Dragon Age 2

Darque

"obsidian boards community is perhaps small enough to avoid such nonsense..."

Simply not true. Have you taken a gander at the AP forums? Or KOTOR2? It shouldm also be pointed out that some of Obsidian games don't even have forums here. Obsidian fanboys are no more or elss tyoelrant of other opinions than other boards. That's a fact jack and don't look back.

then perhaps all credit should instead go to Gromnir. the boards we do not frequent is "elss tyoelrant." no?

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

All hail Gromnir, the drunken barbarian pirate!

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

one of BIO's best source of customers are the same internet geeks found here and at the Codex who trash them yet buy/play their games anyways.

you keep repeating this statement, but I just can't see your reasoning :ermm: from where I'm standing their biggest audience are schoolkids and teenage girls

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

"obsidian boards community is perhaps small enough to avoid such nonsense..."

Simply not true. Have you taken a gander at the AP forums? Or KOTOR2? It shouldm also be pointed out that some of Obsidian games don't even have forums here. Obsidian fanboys are no more or elss tyoelrant of other opinions than other boards. That's a fact jack and don't look back.

then perhaps all credit should instead go to Gromnir. the boards we do not frequent is "elss tyoelrant." no?

HA! Good Fun!

The AP crowd get fiesty... I went in once or twice to complain about some mistakes that Obsidian had clearly made in regards to texture compression, and terrible art direction. They didn't listen, they just foamed at the mouth.

I came up with Crate 3.0 technology. 

Crate 4.0 - we shall just have to wait and see.

Down and out on the Solomani Rim
Now the Spinward Marches don't look so GRIM!

whoa whoa whoa, i never go into the other areas of the forum but are the people there different than the people here? thats too weird. That's like finding out that there is a pack of hippies living in your garage, and they have been there for like two years and you just now noticed.

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

"then perhaps all credit should instead go to Gromnir. the boards we do not frequent is "elss tyoelrant." no?"

Perhaps. Test that theory by going to the AP forum and posting a legit complaint of yours abotut he game 9assuming you played it). GL, mon ami. then we'll see how tyoelrant you think these boards are. R00fles!

"you keep repeating this statement, but I just can't see your reasoning from where I'm standing their biggest audience are schoolkids and teenage girls"

Are you claiming that the Codex and Obsidian forums are full of schoolkids and teenage girls (which is kinda odd tha you seperate those two groups since I would wager *most* teenage girls are schoolkids....)?

I have little doubt the majority of BIO gamers are 18+ since the vast majority of gamers are adults, and miost kiddies tend to stick with the Mario/kiddie console known as PeePee.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

The AP crowd get fiesty... I went in once or twice to complain about some mistakes that Obsidian had clearly made in regards to texture compression, and terrible art direction. They didn't listen, they just foamed at the mouth.

That's just because "the art direction, my dears, is teerrrible" is the elitist backwoodsman (points to Monty for coining that) way of saying "IT LOOKS LIKE ****!". The latter one is a legitimate opinion. The first one is equivalent to opening the snuffbox, sniffing some of the stuff in and sneering at what you perceive to be an unwashed peasant. :ermm:

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

That's just because "the art direction, my dears, is teerrrible" is the elitist backwoodsman (points to Monty for coining that) way of saying "IT LOOKS LIKE ****!". The latter one is a legitimate opinion. The first one is equivalent to opening the snuffbox, sniffing some of the stuff in and sneering at what you perceive to be an unwashed peasant. :ermm:

Well I did say that "Yellow isn't an Art Direction, Yellow is s***", but I made comments in regards to how the art was poor, and how certain art direction choices just resulted in terrible clashes of colour, and generally that it didn't really seem like they had an art director at all. Even the baked lighting seemed to be poorly implemented, just general bad art execution and direction.

AP from an art perspective is all kinds of ugly, but that doesn't mean the games all bad. I mean seriously though, to have the unreal engine, and to make something so poor looking is sad, but hey... Atleast they've shipped.

Well I did say that "Yellow isn't an Art Direction, Yellow is s***", but I made comments in regards to how the art was poor, and how certain art direction choices just resulted in terrible clashes of colour, and generally that it didn't really seem like they had an art director at all. Even the baked lighting seemed to be poorly implemented, just general bad art execution and direction.

... I rest my case. :ermm:

Obsidian's art direction is quite good because everything looks like what it's supposed to be, as opposed to Bioware for example, where everything looks like either a parking garage or a shopping mall, even when it's supposed to be the cradle of a mysterious and ancient alien civilization.

