RANDOM VIDEO GAME NEWS THREAD!

Gorth

If it's Coop and can be alternatively played with an AI, I'm okay.

oh? afaik Resident Evil 5 can't be really enjoyed without a human companion. AI Sheva is the dumbest of them all, or so I've heard :thumbsup: and Left4Dead isn't the best of examples either

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

If it's Coop and can be alternatively played with an AI, I'm okay.

oh? afaik Resident Evil 5 can't be really enjoyed without a human companion. AI Sheva is the dumbest of them all, or so I've heard :thumbsup: and Left4Dead isn't the best of examples either

I did enjoy RE5 SP very much, I had no problem with Shevas AI.

L4D is a multiplayer tailored game, so duh.

L4D is a multiplayer tailored game

but it has a single-player mode, which sucks. so I'm trying to imagine HL3 made as L4D, and nothing good is coming out of it :thumbsup:

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

i bet any multiplayer in HL3 is going to be a 2-4 hour extra side mission thing.

it will augment the single player game, not replace it.

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

But this contradicts with what was written in that one article. It was said that Portal 2 might have been the last game with extra singleplayer mode, so this would mean that the next game might have coop right in the singleplayer campaign.

I hate this focus on mp. In most cases, mp is just boring / annoying / without any real atmosphere.

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

I did enjoy RE5 SP very much, I had no problem with Shevas AI.

I always wondered what the hell people were doing that they had such a problem with her. In my three playthroughs I had no problems.

As for cutscenes, I prefer actual cutscenes I can skip to the you-are-the-cameraman-sometimes-interactive-always-unskipabble-"cutscenes".

I for one thinks it's a shame that more games aren't coop or has coop as a feature. I'm cool with playing on my own, but if I have to have an AI character next to me all the game - why not allow this character to be played by a friend.

Fortune favors the bald.

Cover system to boot.

Possibly the worst idea ever, or at least close to DA2's "let's just use these 8 areas a dozen times over, they won't notice", at any rate.

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

As for cutscenes, I prefer actual cutscenes I can skip to the you-are-the-cameraman-sometimes-interactive-always-unskipabble-"cutscenes".

The problem in either is overindulgence. I tend to find cutscenes favor indulgence over controllable sequences. They'll do cutscene because they think it's awesome and expect you to think it's awesome.

Edited by Tale
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Looking at the screens, I'll guess the player starts out in NY, finds out something horrible about what the bad dudes are doing, just to follows them then to S

Edited by Lexx

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

Looking at the screens, I'll guess the player starts out in NY, finds out something horrible about what the bad dudes are doing, just to follows them then to S
I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

by making all of the missions take place during night time?

oh, and don't forget the constant rain

Edited by sorophx
Walsingham said:

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Max is working as private security in Brazil, I think. The Edge did a preview in this month's issue and apparently is very promising (surprise). At least the same VA is doing Max's voice, I'd thought they'd changed it.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

"city of god"

not exactly noir, but not exactly bikini girls and beaches either.

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.