RANDOM VIDEO GAME NEWS THREAD!

Maria Caliban

hmmm. is it so dangerous to release a game the same day/week/month Blizzard does? doesn't make any sense to me :ermm:

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

so, most people only buy a single game in a given genre a year? is that what you're saying? I used to go to a video game store every month with a shopping list with at least 10 titles on it. why would I only buy Diablo 3 if I knew it'd take me 3 days to beat it? what the hell am I supposed to do after I'm done with it? ah! that's right, I have Dungeon Siege 3

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

so, most people only buy a single game in a given genre a year? is that what you're saying? I used to go to a video game store every month with a shopping list with at least 10 titles on it. why would I only buy Diablo 3 if I knew it'd take me 3 days to beat it? what the hell am I supposed to do after I'm done with it? ah! that's right, I have Dungeon Siege 3

Do you purposefully misread everything I write or..?

Do you purposefully misread everything I write or..?

no. :ermm: bah, forget it

Walsingham said:

L.A. Noire trailer on the technology behind performance

While the facial animations look amazingly realistic, everything else doesn't. It feels like you're hallucinating a puppet show but with real faces. So it either looks like a caricature or somewhat spooky.

1.13 killed off Ja2.

X-Men: Destiny fact sheet from Gamestop

In the action-RPG X-Men Destiny, you control the fate of a new mutant in the X-Men universe. Every choice has a consequence, as your destiny is determined through the decisions you make as you advance through the game. Play as one of three new characters in X-Men lore, each one of whom must come to terms with his or her unique background and powerful mutant identity while uncovering the truth behind an epic event that threatens to tear apart the tenuous peace between humanity and mutant kind. Evolve and customize your core mutant powers with an opportunity to earn and equip "X-genes" to expand and alter your power base. Choose which path to take in key moments that impact your story and how other characters respond to you. Fight alongside and against famous mutants from the X-Men comics, including Wolverine, Cyclops, Emma Frost and more. Will you choose to follow the teachings of the X-Men to unite mutants and humans, or will you usher in a new age of mutant domination with Magneto's Brotherhood? YOU decide.

Blizzard confirms "Titan" is their next-gen MMO

EDIT: This would also confirm the leaked product slate.. Diablo III at the end of next year? Move on with Dungeon Siege III Obsidian! Before you get obliterated! Cash in before it comes out!

Why would it also confirm the product slate?

It had "Titan" as their next-gen MMO.. of course, I'm not sure if it was a pre-existent rumor, so they may have just fabricated it, but it definitely lends it more credence.

Blizzard confirms "Titan" is their next-gen MMO

EDIT: This would also confirm the leaked product slate.. Diablo III at the end of next year? Move on with Dungeon Siege III Obsidian! Before you get obliterated! Cash in before it comes out!

Why would it also confirm the product slate?

It had "Titan" as their next-gen MMO.. of course, I'm not sure if it was a pre-existent rumor, so they may have just fabricated it, but it definitely lends it more credence.

I'd agree with the notion that it has an idea of what products are coming out, but the timeline is always variable. Especially for a company like Blizzard.

While the facial animations look amazingly realistic, everything else doesn't. It feels like you're hallucinating a puppet show but with real faces. So it either looks like a caricature or somewhat spooky.

So... they hit the uncanny valley? One face was so well animated that for a moment I couldn't tell it was computer animation, but for the most part I know what you mean. I still think this is awesome tech and I'd love to see it applied in a RPG.

So... they hit the uncanny valley? One face was so well animated that for a moment I couldn't tell it was computer animation, but for the most part I know what you mean. I still think this is awesome tech and I'd love to see it applied in a RPG.

Awesome tech but the acting is too obvious/forced with the facials and comes off cheesy to me.

Glad I never got into games development. Although, that kind of BS is probably common, thankfully I've just had inept and clumsy management rather than evil

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra