RANDOM VIDEO GAME NEWS THREAD!

Gorth

Feargus on PS:T 2

So what does this mean for the chances of a sequel to the adored PC RPG, Planescape: Torment? Urquhart was surprisingly candid: “I remember right after finishing Planescape: Torment I spoke to Chris Avellone [Obsidian creative director] and asked what he wanted to do, and he was like, ‘I don’t wanna do a sequel!’ We haven’t talked about it in ten years, but it might be different now. But a lot of revisiting old games is about saying, ‘okay, that worked in 1999, what would work now?’ And how would you do it again?”

“It would have to be done right, otherwise the fans of the original would be pissed off”

But while it’s not entirely off the table, Urquhart does have concerns that would have to be addressed: “We’d have to think a lot about it, because it would have to be done right, otherwise the fans of the original would be pissed off and new people wouldn’t get it. That would be terrible.”

http://pc-mmo.nowgamer.com/news/5797/obsid...-torment-return

Its also a six page interview. So can anyone get it when its out?

Edited by C2B

i think planescape as a setting should be revisited with a quality game. but a direct sequel to torment is a bad idea imo. leave it alone, its a classic.

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

What's funny is that the "eternal" Blood War has officially ended in FR after Asmodeus owned Azuth and became a god. The baatezu won.

Edited by virumor

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

i think planescape as a setting should be revisited with a quality game. but a direct sequel to torment is a bad idea imo. leave it alone, its a classic.

Either would be fine. The first was about a serial amnesiac. The reset button practically writes itself!

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

What's funny is that the "eternal" Blood War has officially ended in FR after Asmodeus owned Azuth and became a god. The baatezu won.

That's Neeshka's grandfather side, correct :shifty: ?

Yes.

the FR jumped the shark when 4e was released.

you hear that 4e? you just got owned.

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

Blood War was stupid, anyway.

Feargus on PS:T 2
So what does this mean for the chances of a sequel to the adored PC RPG, Planescape: Torment? Urquhart was surprisingly candid: “I remember right after finishing Planescape: Torment I spoke to Chris Avellone [Obsidian creative director] and asked what he wanted to do, and he was like, ‘I don’t wanna do a sequel!’ We haven’t talked about it in ten years, but it might be different now. But a lot of revisiting old games is about saying, ‘okay, that worked in 1999, what would work now?’ And how would you do it again?”

“It would have to be done right, otherwise the fans of the original would be pissed off”

But while it’s not entirely off the table, Urquhart does have concerns that would have to be addressed: “We’d have to think a lot about it, because it would have to be done right, otherwise the fans of the original would be pissed off and new people wouldn’t get it. That would be terrible.”

http://pc-mmo.nowgamer.com/news/5797/obsid...-torment-return

Its also a six page interview. So can anyone get it when its out?

All my hopes and praying to god. No PS:T2... just no.

A separate game in the planescape universe is something that could work, but really... I don't want to see some Oblivion-esque type of game, even if it has nice writing.

Edited by Lexx

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

Blood War was stupid, anyway.

no YOU are stupid, blood war was great background stuff.

in my games you better believe its still going on, and will for all eternity.

(insult was for humor purposes only - not a real insult)

Your FACE is great for background stuff.

Your FACE is great for background stuff.

hell yeah now that's what im talkin about!

A separate game in the planescape universe is something that could work, but really... I don't want to see some Oblivion-esque type of game, even if it has nice writing.

Why in the world would it end up as Oblivion-esque type of stuff? Did I miss something and Bethesda got the D&D license?

Edited by C2B

Why in the world would it end up as Oblivion-esque type of stuff? Did I miss something and Bethesda got the D&D license?

cause there is now a big market for those games

I fail to see how it's a big market when only one developer/publisher is doing it with any frequency. Get back to me when EA, Activision, or Ubisoft is capitalizing on it.

Edited by Tale

Wasn't it Mephasm?

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

I fail to see how it's a big market when only one developer/publisher is doing it with any frequency.

Well, then let's call it action-esque permanent-shootery-hack and slay type of game.

Edited by Lexx

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

http://www.americanmcgee.com/2011/05/12/ne...-amr-and-alice/

EA is bundling Madness Returns with a remaster of the original on EA store for the PC. Finding it on the actual EA store doesn't describe the original as a remaster. And even the console versions come with a digital download of the original if purchased through EA store.

Edited by Tale

Wasn't it Mephasm?

Side as in faction.