Witcher 2

Looking at the screens above, I'd say there is way too much bloom.

/Edit: Also extracting the game now. As long as Honest Hearts isn't out, Geral will help me to care for my honest heart.

Edited by Lexx

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

Everyone that posts performance numbers should post specs as well. And screen resolution as well.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

since I can't play the game, I have only one thing to say.

Tig changed his avatar! :o

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

Holy ****, the installation takes like forever. Extracting + integrity check was already approx 30 minutes and now in the installation, the progress bar is in snail speed mode as well. Can still take a while if nothing super fancy happens...

/Edit: My Antivir also says that Witcher2.exe is a trojan and locked up all the ****. Now I have to see how to fix this without reinstalling the game.

Edited by Lexx

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

so, how much space does it need? I'm afraid I don't have partitions larger than 24 GB, and those are packed with pictures and music... I wouldn't want to format half of my HDD just to install some game when I get it

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

thanks, that I could manage if I deleted all these free-to-play online disasters

Walsingham said:

The graphic is just so fancy. I don't remember anything that I've played that looks so good. And I don't even play on higher settings. Game runs smooth as well, will post some specs later.

But the interface text... god damn. I can't read most of it, as it's far too small and there is nowhere an option to make the text bigger.

Edited by Lexx

First impressions are very, very good indeed! Its so much better than Dragon Age that it's tragic, Bioware should hang their heads in shame.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

Playing with a Dualshock 3 now and my enjoyment increased by another 100%. I'm actually good in combat now. Dodging is so much easier, and the overall controls makes so much more sense.

This is rather worrying. What's wrong with keyboard + mouse?

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

Playing with a Dualshock 3 now and my enjoyment increased by another 100%. I'm actually good in combat now. Dodging is so much easier, and the overall controls makes so much more sense.

This is rather worrying. What's wrong with keyboard + mouse?

Nothing? I can see how this kind of action-y gameplay would feel better with a keyboard, but the control scheme seems intelligent enough to me.

It's probably just me. But I hate playing actiony games with Keyboard + mouse. Everything was ok, but I just couldn't dodge good enough. I think I could have just swapped some keys for some of the moves, but I said to hell with it and plugged in the controller. This is the first time I use a gamepad for a PC game.

*boots game, plays 10 minutes* How the heck am I supposed to get back into that alleyway to get to the temple secret passage!?

*feels incredibly dense*

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Sadly I'm getting about 30fps on low detail, something somewhere is wrong and I'd bet my left testicle that it's the bloody 5970, never buying an ATI/AMD Crossfire card again, I just end up waiting months for driver updates to fix things.

Dunno what FPS I have, but with this config on a Intel Core2Duo E6400 with 2gb ram and a geforce gtx 260 it's running smooth, so I'll guess I can even higher some settings some more.

Bild1.png

And it looks pretty good already, so even if I can't pull the settings higher, it's still pretty good looking.

Edited by Lexx

All the options arent available in the ingame menu so I tweaked the *.ini files a bit. I decreased the size of the shadow maps (shadows are insanely heavy on the GPU) and reduced the maximum texture sizes for trees/plants. Got about 20% FPS increase

Config.zip

goes into "C:\Users\****\Documents\Witcher 2\Config" where **** is your windows login

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

*boots game, plays 10 minutes* How the heck am I supposed to get back into that alleyway to get to the temple secret passage!?

*feels incredibly dense*

Use your igni sign on the wooden planks. Took me a few minutes to figure out.

Btw. am I the only one who finds the game to be pretty hard? I am playing on normal and I've died like a million times already.

Did the last years of game releases made me a whimp?

A few people on the GoG forums are talking about it being hard.

General consensus on combat tends to be hit and run.

Edited by Tale
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Btw. am I the only one who finds the game to be pretty hard? I am playing on normal and I've died like a million times already.

Did the last years of game releases made me a whimp?

Phew, I was afraid I was the only one there for a while!

Yeah, died a bazillion times so far, or thereabout.

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken