RANDOM VIDEO GAME NEWS THREAD!

Gorth

4 was ugh

Die in a fire or something.

4 is one of the only times I will ever refer to a game as "self-indulgent." It's one of those words that seems absolutely meaningless to apply to this kind of context, but there's literally nothing else to describe it. Metal Gear Solid 4 spent as much time in cutscenes as gameplay. If not more. And never gave you enough of any particular gameplay segment to appreciate it.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

4 was ugh

4 is one of the only times I will ever refer to a game as "self-indulgent." It's one of those words that seems absolutely meaningless to apply to this kind of context, but there's literally nothing else to describe it. Metal Gear Solid 4 spent as much time in cutscenes as gameplay. If not more. And never gave you enough of any particular gameplay segment to appreciate it.

Not to mention the cutscenes were awfully boring in comparison to 3.

MGS games in order of awesomeness

1>3>>>2>4

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

Second chapter was longer overall. If there ever was a fan game, that'd be MGS4. I'm not about to say that it's good on it's own merits, but as a fan, it was pretty good to wrap things up as best as possible. Although the whole "Nanites = deus ex machina" thing was kinda stupid.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

In my eyes their reputation never recovered after they acted like arrogant bastards right around the time of PS3's debut.

It will be expensive ... for consumers to think to themselves 'I will work more hours to buy one'. We want people to feel that they want it, irrespective of anything else.”

-Ken Kutaragi, 2006.

Edited by Syraxis

Remember when Microsoft expected people to upgrade to Vista and start paying for online just to play an already outdated Halo 2 PC? And then when that flopped, they abandoned PC game publishing for 4 years.

That was fun.

Edited by Tale

Remember when Microsoft expected people to upgrade to Vista and start paying for online just to play an already outdated Halo 2 PC? And then when that flopped, they abandoned PC game publishing for 6 1/2 years.

That was fun.

Vista was already an embarrassment to the company but they actually did THAT!?! :thumbsup:

4 years, not 6 1/2, my bad.

microsoft seemed to believe that they could only support console gaming OR pc gaming, not both. they may still have this belief.

sony was mistakenly under the belief that people loved giving sony money, and not playing games, they seem to have realized this error, but now are being hit with ten other problems to deal with.

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

Hmm I am still loving to play Sony games... Online gaming is not everything... you know...

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

Hmm I am still loving to play Sony games... Online gaming is not everything... you know...

It is for the Millennials.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

4 was ugh

MGS4 was most certainly self-indulgent, with too many cutscenes desperately in need of an editor, but I still love it. The few hours of actual gameplay were fab.

Anyway, now that Sony is remastering PSP titles for play on the PS3 maybe I'll finally get to play Peace Walker.

I still need to finish Peace Walker. I finally get what I think are all the parts to my own Metal Gear and I spend all my time trying to figure out how to use it. I never did. :thumbsup:

Then I find out that they do hidden 'true ending' bull****.

i was referring to the price of the ps3 at launch, along with its launch titles.

edit: and i hate online gaming, i assume you were talking to someone else?

Edited by entrerix

microsoft seemed to believe that they could only support console gaming OR pc gaming, not both. they may still have this belief.

sony was mistakenly under the belief that people loved giving sony money, and not playing games, they seem to have realized this error, but now are being hit with ten other problems to deal with.

This cracks me up...

While there is an enormous target on Sony's back as a result of these very public attacks it is unclear why this is happening. Is Sony taking security seriously or are there simply so many flaws from the past that exist in their public facing sites that it will take them a long time to patch them all?

I hope this is the last time I have to report on a flaw at Sony. Sony has announced they are working with several professional organizations to get their security house in order and for their sake I hope this happens sooner rather than later.

It's called they were so sold on DRM and in their arrogance once again, basically threw down a glove and challenged every hacker in the world against them with certain actions.

At the time they may have felt the champions of anti-piracy.

Now...I'm not certain how they feel about it. Probably still arrogant after handing everyone's personal information away they feel they can appease people by offering them a short period of ID checking if the customer fills out two hundred forms granting their life away...as well as the opportunity to have three worthless games that no one wanted anyways...for free.

Of course if the hackers really wanted to send a message of the uselessness of DRM and how it only hurts paying customers, they'd hack all the authentication servers instead the world over...but then...without DRM to drive people to their sites to d/l their hacks for movies, games and whatever...the hackers may actually lose money from the advertisers and such...oh the fears...so I doubt they'd actually ever do that.

Instead, they just hack Sony who was stupid enough to think they were so superior that they would make themselves a target for the hackers of the world to unite against and aggravise for a while.

Believe it or not, I don't think it's because Sony was being so lax, I think with as much weighted pressure by hackers against them recently, it would have caused trouble to any company or group that was targeted by those they angered.

Probably could have done the same to MS, or anyone else, but it was Sony's arrogance that brought it on.

I just hope I never become the target of such. That would stink.