"Moral indignation is a standard strategy for endowing the idiot with dignity." Marshall McLuhan

alas, we never did get around to playing ap. we were both intrigued and concerned 'bout the development, so we decided to wait for release and reviews. the reviews were less than stellar, and the reports o' bugginess were enough to discourage us from an initial purchase. eventual we will get around to playing ap.

back to da2, 'cause this thread will be censored if we does not return to the titular topic...

so the rules is gonna remain nebulous so that we not have an idea 'bout what abilities modify which powers and to what degree. we also know that bioware decided to make da rogues more special by taking talents away from the warrior class. in addition, it has been revealed that Gaider thinks very little of the female fans o' da as he has made fenris(sp?) a romancable character.

am forgetting what our question were.

oh yeah, how long do you thinks it will be before da2 hits the bargain bin?

on a more serious note, am expecting that many questions will be answered with the release o' the demo.

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

Oh please, you don't expect me to do an indepth analysis... I just genuinely can't be bothered. I'd have to go off and study the game closely to pull out all the flaws in the texture art, the lighting, and the shadows.

Its as much to do with colour balance, colour space, and how that is effected by compression, coupled with the lighting, and pre-baked shadows, it just doesn't sit well, it's a ropey job in a technical sense, and that concerns me.

Its a pretty shabby effort though... I'm not even speaking subjectively here, I'm speaking purely in a prefessional sense. They did a bad job and did the art for about 25p.

Oh please, you don't expect me to do an indepth analysis...

Of course not, I just had this very clear picture of you brandishing the snuff box when you wrote the earlier message. :lol:

But, enough of messing with Nightshapely. I have no idea what to expect from DA2, I think that in a lot of ways it's going to be the first "real" post-EA acquisition game from Bio. Relatively short dev cycle, etc. Interesting to see what the result is, and does it feel like less of a grind than DAO did.

Edited by Nepenthe

(1) so the rules is gonna remain nebulous so that we not have an idea 'bout what abilities modify which powers and to what degree.

(2) we also know that bioware decided to make da rogues more special by taking talents away from the warrior class.

(1) Just curious, how would you write the description of the Arrow of Slaying in a way that can be easily modified for every other power?

(2) I can't see it. They already did it with the Lockpicking skill, that only the rogues could take and I thought was obviously done so that people would consider playing rogues. Second, the skill that enabled Rogues to use cunning as their damage modifier made them into the absolute damage dealer, warriors could never hope to live up to that!

hahaha

awesome.

if you is a femhawke how many femcharacters can u romanse?

edit: hmm... i need to work on my timing.

Edited by entrerix

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

isabelakissl.gif

Suck it, haters.

Oh yeah !

It's weird that polite poster like Gromnir would get banned forever from Bioware boards while I have only been banned once because I quoted their Dragon Age adds that featured one of the censored words. Or was it Deadwood quote.. can't recall. Yeah, Bioware boards since at least 2005 have high signal to noise ratio but it's bizzare how active the developers are in there. You'd think someone like Gaider would have better things to do when post several long replies to haters and fanbois and fangurls.

Bioware boards are like opposite of the Codex... that means both extremes are bad :lol:

Obsidian Computer and Console board is like tranquil little village. No much happens but at least everyone are super polite :ermm:

Let's play Alpha Protocol

My misadventures on youtube.

what is scary is that these boards are "super polite" when compared to the rest of the internet.

bunch of savages in this town (the internet) man...

Obsidian Computer and Console board is like tranquil little village. No much happens but at least everyone are super polite :ermm:

Whose the village idiot then? :lol:

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

"I have no idea what to expect from DA2, I think that in a lot of ways it's going to be the first "real" post-EA acquisition game from Bio."

1. Expect DA2 because that is exactly what you get.

2. No.

"Whose the village idiot then?"

Well.. the obvious 'haha' answer will likely be me since it's such an easy cop out since nobody gets offended and I just chuckle at stuff like that.

"Obsidian Computer and Console board is like tranquil little village. No much happens but at least everyone are super polite"

No, no it isn't. Obsidian forums is no better than the Codex when it comes to 'politeness'. the only difference is the moderating here is more heavy handed.

"what is scary is that these boards are "super polite" when compared to the rest of the internet."

It isn't. Only arrogant full of themselves Obsidianites actually believe that nonsense. It is no better or worse than other internet forums. Let's not be delusional.

Edited by Volourn

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Dunno, but we have a troll living under our bridge.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

"Whose the village idiot then?"

Well.. the obvious 'haha' answer will likely be me

Volo, you're so marvelously full of yourself :ermm:

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

Dunno, but we have a troll living under our bridge.

We have our own bridge? Awesome. Is that what spurred the thread about euthanizing homeless people?