Dragon Age 2

Darque

that first part is supposed to be very easy. he did pause the game once though :p

but that wasn't the whole demo, was it?

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

It shouldn't be. We're getting that segment, then it skips forward so we can do the quest for Isabela. Or that's what I've gathered.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

-If there isn't shortcuts to abilities and others, like there weren't in ME2...

I am failing to parse this.

I mean keyboard shortcuts for those character stats, abilities and resistance -screens. I didn't like how you needed to go first to menu to open the character page in ME2, me want shortcuts!

Looks pretty awful.

"The universe is a yawning chasm, filled with emptiness and the puerile meanderings of sentience..." - Ulyaoth

"It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built." - Kreia

"I thought this forum was for Speculation & Discussion, not Speculation & Calling People Trolls." - lord of flies

That gameplay vid reminds me of Dungeon Siege 3, with less flashy things >_< . Good to see that two-handed weapons are made for crowd damage this time. It looks like dual-wielding is now specific to the rogues? I didn't see it in the list of skills.

(1) -I really don't like how the new darkspawn look like

(2) -Combat. I wasn't sure was the player smashing buttons or not. Looked a bit too ADHD to me still. And the exaggerated combat in the beginning was both horrible and hilarious :p

(1) Same here.

(2) The player is definitely smashing buttons or clicking in rhythm, for what I've seen.

Voice acting sounds way off. Everyone sounds as if they're in Pride & Prejudice rather than running/fighting for their lives.

The dwarf sounded fine. But Woman!Hawke has an Orlesian accent. That's not good.

I don't think anyone likes the new look of Darkspawn. Ogres are especially bad and the reasoning for their downgrade is lost on me.

Unless this is some sort of framed narrative effect and it's representing that Varric's never seen Darkspawn, so he has no clue what they look like. But that seems strained.

Edited by Tale

Update, the previously displayed demo from youtube is not the demo we're getting on the 22nd. The youtube video is of a convention demo.

Also, what exactly are Rogue-Hawke's dual-weilded... things? They look more like the blade from my food processor than they do any practical weapon. (And, given how often I cut myself on that blade just trying to clean it, the giant version is not something I'd be eager to pick up and swing around.) Between that and the silly-big greatsword the Warrior swings about as if it were made of bamboo, it's going to be tough for me not to pick the "play as mage" option.

So, humorous hero names? "Mike Hawke" is overplayed. But Bio did a pretty good job picking a last name that is somewhat resistant to mockery outside of that and the rather lame ornithological options (Sharp-shinned Hawke, Red-tailed Hawke, Sparrow Hawke, etc.). An axe-wielding warrior named "Tomma Hawke"? Weak. "Pierce-Eye Hawke" is probably the most marginally clever one I can come up with, but I don't particularly want to play a wisecracking spirit healer.

Also, what exactly are Rogue-Hawke's dual-weilded... things?

they looked like that chinese (?) weapon I can't remember the name of. like Kabal's wielding, from Mortal Kombat 3

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

Hook swords (Shuang Gou)?

I don't think they look like that. I more thought smaller one handled Batleth (those Klingon weapons).

Part 3 of 5.

Apparently Bioware asked him not to upload anymore, so do not expect 4 and 5.

I more thought smaller one handled Batleth (those Klingon weapons).

haha, that could be true actually, BioWare is the Nerdland after all >_<

Walsingham said:

I won't even bother watch the videos. The girlfriend has the game already on pre-order for the PS3, so i'll check it out by then.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

the combat looks bland and unsatisfying, but there arent any bioware games with combat that I love, so as long as the story is interesting and the characters amusing then I'll like the game well enough.

If the weapons are better balanced this time (ie greatswords serve a purpose) then the game might be more fun to replay using a different style, and if there really is as much C&C as they are making it look like then maybe I'll actually finish a second playthrough

(i never could finish a second playthrough of Origins, too many boring fights)

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

If the weapons are better balanced this time (ie greatswords serve a purpose) then the game might be more fun to replay using a different style, and if there really is as much C&C as they are making it look like then maybe I'll actually finish a second playthrough

Greatswords are now used to hurt multiple opponents, as they should be, so yeah, I think they're pretty much useful now.

i have to say, i really like that change so that more than just mages can perform some crowd control.

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

well, now you have a mass-damage ability for all three classes

Walsingham said:

"I'm outta here."

Good riddance. Now, I just wish all the other anti BIO/DA people would exit stage right of all DA threads and go play their precious APs and FO3s. :x:sorcerer::x

AS for the demo, I don't need it since I already preorder the game. As long as it is better than KOTOR (overrated wannabe ME or Sonic RPG: The Joke Game), I'm sure I'll enjoy it just fine. :thumbsup:

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

KOTOR overrated wannabe ME

didn't KOTOR come out before ME, so ME would be wannabe KOTOR? :sorcerer:

oh, wai... I see what you did there :thumbsup:

Walsingham said:

You know what... FemHawke's voice sucks, while Male Hawke's renegade voice is awesome. She speaks as if she's sipping tea in a Victorian boudoir. Not to mention those sarcastic lines are completely out-of-place. Guess it's poetic justice after all the Mark Meer bashing.

Couldn't BioWare have hired Keeley Hawes, the voice actress of Lara Croft? At least she manages to sound badass & classy at the same time, without sounding like a snob.

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

She speaks as if she's sipping tea in a Victorian boudoir.

How is this a bad thing? I am at a loss.

Next you'll be saying "You know what sucks? Rock concerts held on the back of dragons in flight."

Eh, looks ok. Will be a good way to kill time in March anyway.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra