STEAM!

Rosbjerg

Yeah, I figured that was the case - I'll test it and report back shortly as the girlfriend is finished phone sexing me on Skype.

Did you know Skype supports party chat? You should try it! With me. And your girlfriend.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

• 4 weeks later...

Hey, wanted to ask some opinions, Steam now has King Author The Role Playing Wargame on sale now for $2.99 alone and the complete pack for $11.99, have other people played this game? I want to know what people think about it, it looks a little bit like the total war series and I love Rome Total War though i haven't played the games after that.

I have been hankering for a game similar to Rome Total War, i am wondering people think this game is worth it?

Hey, wanted to ask some opinions, Steam now has King Author The Role Playing Wargame on sale now for $2.99 alone and the complete pack for $11.99, have other people played this game? I want to know what people think about it, it looks a little bit like the total war series and I love Rome Total War though i haven't played the games after that.

I have been hankering for a game similar to Rome Total War, i am wondering people think this game is worth it?

:: shrugs :: Some guys on this forum who've played and posted about it seemed to like it.

sonsofgygax.JPG

It's a sweet game, but the TW-style battles are actually the weak point as they suffer from serious balancing problems. The campaign is also a bit more linear than the TW games. It has pretty good roleplaying and it's a beautiful game. It's more than worth it for 2 bucks.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

The campaign AI can be downright BRUTAL and the game doesn't always tell you exactly how you're supposed to do things (I haven't figured out how to recruit units so I'm back up to full strenght rather than running around with units of 2 Tourney Knights), and the Tactical fights... well... lets just say Archers will own anything in spitting distance as long as they aren't thrown into melee (I've literally had an entire army melt before three units of archers).

If you gave this to the guys who do Total War and said "keep the spirit of the game, change the mechanics a bit" you'd probably end up with a PHENOMINAL game.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

• 3 weeks later...

have you tried changing the field of view to take care of the motion sickness? those games let you alter it and that might be a possible cause since they are in an aspect thats a little wider than normal fps games (i think)

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

If you don't own this already, you're not a gamer.

:(

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

Sadly I think I have to join that crowd. I'm sorry, but when Valve uses the sandtrap type section again, I can't give them any credit. It was never fun. It needs to stop.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

I think the last half pretty much made up for the antlion caves overall.

Also, sandtraps type section? Come on man it was a 5 minute long sequence!

Also I enjoyed sandtraps. :(

Either way I don't think Episode 2 is "overrated". I mean, it came as part of the Orange Box, so most of the hype was about the whole box rather than individual games. Reception to each of the games individually was good in general, but I heard a fair amount of criticism as well (first half of EP2, bland TF2 maps)... uhm, except for Portal I suppose. Yeah, not really a lot of criticism for it. :o

Edited by taviow

I don't think Episode 2 specifically is overrated, I think the whole HL2 experience is overrated.

Hear, hear!

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat: