The Witcher 2

i thought ToEE was about as good as icewind dale 1. i played it, somewhat enjoyed it, and then put it on the shelf.

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

I'm in Spider's camp. IWD was great, I wanted to like TOEE but, at least nearer the time of releaes, it had such bad production values at every level - UI, responsiveness, controls, etc - and the story/quests/dialogue is gutter, which defeats the point of Troika making it.

who cares about the story. I still don't know what the hell IWD was about, I skipped all the dialogue.

but the combat in ToEE... man, it's good, I don't remember how the encounters played out in IWD, but ToEE's are as good if not better than IWD 2's

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

Guest Slinky

Is there a timelimit for those 5.99$ and 9.99$ vouchers? I don't think there's anything in GOG currently I'd like to buy.

Choosed Divine Divinity for free game, probably will never play it. Thought about Gothic 2 but the weird control system would just drive me bonkers.

I chose Realms of Arkania 3, as I've only played the first two games and never picked up the third.

With the bonus codes, I've bought The Last Express and Sanitarium as I wanted to play the first already since I saw an advert of it in a very old pc magazine many many years ago... and the second looked just interesting.

/Edit: Just noticed that I have 21 GOG games now.

Edited by Lexx

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

And about ToEE... What am I to expect? Is it any good, all I know about it is what the GoG page tells and some hearsay from here and there? And as a Troika game, does it need community patches - and if yes, where can I get those?

it's flippin' amazing. if you liked Icewind Dale, you'll love ToEE. the beginning is a bit slow, but once your party levels up a couple of times, you won't stop until the game's over.

you do need community patches. google "Circle of 8" or "Co8". it fixes a lot of issues, making the game a bit harder in the process. they're not mandatory, but a lot of people have issues with the game without them, so to be on the safe side install them

IWD was decent. Not a major incline, but I didn't get bored with it. If ToEE is about as good otherwise, I think the TB combat (of which I've heard good things about) can compensate a bit for the lack of writing other people have mentioned as being bad. Thanks for the tip, I'll get the Co8 and see what it does.

Perkele, tiädäksää tuanoini!

"It's easier to tolerate idiots if you do not consider them as stupid people, but exceptionally gifted monkeys."

Witcher II is (sadly) leaked already.

Last time that was claimed, it wasn't a working leak.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

No, it seems fake looking closer. Sorry.^^

S'alright, don't worry, happens to everyone. Glad it hasn't been leaked, though, despite what qualms I may have with their marketing strategies and the fact they didn't maintain all their promises about The Witcher 2's DRM-free stance, if there's a company that doesn't deserve that (not that there is on that does, but still, you get what I'm saying) it's CDPR.

No, it seems fake looking closer. Sorry.^^

S'alright, don't worry, happens to everyone. Glad it hasn't been leaked, though, despite what qualms I may have with their marketing strategies and the fact they didn't maintain all their promises about The Witcher 2's DRM-free stance, if there's a company that doesn't deserve that (not that there is on that does, but still, you get what I'm saying) it's CDPR.

The game itself apparently got leaked (russian version) but I think it has some sort of protection till release.

I agree though.

Edited by C2B

pirates don't give a damn about anyone but themselves, they wouldn't care if they were pirating from cdprojekt or from activision its all "free stuff!!1!" to them anyway.

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

Hm, I'd say it'd be out 2-3 days before the release.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

pirates don't give a damn about anyone but themselves, they wouldn't care if they were pirating from cdprojekt or from activision its all "free stuff!!1!" to them anyway.

Not true. Pirates are poor, misunderstood waifs that are forced to steal due to the high price of games. They are acually doing the company a favor by providing a free demo of the game which they will all pay for after they determine its worth. Duh.

This thread is now about piracy.

I can't wait for On Stranger Tides. It seems a bit of a cash-in, but:

1) Johnny Depp has been somewhat strict about his roles. This is the only character he's ever played more than once.

2) It's based on the source material for both Pirates of the Carribean and Monkey Island.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Just pre-ordered the CE. Can't wait.

Hasn't PoTC and MI always been anyways?

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

Not true. Pirates are poor, misunderstood waifs that are forced to steal due to the high price of games. They are acually doing the company a favor by providing a free demo of the game which they will all pay for after they determine its worth. Duh.

I knew I forgot to dust the pulpit.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

im going to get to GoG version, but in a few weeks, not now. too busy.

I knew I forgot to dust the pulpit.

No pulpit here. I just enjoy throwing ridiculously stupid justifications back in peoples faces.

No pulpit here. I just enjoy throwing ridiculously stupid justifications back in peoples faces.

Who threw it in the first place here ?