STEAM!

Rosbjerg

I got Mass Effect 1, couldn't get into it. Too spoiled by ME2. I can see what people mean when they say it's been 'dumbed down', the Areas are bigger in ME1, you can spend points that compliment the paragon/renegade scores, there are more people to talk to etc. Still, planet exploration is worse, and the sound mixing for the weapons is bad, so are most of the animations. At least ME2 is a solid shooter, ME1 depends on the plot, which was always pretty uninteresting.

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

I gave up on HL after the Tentacle level. Spent $60 for a mod platform (which considering the mods was sort of worth it, Opera, FA, CS, DoD, ESF).

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I don't think Episode 2 specifically is overrated, I think the whole HL2 experience is overrated.
I not only can not support you on that, I might have to cut you.
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

half life 2 and ep2 combined are my favorite pure fps game.

people saying overrated should turn their eyes to the garbage that is halo and behold what an overrated shooter looks like.

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

Pure FPS are about shooting enemies non-stop, not watching cutscenes and scripted events every ten minutes.

There's basically one cutscene in the entirety of te Half-Life series. :)

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

half life 2 is absolutely a pure FPS. its not an FPS rpg like deus ex or system shock 2, its not a first person stealth game like thief, its not a hybrid of the three like chronicles of riddick.

its also not an online shooter like Battlefield 2 or team fortress 2.

if half life 2 isnt a pure plain and simple FPS then no game is.

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

The pacing of action and exploration in Ep2 was near perfection.

Exploration?! It's a ****ing corridor. A souped up corridor, but a corridor nonetheless.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

The pacing of action

Yeah, I've used episode 2 as teaching material - The correct use of pacing (in FPS). It's damn near perfect, or at best so far I've seen in any FPS. Valve really put a lot of research into it. I also loved how they used those info bubbles to give detailed info on certain triggers, locations, environments, models or encounters. Should be industry standard.

I do complite runs of Half-Life and Half-Life 2 (and Episode 2) again and again. I think I've done over 15 runs in original Half-Life since 1998 :thumbsup:

Let's play Alpha Protocol

My misadventures on youtube.

i agree with niten. the half life series is my most frequently played fps series. Most fps games I finish once and never replay, not half life games though, I can play them again and again. usually with a year or two inbetween playthroughs

The pacing of action and exploration in Ep2 was near perfection.

Exploration?! It's a ****ing corridor. A souped up corridor, but a corridor nonetheless.

Exploration to some degree, yes. There were some environmental puzzles to solve, which required you to search and figure out how to advance. Nice change of pacing.

Exploration a'la Gothic style certainly not.

How's Rainbow Six Vegas 2? Is it comparable with SWAT 4?

No, it's much much more action oriented - and the mechanics are a little wonky.

Swat 4 is still the best coop game in that genre imo.

Fortune favors the bald.

Vegas 2 is. If you're solo you and your team are Bishop, while the co-op partner is Knight.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

vegas 1 and 2 are both coop, and are actually REALLY fun to play with a friend on splitscreen offline coop on console. I wouldnt recommend them as single player experiences though... would be boring i think.

Vegas 1 and 2 have nothing to do with SWAT 4, though. The tactical FPS genre is dead.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

Ahhh Half Life series... That game that always left me kind of confused, because so much of it is incoherant. Now naturally, that doesn't make it all bad, its got pleanty of "we're doing it first", moments. I do find it a chore to play though... And I never liked the gravity gun.

I came up with Crate 3.0 technology. 

Crate 4.0 - we shall just have to wait and see.

Down and out on the Solomani Rim
Now the Spinward Marches don't look so GRIM!

• 3 weeks later...