Dragon Age 2

Darque

Obsidian Computer and Console board is like tranquil little village. No much happens but at least everyone are super polite :ermm:

Whose the village idiot then? :lol:

Dunno, but we have a troll living under our bridge.

We have our own bridge? Awesome. Is that what spurred the thread about euthanizing homeless people?

That and the hippies living outside our home.

Seriously this is what I love about the Obsidian forums. The threads like this one, the quirky personalities, brains and good humor. We are small enough to care when one of our own passes away, to have a sense of community. Which is a stark contrast to the flood in the BioBoards where a single good Idea is lost in a sea of crap.

Edited by Orogun01
I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

1. Expect DA2 because that is exactly what you get.

2. No.

1. But it's probably not going to be like DA:O is it, it'll be different enough that yeah, I don't think its easy to predict how it will be.

2. While BIO have released games under EA, this will be the first which will have done so from pre-production to release under EA.

"Whose the village idiot then?"

Well.. the obvious 'haha' answer will likely be me since it's such an easy cop out since nobody gets offended and I just chuckle at stuff like that.

You're a tool, not an idiot this was established several pages back.

"Obsidian Computer and Console board is like tranquil little village. No much happens but at least everyone are super polite"

No, no it isn't. Obsidian forums is no better than the Codex when it comes to 'politeness'. the only difference is the moderating here is more heavy handed.

People tend to respect the moderators here.

I imagine you get treat the same no matter the forum.

"what is scary is that these boards are "super polite" when compared to the rest of the internet."

It isn't. Only arrogant full of themselves Obsidianites actually believe that nonsense. It is no better or worse than other internet forums. Let's not be delusional.

No, it's just the world treats you with contempt.

That said Volo, as much of a **** as I am to you, I don't actually dislike you, I've been associated with your e-persona, and other on here for so long, that I think we all know what to expect from each other... Some of it is habit.

I came up with Crate 3.0 technology. 

Crate 4.0 - we shall just have to wait and see.

Down and out on the Solomani Rim
Now the Spinward Marches don't look so GRIM!

"Volo, you're so marvelously full of yourself"

Read Nightshape's post a page or two back. If I'm 'full of myself' there's a reason why. You build someone up, they are gonna act like it. R00fles!

"People tend to respect the moderators here."

Only b/c they ahve no choice or they'd get banned.

"I imagine you get treat the same no matter the forum."

I get treated the same as everyone else. Not worried about foolish internet geeks treat me.

"No, it's just the world treats you with contempt."

Thje world? I woudlw ager that 'world' doesn't give a crap about me, you, or this baord so i doubt the 'world' has time to feel anything for me contept or otherwise. Are you trying to boost my ego as to suggest the 'world' even knows who the hell i am?

"That said Volo, as much of a **** as I am to you, I don't actually dislike you, "

What a lair. At least own the truth. Why such a coward?

"I've been associated with your e-persona, and other on here for so long, that I think we all know what to expect from each other... Some of it is habit."

I don't excpect anything from internet geek strangers that mean nothing. I'm not here for you. I'm here for Obsidian, and general discussion of games. Perhaps, youf ocus too much on internet geeks. Stick with the topics at hand. That's wrong with the internet. So full of people who think theya ctually matter. No, you don't. i don't either. DS3, AP, FO3, DA2, ME3, TW, etc. THOSE matter.

Edited by Volourn

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Let's move on from Volo: The Psychological Dissection, shall we?

Yes lets... I'm interested in what he has to say in response to my comments which were on topic.

I came up with Crate 3.0 technology. 

Crate 4.0 - we shall just have to wait and see.

Down and out on the Solomani Rim
Now the Spinward Marches don't look so GRIM!

Let's move on from Volo: The Psychological Dissection, shall we?

I would really like to make that thread.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

"Whose the village idiot then?"

Well.. the obvious 'haha' answer will likely be me since it's such an easy cop out since nobody gets offended and I just chuckle at stuff like that.

village_idiot.gif

Or is it pretty princess now?

Anyway, I haven't been following DA2 development. Is there going to be actual combat in there somewhere this time around or will I still be able to go make me a sandwich every time there's a fight? If it has a comparable amount of filler combat to DAO, my figure is going to be so ruined! :lol: (read: won't bother with it either)

Edited by 213374U

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

Popularity breeds mediocrity, if that makes me an elitist backwoodsman then meh, mea culpa. Bioware is the living embodiment of that. The fanbase they've picked up buys their games in gazillions... what else do they need to worry about?

I joined this board just for the pretentiousness.

Now, when is that demo coming out? I want to scoff at it.

Everything was beautiful. Nothing hurt.

Popularity breeds mediocrity, if that makes me an elitist backwoodsman then meh, mea culpa. Bioware is the living embodiment of that. The fanbase they've picked up buys their games in gazillions... what else do they need to worry about?

I joined this board just for the pretentiousness.

Now, when is that demo coming out? I want to scoff at it.

22nd, next tuesday

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Obsidian Computer and Console board is like tranquil little village. No much happens but at least everyone are super polite :lol:

Whose the village idiot then? :shifty:

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Obsidian Computer and Console board is like tranquil little village. No much happens but at least everyone are super polite :shifty:

Whose the village idiot then? :p

Dunno, but we have a troll living under our bridge.

I may end up looking like a freak in the end. But that's going in my sig since that was a very interesting way of putting it.

deicideLogo5.jpg

The good:

-Speaking protagonist = lipsync and actual facial expressions = Baziollion times better than the blank-staring moron in DA

-The face-indicators in dialog options should help. Hopefully no something completely unexpected responses

As I understand it, the story spans ten years and the discussion with Cassandra is right after the end of that period.

Edit: Actually, scratch that.

Edited by Maria Caliban

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.

The bad:

-I really don't like how the new darkspawn look like

-If there isn't shortcuts to abilities and others, like there weren't in ME2...

-agree with first

-the list on the bottom? All there, aren't they? :*

Based on my experience with the older convention demo, looks like the player was indeed buttonmashing.

Edit: looks like even with the icons, the system is a bit difficult for some. :p

Edited by Nepenthe

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

@Virumor; Something like that, there is a distinct lack of weight in the conversation. The first sequence with the dwarf is better.

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

-If there isn't shortcuts to abilities and others, like there weren't in ME2...

I am failing to parse this.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Wow, I'm really going to miss the fully-zoomed-out view. I guess I got used to the perspective used in the KotORs, so I can get used to it here.

And there is still a tactical pause function where you can issue orders, right? It's so weird to me to see someone controlling a fight like that without pausing every 3 seconds.