Crysis 2 pirated

Serrano

people keep repeating "pirates stole". pirates didn't steal anything, some idiot employee did.

If you upload a copy of a video game to the net so others can download it without paying, you're involved in video game piracy. Being an employee of the developer or publisher doesn't make it not piracy.

EA should pay more attention to whom they grant access to important information.

If you steal from your employer, it's your employers fault. It's not fair publishers don't trust us and treat us like criminals with their invasive DRM schemes, but how can they be expected to trust gamers when apparently they aren't expected to trust their employees? lol gamers and their rationalisations.

sure. they probably have a deal with Nvidia as Crysis was never about gameplay but about selling graphic cards. And there will be plenty of suckers who'll buy new high end cards just to be able to say the can play it at high settings.

1.13 killed off Ja2.

sure. they probably have a deal with Nvidia as Crysis was never about gameplay but about selling graphic cards. And there will be plenty of suckers who'll buy new high end cards just to be able to say the can play it at high settings.

And now they obviously have a deal with Microsoft and Sony, meaning they're swimming in money. And as everyone knows it's okay to steal from rich companies, especially if they sell overpriced ice-cream. Besides, it's not really stealing because you wouldn't have bought it anyway.

Its just a nightly build, not the source code or anything. I doubt the people who were planning on buying the game are gonna go "Oh, guess Ill cancel my preorder and just play this bug-riddled mess right now instead!"

That's what I would do if I had a good enough computer, even if just for the campaign.

wait you're saying that if you had a good enough computer you WOULD steal crysis 2?

Piracy isn't stealing. It's like borrowing.

:sorcerer:

Just how many games did you borrow this year so far?

And now they obviously have a deal with Microsoft and Sony, meaning they're swimming in money. And as everyone knows it's okay to steal from rich companies, especially if they sell overpriced ice-cream. Besides, it's not really stealing because you wouldn't have bought it anyway.

:lol::sorcerer:

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Have to chuckle at this bit from the release - "Just keep in mind that this is BETA copy, so if you see something weird or unusual in game

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

If you look at the figures and go "If a million people pirate our game, thats a loss of one million copies" you're counting like a small child. The fact is that something like 95-99% of the people who downloaded the game would just have not bought it, if it wasnt available as a pirate download. But sure, missing out on 10-50,000 copies isnt pleasant. Though its lot like you can do anything about it, I dont like getting older but theres nothing I can do about that, is there? Its just something you have to accept and move on.

I do agree with the sentinment at the heart of your comment, but I don't agree with using actual figures for it since there are'nt that many accurate surveys done. But saying that each download is a lost sale is bollocks, many "pirates" would'nt have bought the game in the first place, some are swayed by the download and buy it, and a bunch buy the game and then download it.

people keep repeating "pirates stole". pirates didn't steal anything, some idiot employee did.

If you upload a copy of a video game to the net so others can download it without paying, you're involved in video game piracy. Being an employee of the developer or publisher doesn't make it not piracy.

EA should pay more attention to whom they grant access to important information.

If you steal from your employer, it's your employers fault. It's not fair publishers don't trust us and treat us like criminals with their invasive DRM schemes, but how can they be expected to trust gamers when apparently they aren't expected to trust their employees? lol gamers and their rationalisations.

There is a difference, subtle as it may be, between pirating a copy of a game and leaking a copy of a nearly finished game.

I don't see this event really hurting crytek too much, if they bring a good product people will buy it - if not - they'll blame pirates again and not step up and say "We do really great graphics engines but worthless games, we should've expected this".

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

That is a good question, something I'd like to know myself. Is it some kind of decryption key for the gamefiles or some key for the DRM?

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

There is a difference, subtle as it may be, between pirating a copy of a game and leaking a copy of a nearly finished game.

Too subtle to claim that this is "not much to do with piracy really". Once it's on the net it doesn't really matter how it got there*. The game has been pirated many times over by now.

*Although a copy that has no protection is certainly worse than a copy that has yet to be cracked. Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory, for example, was available to download long before it was ever cracked.

Too subtle to claim that this is "not much to do with piracy really". Once it's on the net it doesn't really matter how it got there*. The game has been pirated many times over by now.

*Although a copy that has no protection is certainly worse than a copy that has yet to be cracked. Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory, for example, was available to download long before it was ever cracked.

That splinter cell had the most evil DRM of all, just like Prince TT.

1.13 killed off Ja2.

That splinter cell had the most evil DRM of all, just like Prince TT.

What was the issue? I have SCCT on PC and never had any problems with it.

I know that a lot the hacker teams wait at least a week to release it so that the game may have it's sales. Don't know how much help it is :sorcerer:

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

After falling into the hardware upgrade trap with Crysis and getting a badly optimised game that struggled to reach 30fps on mostly medium/high settings I find myself realising how little I care about what happens to Crytek, not that I think this will damage them in the long run, they're Nvidia's big golden bollocks.

The people who failed were the ones who went "OMFGz0rz you need a million dollar PC to play Crysis!!". I could play it 1920x1200 on a mediocre budget PC, no problem. It was quite well optimized, you just couldnt run it on the crazy-ass ultrahigh setting. There was also an issue where the hit detection is FPS-dependant so if you had your setting too high, you had to blast half a mag into every enemy to kill em, while it took 3-4 shots if you had +30 FPS

It was a top-notch FPS and Im getting the sequel. Loads of crazy jumping out of boats falling off cliffs and blowing stuff up.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

Warhead was actually MUCH better optimized than the original.

As to the pirate issue, I think some of that might go down if they actually started putting out highly public demos for their products rather than simply saying "Here's a 60 buck game, take our word and the word of those reviewers that it's good".

Also, I think it was a newsweek article mentioned that sometimes the anti-piracy measures cause more piracy than they do prevent it. Of course they were referring mainly to books in the article but it carries over (they were talking about how blind people end up pirating what they already own simply so that they can actually read what they purchased by sending it through a text to speak system, rather than having to either have somebody else read it or purchase the 8 volume 20 lb braile version, because anti-piracy measures wouldn't allow the digital book to be "read" by text-to-speech.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Warhead was actually MUCH better optimized than the original.

As to the pirate issue, I think some of that might go down if they actually started putting out highly public demos for their products rather than simply saying "Here's a 60 buck game, take our word and the word of those reviewers that it's good".

Also, I think it was a newsweek article mentioned that sometimes the anti-piracy measures cause more piracy than they do prevent it. Of course they were referring mainly to books in the article but it carries over (they were talking about how blind people end up pirating what they already own simply so that they can actually read what they purchased by sending it through a text to speak system, rather than having to either have somebody else read it or purchase the 8 volume 20 lb braile version, because anti-piracy measures wouldn't allow the digital book to be "read" by text-to-speech.

Actually, a lot of people think that this hack was a reaction to Crytek not releasing a PC demo.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif