RANDOM VIDEO GAME NEWS THREAD!

Relic is closing the Company of Heroes Online beta on March 31st.

oh no :ermm:

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

by the way, anyone know a good source of information on the "black hound project"? (or w/e it's called) I tried asking Josh Sawyer but he never replied

Does anybody know what happened to the site that had all available black hound info? Looks like it's dead...

looks like Mr.Sawyer is trying to erase all trace of it

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

Looks like Dragon Age except good.

Kinda like The Witcher.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

"And IWD2 is great for what it was, IE going out with a bang."

IWD1 was great for what it was. IWD2 sucked for what it was.

IE went out witha whimper as IWD2 was the only IE game in HISTORY that i couldn't be bothered to complete,

Edited by Volourn

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

that's cuz you can't strategy :ermm:

Volo, just can't. I imagine most things in life are hard for Volo.

I came up with Crate 3.0 technology. 

Crate 4.0 - we shall just have to wait and see.

Down and out on the Solomani Rim
Now the Spinward Marches don't look so GRIM!

"that's cuz you can't strategy"

IWD2 is one fo the easiest games ever. Consideirng that I managed to beat the GB games (as well as other 'old skool' strategy 'rpg' games), for some reason the joke that is IWD2 has nothing to it.

There is very little if any strategy needed in IWD2. LMFAO

IWD2 is one fo the easiest games ever. Consideirng that I managed to beat the GB games (as well as other 'old skool' strategy 'rpg' games), for some reason the joke that is IWD2 has nothing to it.

lol you find the dumbest things funny. nerd humor ftl.

I'm playing a lot of FIFA with the kids on my floor. Game is highly difficult for newcomers so I get blown out every game.

It was a day one game for me but now...? They just lost a customer. I don't even think they warn you about that on the EU PSN, but I did see the note on the NA PSN. there aren't even any online modes in the game.

Requiring you to be online EVERY time you play an offline game is a no go for me.

I found it the hardest as far as combat went. I remember having to play many of the battles over and over and some of the optional boss battles were impossible for me. It may have had to do with my party though. I remember using a drow, duerger and a dark gnome which all had level handicaps so I think I didn't create a very powerful party. I do agree that IWD 2 is the weakest of the Infinity Engine games, that said I loved them all in their own way and I greatly enjoyed my IWD 2 playthrough and I definitely had to use strategy in that game.

I had an epic play through of all the Infinity Engine games, starting with the Icewind Dale series, then to Planescape and finishing with the BG series years ago and it was one of the most enjoyable times I've had with RPG games.

Edited by GreasyDogMeat

IWD2 is the spiritual predecessor of Dragon Age with the endless grinding of repetitive mobs and spawning of mooks around your party (usually behind your mages). Temple of the Urn is eerily familiar to the Ice temple (and maybe explains why I hated it so much).

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

It may have had to do with my party though. I remember using a drow, duerger and a dark gnome which all had level handicaps so I think I didn't create a very powerful party.

I stopped leveling up my party at lv 7 just to see how far I could take them, went all the way to the Underdark and beyond the first serious battle there (the group of adventurers or something that guard an exit). if you had trouble, I suspect it was because of you choosing weird classes or combinations of classes and to a lesser extent your decisions on every level up.

I find IWD2 to be the best because its party system is so complicated, I love micromanaging all 6 characters. I even played through BG2 with a custom party (had to "cheat" somewhat and play the singleplayer campaign in LAN mode for that to happen)

Edited by sorophx
Walsingham said:

I'm playing a lot of FIFA with the kids on my floor. Game is highly difficult for newcomers so I get blown out every game.

:(

I came up with Crate 3.0 technology. 

Crate 4.0 - we shall just have to wait and see.

Down and out on the Solomani Rim
Now the Spinward Marches don't look so GRIM!

"I find IWD2 to be the best because its party system is so complicated, "

No, it isn't. And, definitely no more than any game thatb has multiple aces like any D&D game, the M&Ms, etc. Not coomplex at all. Beside, IWD2's character system isn't the problem. It's D&D so I love it. It's the easy and boring combat that is the issue. Not to mention that horrid country where Sawyer pretty much begged the player to feel sorry for the villains though I found it very hard to feel any sympathy for mass murdering evil scumbags.

multiple aces like any D&D game

oh? please, name a D&D game that does that except the aforementioned? and not counting the crappy GB and DarkSun games. only ToEE, PoR and IWD spring to mind that have this function inherently. and in BG you can pull some strings to make it work.

Walsingham said:

"oh? please, name a D&D game that does that except the aforementioned? and not counting the crappy GB and DarkSun games. only ToEE, PoR and IWD spring to mind that have this function inherently. and in BG you can pull some strings to make it work.

"

Kiddin' right? Are you a newbie to gaming? P.S. BG can do this with ease.

Other games include but are not limited to are M&M, Wizardry, & The Bard's Tale.

Sorry, IWD is not unique in this regard in any way, shape, or form.

TONS of game do this. TONS.

Other games include but are not limited to are M&M, Wizardry, & The Bard's Tale.

oh I didn't realize these were all D&D games ;)

Walsingham said:

And? The point is IWD2 is far from the only game D&D or toherwise that is so 'complex' as to have the ability to have multiple reaces in the same party. LMAO

Plenty of D&D and non D&D games. btw, the Gb series is a series of multiple games. You want more D7D games that do this/ Check out EOTB.

seriously, you emabrass yourself. IWD2 is not special in any regard even in its subparness.

You said you liked IWD2 simply because it allows you tio create your characters - the funny thing is that's quite normal for RPGs including D7D ones. Check out a certain Sega Genesis (console!) D&D game that did the same thing. L0LZ