What are you playing now?

I want to play it so I can troll about it with some degree of accuracy, if you havent done your homework you'll be found out before the fun starts.

..and where are you working now, then?

Edited by Kaftan Barlast

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

But yeah, will be fun to see how Onyx does in DS3.

One of the scandinavian game journalists on the Deus Ex HR forums made some off hand comment about a preivew of DS3 and how it seemed okay but had the typical bad Obsidian camera angles...

Yeah, I know. Don't think that has anything to do with the engine itself though particularly much. And while that comment might've worried me, the lengthy gameplay walkthroughs we've seen look absolutely fine to me camera-wise.

It seems to be very subjective anyway. Both german reviewers didn't adress the camera as an issue.

I want to play it so I can troll about it with some degree of accuracy, if you havent done your homework you'll be found out before the fun starts.

EA

I came up with Crate 3.0 technology. 

Crate 4.0 - we shall just have to wait and see.

Down and out on the Solomani Rim
Now the Spinward Marches don't look so GRIM!

But yeah, will be fun to see how Onyx does in DS3.

One of the scandinavian game journalists on the Deus Ex HR forums made some off hand comment about a preivew of DS3 and how it seemed okay but had the typical bad Obsidian camera angles...

Most of the complaints seem about co-op camera and I can definitely seen where they're coming from judging from what I've seen in the French videos Sannom has posted in the DS3 forum. Still, the game seemed fun enough that I don't think I'd really mind.

Okay, so I'm working my way through the mines right now and I've hit a bit of a wall it seems. I didn't have much trouble with any of the guys on the outside as I managed to lure them away one by one in order to focus them down. I had to use the boots of speed to run my main away from a Chaos spell or two so that she wouldn't proceed to kill everyone else in the group while I don't have any control, but things worked out in the end.

First level of the mines was pathetically easy. There were only a few guards sitting around, mostly alone. They all fell without any trouble. Hitting the second level of the mine started out with a decent sized fight against half a dozen guards and some black talon elites which I still hate with a passion thanks to those damn cheating ice arrows. 1d3 cold damage my ass, that's not what the chat log is saying. Took a bit of damage in that fight.

Now where I'm hitting a wall is the fight just outside the prison, past the trapped hallway. There is about a dozen guards of various types from the puny leather armoured troops to the better equipped version and even some Black Talons along with a mage. Now I think I could take the guards if the mage would just stay out of it, but she always shows up at the worst possible moment. I even tried tossing a fireball followed by an oil of fiery burning and a potion of explosions into the room. The combination managed to killed about 75% of the guards, but I can't angle it through the door well enough to hit the mage who starts the fight invisible.

Chaos is a pain in the ass. No one has yet made a save against it and it's got a damn good spread radius that usually allows it to hit multiple characters if not all of them in the tight quarters inside the mines.

Odd, SCS shouts should have lured that whole group, along with the mage, when you fought the guards at the very start of that level. (Which makes it a glorious clusterfrack where your AOEs can do genocidal damage, but also where it's hard to dodge the mage's spells.)

I'd advise using potions of invisibility on characters with fireball potions to hit the mage, or, if you can survive for 2-3 turns, casting dispell then web.

EA

, but with the consistent EA bashing I couldn't help myself :shifty:

Money talks.

EA

Did they tattoo your bloodgroup in your armpit and issue you a dagger? :bat:

sonsofgygax.JPG

ok, so i got the witcher 2 last night (gog. support gog. support drm free. support dev by buying game shortly after release. i feel like a bra with all the support i am providing)

initial thoughts:

1. not super crazy about the interface, but im sure i'll get used to it soon

2. holy crap i thought i was still in a cutscene at the beginning there... this game looks good.

3. it looks like the crunchy bits are on display in the menu screens, dragon age 1 and 2 screwed this up terribly. opacity in an rpg system is not a good idea.

4. does my health regenerate? or is this just in the tutorial? weird. but i guess it makes sense if it does since im like a medieval x-man or something. i loved having high constitution in planescape torment so i had regenerating health.

5. plot is just getting started but its already miles more interesting than what was happening in DA2. this is some pretty ok rpg writing so far.

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

Health does regenerate.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Health does regenerate.

neato. i did not like how in nwn and dragon age your health (even if you were just a normal human) would magically (and without explanation) reappear after sitting still for 6 seconds. but i dont mind a slowly regenerating health bar if i am playing a mutant who has healing powers or whatever the hell the witcher is.

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

I really should get around to finishing the witcher. AoK sounds amazing.

Is it a bad idea to start W2 before finishing W1?

Not really. The Witcher 1 seems to do a good job of introducing characters and some factions that are also relevant in The Witcher 2, but the plots aren't directly connected. The bad guys of The Witcher 2 have no relation to the bad guys of The Witcher 1, except for like one guy in a sidequest.

The Witcher 1 does have a teaser scene that leads into The Witcher 2, however.

EA

Did they tattoo your bloodgroup in your armpit and issue you a dagger? o:)

With programmers they use alcohol dependency to make us dependent upon them. Hence we work for booze, because we're all piss heads.

Designers get access to the cocaine bucket, and golden toilets. The side effect is that they all walk around as if they're about to fall over backwards.

Artists all live in China.

Honest. I'm not lying. Iz a tr00 story.

Designers get access to the cocaine bucket, and golden toilets. The side effect is that they all walk around as if they're about to fall over backwards.

Or they could be averting their noses from the programmer funk.

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Odd, SCS shouts should have lured that whole group, along with the mage, when you fought the guards at the very start of that level. (Which makes it a glorious clusterfrack where your AOEs can do genocidal damage, but also where it's hard to dodge the mage's spells.)

I'd advise using potions of invisibility on characters with fireball potions to hit the mage, or, if you can survive for 2-3 turns, casting dispell then web.

Well I managed to get through it this time. I flanked the room this time with Xan on one side and my PC/Imoen on the other. Xan kicked things off with a Web which managed to catch just about everyone in the room while the others hide in shadows in the opposite doorway. A fireball from Xan started the barrage which was finished with a potion of explosions and oil of fiery burning. A few extra people failed their saving throws this time and took the full damage. There was a single Black Talon Elite and the Mage left alive after the three fireballs, both of which were trapped in the web. PC and Imoen took them both down with arrows before they could get unstuck. The two normal guards from the next room got caught in the web trying to cross the room so they were also turned into human pincushions.

The key this time through was web. The first time I tried this I didn't bother with a disabling spell and right after the fireball went through all 12 guards downed a healing potion of varying strengths. After that I tried a stinking cloud which worked moderately well, but only caught about 50% of the guards and didn't touch the mage. Web was much more effective. It would have been a much more difficult fight if Xan couldn't bypass school restrictions with scrolls.

3rd floor is a cakewalk so far. Waiting for Davaeorn to massacre me.

Oh and the mage on the 3rd floor managed to TPK me with on lightning bolt. :lol:

Edited by Deraldin

Or they could be averting their noses from the programmer funk.

Iz ego, EA have done tests on designers... Bigger ego and more pre-maddona you are more people listen.

EVE, my alliance claimed a system in 0.0, huzzah. And we got war-dec'd by some corp with 5 people in it, small group but they're decent hunters.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Bigger ego and more pre-maddona you are more people listen.

The commonly accepted spelling for that is "primadonna". Unless you're going after a pre-Mother of God angle here?

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Bigger ego and more pre-maddona you are more people listen.

The commonly accepted spelling for that is "primadonna". Unless you're going after a pre-Mother of God angle here?

3856828826_4602b414c7.jpg

I'd like to ask the audience.