre. ;) The movie deserves all the criticism it gets... for the editing. Whoever directed/edited the film should stick to music videos. People would jump all over the screen as they talked and it would rapidly flash to random images. The actual information was interesting, but I'd actually feel the need to close my eyes just so I could focus on the dialogue.

Horrible Bosses

The plot is assinine but theres several lol moments and Jennifer Anniston is just getting hotter.

Ooh, saw this too. I thought it was absolutely hilarious.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

It felt more Indiana Jones movie than superhero movie.

The old ones or the new one?

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

Captain America..

It's a good movie, but as has been said not great.

There's not the same feel of superheroics that you get in other "costume" movies, more of a partially pulp adventure style. That's probably due to the combination of the world war 2 setting, and the fact that Captain America doesn't really have any wacky powers, just.. slightly suped up physical capabilities.

Stark works quite well as a background character, and The Red Skull hams it up enjoyably in that "i'm so evil i've split from the nazis" way.

Throw in a few chuckleworthy lines of dialogue and the expected Stan Lee cameo, and its all an entertaining mix.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

It felt more Indiana Jones movie than superhero movie.

The old ones or the new one?

In between them I would say.

This post is not to be enjoyed, discussed, or referenced on company time.

Well not a movie.. Just the sneak peak of the upcoming season of MythBusters..

But wow.. 9 years of filming.. I hadn't realised it had been going so long.

The numbers are kind of..interesting:

• 189 episodes.
  • 769 myths (425 busted).
  • 2,391 experiments.
  • 6,255 hours of filming.
  • 128 vehicles destroyed.
  • 12 tons of explosive.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

The Warrior's Way.

Visually stylistic and cool, but not what I'd call a "good movie." Story/character stuff not terribly interesting or well done etc. Not as action-filled as the ads might make you think, most of the action is near the end. The visuals/camera work tho...they're kind of an eye treat to someone like me. Some parts of the film reminded me of Sam Rami's "The Quick & The Dead" for some reason.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Source Code.

From the same director as "Moon".

Overall very enjoyable movie.

Bit of Trivia, the director is the son of David Bowie.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif