The Witcher 2

How does that free game stuff work? Didn't got any mail or other special stuff.

Preload for me is approx 50% done already. Pretty fast.

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

How does that free game stuff work? Didn't got any mail or other special stuff.

Preload for me is approx 50% done already. Pretty fast.

I assume you received the html email? That one is borked, you have to check the source and grab the links from there. Text emails are fine. They'll send the mails again tomorrow anyway.

Source

The mail worked fine for me in GMail.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Was it some extra e-mail? Just got the normal gog buy mail and the paypal mail, nothing more. But well, if they resend it again tomorrow, it doesn't matter much anyway. The delay will not kill me.

Edited by Lexx

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

It was "This is your order summary"

"Hi Taleroth, thanks for your order!"

"The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings CD-Key"

"1 of 5 GOG.com classic RPG's for free"

All as one e-mail.

Was it some extra e-mail? Just got the normal gog buy mail and the paypal mail, nothing more. But well, if they resend it again tomorrow, it doesn't matter much anyway. The delay will not kill me.

I get the feeling you haven't read what I wrote? You can already see that info if you check the source (or, in Gmail's case you can simply choose the "the text of this mail is garbled" or a similarly worded option to see the text version).

Us 'mericans may be different, since our e-mail doesn't also include those rebate credits.

I get the feeling you haven't read what I wrote? You can already see that info if you check the source (or, in Gmail's case you can simply choose the "the text of this mail is garbled" or a similarly worded option to see the text version).

Well, just saw the first blue colored post in that thread when it was posted some hours ago. The order summary mail looks like always, so I assumed they send out some extra stuff and don't put it into the same mail.

/Edit: Even if I take the link from the mail source, there seems to be some error.

Edited by Lexx

Woohoo. Got Divine Divinity. Download's going at over 1000KB/s, which is as fast as can be in my crappy NZ connection.

Good times.

I picked Gothic II Gold. Never tried any of the 5 games up for grabs, so it was a bit of a hard choice.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

I played G2 for the first time earlier in the year and it was excellent for a good few 20-30 hours in the first half, then like all PB games, devolve into linear battles for the last chapters. On the other hand, I remember trying Divine Divinity and never getting out of the first area, feeling a bit like a clunky mediocre action RPG - only getting back into it because I enjoyed Div2 and already have G2 / Realms of Arkania pack.

But yeah, downloading was insane, got 9gb in about 3 hours.

Gothic 2 is well done and the expension fits very well into the game. It's one of the best expansion designed for the game since it changes many small things all along the game.

Divinity is also a good game but with a slow beginning : you begin in a village and have to go through a pretty long dungeon below the village first before enjoying the whole world. But at the moment you go out from the village, it begins to be much more interesting.

Finished Witcher 2 preloading with ninja-speed. So what am I supposed to do now until it gets released next week? :>

Finished my preload too. A steady 2000kb/s and about an hour and a half. I don't think I've ever downloaded anything this big so fast. :sorcerer:

Picked Gothic 2, Baldurs gate 2 and Temple of Elemental Evil as the bonuses.

And about ToEE... What am I to expect? Is it any good, all I know about it is what the GoG page tells and some hearsay from here and there? And as a Troika game, does it need community patches - and if yes, where can I get those?

Edited by Undecaf

Perkele, tiädäksää tuanoini!

"It's easier to tolerate idiots if you do not consider them as stupid people, but exceptionally gifted monkeys."

You people are making me semi-seriously consider placing the GoG order alongside my CE. Evil! This after I blow a couple hundred bucks on Amazon UK too, free shipping is a seductive temptress.

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G

Got the order summary mail again, this time in working condition. Just saying.

Edited by Lexx

And about ToEE... What am I to expect? Is it any good, all I know about it is what the GoG page tells and some hearsay from here and there? And as a Troika game, does it need community patches - and if yes, where can I get those?

it's flippin' amazing. if you liked Icewind Dale, you'll love ToEE. the beginning is a bit slow, but once your party levels up a couple of times, you won't stop until the game's over.

you do need community patches. google "Circle of 8" or "Co8". it fixes a lot of issues, making the game a bit harder in the process. they're not mandatory, but a lot of people have issues with the game without them, so to be on the safe side install them

Edited by sorophx
Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

I loved IWD and I found ToEE to be atrocious. It looks nice and combat mechanics are good. Everything else is horrendous. The writing is terrible, the quests are simplistic and boring, encounter design is uninspired, but worst of all is the voice acting.

And it's buggy, but so are most RPGs so that can be forgiven.