The Witcher 2

if this game doesn't sell twice as much copies as DA2 did, there's no hope for the CRPG.

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

You guys do realise that most online videos run at 30 fps or something - everything looks choppy in them... :blink:

No, there are a lot of videos with noticeable slowdowns in action scenes, and none of the previews so far as hinted at someone running it at 60 fps without dips. Granted, honestly, considering how good it looks, not-optimal performance, as long as not bad, would be okay by me, but that's probably just because the original game makes me expect the worst.

It's also possible that the vid drops frames when the kbps would otherwise spike. But it's just my personal opinion - that one can't make any worthwhile conclusions re frame rate, tearing and maybe slowdowns from most online videos...

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Tip relevant for Australians and other regionally ripped-off customers who still want to buy through GoG without having to pay the local premium at the behest of the scummy local distributor. GoG recently made a change that they'd stop geolocation tracking from your IP. All you need to do is set your location to USA (or somewhere else similarly unencumbered) and you will get the base US price, and when the time comes, presumably the uncensored download (not that that wasn't going to be a zero-day bypass anyway).

EDIT: Yes I was beaten to it in the general news thread I see. :blink:

Edited by Humanoid

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G

SA poster on this:

I have that review. In addition to the review itself being a world exclusive, the issue comes with The Witcher 2 on the cover, a picture of the editor-in-chief photoshopped to look like Geralt, at least 4 pages of TW2 ads, a ****off huge TW2 poster and an exclusive DLC code for TW2 (some alchemy/herbalism goodies). So make of that what you will.

So, as always, for those who are unsure and waiting for review, wait at least until the release date, so you can get a more complete (and less inherently biased) overview. Personally, I already know what I'm looking for in the game, and Buck review reassured me that, yeah, I'll find it there. So pre-buying it today as soon as it unlocks.

Btw, post contains also a more complete summary of that review, in case you're still interested in it. Play time is apparently 24 hours and there are 3 acts + prologue and epilogue. I see it as a good thing, considering that I'm replaying the original to have a save game available for the sequel, and it's really starting to drag in Act IV...

EDIT @Tigranes: According to a poster on the GOG forums, releases on GOG are on 1300 GMT+1, which would be roughly.. 4 hours from now? You'll probably have to pre-buy/pre-load it tomorrow.

Edited by WorstUsernameEver

TW1 was definitely a bit too long. I enjoyed my 2nd playthrough but only because I knew enough to minimise the back-and-forth, especially in the swamp, which can be done with really fast if you do the logistics.

4 hours is midnight, I can wait.. love the early preload as NZ broadband will probably take 3 days to get it. I'm expecting 8gb+.

I'm expecting 8gb+.

It's 16gb.

EDIT: Well, the entire game download anyway.

EDIT2: Uhm, I think there's a chance that poster on GOG got it wrong, but unfortunately tracking the original post from a developer is being difficult. Basically what I got is that the game will be released on 1300 Polish time, but I think Poland is actually in DST right now so it would be actually GMT+2? That would mean it's only roughly 3 hours from now. Maybe someone Polish (like Ausir) can confirm? Of course, this is just based on the fact that they'd let you preload at the same time TW1 was released on GOG (it was released early due to a mistake) so.. Meh. Wouldn't have minded some clearer info/communication from GOG. Sometimes they can still be rather pedestrian.

Edited by WorstUsernameEver

I'm expecting 8gb+.

It's 16gb.

EDIT: Well, the entire game download anyway.

EDIT2: Uhm, I think there's a chance that poster on GOG got it wrong, but unfortunately tracking the original post from a developer is being difficult. Basically what I got is that the game will be released on 1300 Polish time, but I think Poland is actually in DST right now so it would be actually GMT+2? That would mean it's only roughly 3 hours from now. Maybe someone Polish (like Ausir) can confirm? Of course, this is just based on the fact that they'd let you preload at the same time TW1 was released on GOG (it was released early due to a mistake) so.. Meh. Wouldn't have minded some clearer info/communication from GOG. Sometimes they can still be rather pedestrian.

The whole EU has the same daylight saving. 15 minutes now, if your info is correct.

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Still no preload as of now. :lol:

According to Hooked Gamers the game has leaked, but I'm not clear how it happened (since the preload doesn't download all the game and even retail copies, as far as I understand, require a little download to play) and the footage they claim comes from a pirate it's pretty obviously the promotional footage released so far.

As far as I can tell that article is talking ****, a quick look at the torrent sites shows an ISO but no crack, it's interesting to see lots of users trying to persuade others *not* to pirate the game, telling people not to pirate stuff on torrent sites...crazy.

Reading the replies from those who feel entitled to everything under the sun is quite galling, I assume most of them are kids but holy ****, what kind of people are they going to become when they grow up?

*edit* thinking about it, I probably pirated the equivalent of a small nation's economy when I was a kid but still...I wasn't an arse about it.

Edited by WDeranged

Ew, guess I should use the downloader for it. 16gb will take some time, even for my internet connection.

/Edit: GOG says 9,6gb for me and not 16gb. Also I wonder what language this now is. English? More than english? Because I don't need any language except english, huh.

Edited by Lexx

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

Ew, guess I should use the downloader for it. 16gb will take some time, even for my internet connection.

/Edit: GOG says 9,6gb for me and not 16gb. Also I wonder what language this now is. English? More than english? Because I don't need any language except english, huh.

I think there are going to be language packs available day one anyway. I don't know if the version you download defaults in your language or English.

Guest Slinky

Languages: Text and full audio support: English, French, German. Text only: Italian, Spanish. You can set audio and text independently

http://www.gog.com/en/gamecard/the_witcher_2

Wouldn't accept my payment, weird. Either my bank is screwing around or GOG is being bombed by customers.

Edited by Slinky

Languages: Text and full audio support: English, French, German. Text only: Italian, Spanish. You can set audio and text independently

http://www.gog.com/en/gamecard/the_witcher_2

Wouldn't accept my payment, weird. Either my bank is screwing around or GOG is being bombed by customers.

Denied my payment the first time, too. But worked the second.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."