HBO's Game of Thrones

MechanicalLemon

For both the sake of those who haven't read the books and those who are DVR'ing episodes to watch later, please make liberal use of spoiler tags.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Since this is obviously so popular, could we have episode divided threads?

Just a thought?

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Here are two little surprises. While I was getting dressed for work this morning I had CNN on the TV, they actually ran a segment on how shocked viewers were and what a unexpected twist this was. Then on the way to work they were actually taking calls about it on the radio on WEGR. I guess it is a pretty poular show after all. A lot of folks said they were never watching again but I said the same thing after I read that part in Book 1 and again after you-know-what in Book 3. But here I am ready and waiting for book 5.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Here are two little surprises. While I was getting dressed for work this morning I had CNN on the TV, they actually ran a segment on how shocked viewers were and what a unexpected twist this was. Then on the way to work they were actually taking calls about it on the radio on WEGR. I guess it is a pretty poular show after all. A lot of folks said they were never watching again but I said the same thing after I read that part in Book 1 and again after you-know-what in Book 3. But here I am ready and waiting for book 5.

Just weeding out the weak :D

The marketing behind GoT was crazy, they had giant screens and food trucks in LA and NY with extensive press kits, trailers and internet presence.

You gotta love Sean Bean, it turns out he gets stabbed in a bar fight over a woman last night and intead of going to the hospital he goes back into the bar and orders another drink. Huzzah!

:sorcerer:

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2011/...y-model-report/

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

You gotta love Sean Bean, it turns out he gets stabbed in a bar fight over a woman last night and intead of going to the hospital he goes back into the bar and orders another drink. Huzzah!

:shifty:

Thats a Yorkshireman for you. "TIZ BUT A SCRATCH, BACK TO TEH BAR!!!"

I came up with Crate 3.0 technology. 

Crate 4.0 - we shall just have to wait and see.

Down and out on the Solomani Rim
Now the Spinward Marches don't look so GRIM!

:p

He was defending his companion, Sean Bean is a man of honor :p

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

I love the way magic is presented in this series, the scene in the tent with the horse was funny and spooky at the same time.

As for Mr. Dinklage, if he doesn't win a brace of awards for his performance as Tyrion then I'll get all huffy and upset.

sonsofgygax.JPG

;)

Not to mention the fact that, at 52, he's spending his nights out drinking with a 22-year-old model.

;)

Thats a Yorkshireman for you. "TIZ BUT A SCRATCH, BACK TO TEH BAR!!!"

And likey too drunk to realize they've been stabbed.

cylon_basestar_eye.gif

I love the way magic is presented in this series, the scene in the tent with the horse was funny and spooky at the same time.

I though it was rather corny compared to how it was portrayed in the book.

In any case, if that kind of magicky stuff works for you, you'll love the rest of the series.