RANDOM VIDEO GAME NEWS THREAD!

Gorth

Team Fortress 2 is a piece of crap, I can't believe I wasted my money on it... some of my buddies are trying to persuade me to buy Brink, but I have a feeling it will be exactly like TF2 but with jumping off the walls... bleh I say, too bad there's no MP demo

Also not that crazy about TF2. The closest example of how this would play would be to download Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory (Its completely free. Only problem is I don't know how many servers are up and how many of those are running unmodded) or a demo of Enemy Territory: Quake Wars. Brink is essentially Enemy Territory in everything but name.

I'm seriously considering buying Section 8: Prejudice. pretty cool and has jetpacks. mmm

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

no, I bought a Steam key for TF2 only, at least it was relatively cheap :thumbsup:

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

i enjoyed TF2, but probably only played it for about 30 hours or so, i know some people play it for years, but for me it was just fun for a couple of weeks. I imagine brink would be the same way, so i'll probably skip it, or buy it when its half price

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

The Valve manifesto

Very good read if you want to learn more about Valve.

They certainly have an interesting way of working... Which I like the sound of.

I came up with Crate 3.0 technology. 

Crate 4.0 - we shall just have to wait and see.

Down and out on the Solomani Rim
Now the Spinward Marches don't look so GRIM!

Team Fortress 2

599.9 hrs on record

Sup.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

wow tale, i don't think i've ever put more than 300 hours into a game. thats a pretty crazy number

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

Team Fortress 2

599.9 hrs on record

Sup.

You part of a clan...?

Team Fortress 2

599.9 hrs on record

Sup.

You part of a clan...?

Nope. Never join clans outside of MMOs. But I do regular servers.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Tale, you're a beast

Walsingham said:

wow, that's pretty harsh. seals it for me, at least for now :blink:

Walsingham said:

wow tale, i don't think i've ever put more than 300 hours into a game. thats a pretty crazy number

I'm fairly sure I have a similar number in BG2. :blink:

Hell, I have over 300 hours in ME2 ;D

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

wow, that's pretty harsh. seals it for me, at least for now :blink:

I haven't read the reviews yet, I haven't played Brink, but I told you all.... It's gunna suck.

Edit: And the critics agree with me funny that I saw that coming, now if you could just keep an eye on Bodycount, due out in August...

Edited by Nightshape

Hell, I have over 300 hours in ME2 ;D

You aren't that one guy that finished the game 20-30 times according to the BioSpyWare, are you? :lol:

Edited by virumor

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

I get the impression that Brink is just average, basically a bit like some Valve games, with a different skin, but clunkier than anything valve does.