Deus Ex 3

Pidesco

How does a cyberpunk future dystopia make for a better MMO than any other setting? I guess you could save some money on not having to color the assets, but that's about it...

And how many PnP RPGs aren't about performing missions with a group?

It's the right mix and COMBO of these elements that makes the SR setting what it is. Not any one or another by themselves. But you knew that. Just splitting hairs for the sake of splitting hairs to create a artificial debate or argument. Have fun with that. If you still don't 'get it' then ask someone else to hand hold you though my point.

World of Darkness News

http://www.wodnews.net

---

"I cannot profess to be a theologian; but it seems to me that Christians who believe in a super human Satan have got themselves into a logical impasse with regard to their own religion. For either God can not prevent the mischief of Satan, in which case he is not omnipotent; or else He could do so if he wished, but will not, in which case He is not benevolent. Fortunately, being a pagan witch, I am not called upon to solve this problem."

- Doreen Valiente

Right, good points :lol:

So how about that Human Revolution?

Don't take away one's right to use vague, non-specific words and then assume others would know what they are talking about!!!

Oh wait... Human Revolution...

Seriously considering a preorder. I like the art style of the game and the gameplay does look like it has mass potential to be hella fun. Not the biggest fan of inventory tetris.... But it's not a deal breaker >_<

Edited by Thorton_AP

Any game that posits a half decent story, with the potential of multiple paths to complete things and different consequences resulting... is worth a look at.

Although I would like to see a bit more detail on some of the "social path" type of thing they've talked about. I remember one of the interviews a few months ago made some mention of picking up on facial expressions in conversations to react to.. So I'm a tad curious on just how that sort of detail will handle.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

I'm still wondering at why they needed JC if this Jensen character can do all this (mind you, they might reboot the series, they have a 10 year plan after all). You'd think people would be more cynical the way IW went.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

To me, the most important thing that I liked about DX was the unique atmosphere and the solid story. Customization and versatile level design was just the creme on top.

Pretty much this. I also liked how it managed to stay pretty gripping, even with it's not-inconsiderable length. I'd count the (minor) branching in the story, (not) saving brother Paul, as neat and very-well executed.

My favourite DX moment is totally random. One one playthrough I was coming back from the ocean lab, when suddenly I hear a "beep" from behind me and a MJ12 diver tosses a LAM on me. Almost jumped through the ceiling - point being that no obvious scripting caused the >_<

I'm still wondering at why they needed JC if this Jensen character can do all this (mind you, they might reboot the series, they have a 10 year plan after all). You'd think people would be more cynical the way IW went.

I think it's pretty well established in DX(1) that the superiority of nanotechnology is in it's stealthiness. Gunther and Anna can do pretty much everything you can, but they can't pass off as "human". Paul can, and JC just needs the sunglasses to hide his "augmented vision". So the trick in nanotech is the ability to field augmented people without the augmentation being obvious.

Since we're on the topic of DX, there's one thing I don't get. Jojo Fine in the 'ton Hotel. I've actually managed to enter dialogue with him once, but on all the other times he's just running through his scripted sequence with his "oh, you bad!" bark. It's been bugging me all these years. :)

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

I think it's pretty well established in DX(1) that the superiority of nanotechnology is in it's stealthiness. Gunther and Anna can do pretty much everything you can, but they can't pass off as "human". Paul can, and JC just needs the sunglasses to hide his "augmented vision". So the trick in nanotech is the ability to field augmented people without the augmentation being obvious.

Since we're on the topic of DX, there's one thing I don't get. Jojo Fine in the 'ton Hotel. I've actually managed to enter dialogue with him once, but on all the other times he's just running through his scripted sequence with his "oh, you bad!" bark. It's been bugging me all these years. >_<

Well, seeing how Jensen can eventually cloak, and just wear a trenchcoat and shades, not sure about that, or why Gunther and Anna aren't that special. But eh, is sequel power creep I suppose, just is funny from an in-universe sense. My real worry is them deciding to reboot the entire series.

Edited by Malcador

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Since we're on the topic of DX, there's one thing I don't get. Jojo Fine in the 'ton Hotel. I've actually managed to enter dialogue with him once, but on all the other times he's just running through his scripted sequence with his "oh, you bad!" bark. It's been bugging me all these years. :p

Well, seeing how Jensen can eventually cloak, and just wear a trenchcoat and shades, not sure about that, or why Gunther and Anna aren't that special. But eh, is sequel power creep I suppose, just is funny from an in-universe sense. My real worry is them deciding to reboot the entire series.

I agree that Jensen is more "stealthy" than Gunther or Anna, but the double full-arm prothesis going to be a lot harder to conceal. :p

Also cloak =/= stealth, you want to blend in without burning the batteries.

Still expecting a "hd remaster" of DX in the near future, if DX3 does as well as should be expected...

Jensen is walking around with what looks to be a corporate label on his forehead. It's far more obvious than anything shades can conceal.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

I agree that Jensen is more "stealthy" than Gunther or Anna, but the double full-arm prothesis going to be a lot harder to conceal. :p

Still expecting a "hd remaster" of DX in the near future, if DX3 does as well as should be expected...

Eh, blending wouldn't be that important, JC's role in UNATCO seemed like a spec op trooper rather than a spy, but he does get pretty powerful as it goes on anyway so could play out that way. As for a remaster of DX (DX3 will do well, don't give gamers too much credit), maybe it won't end up as a George Lucas style re-issue, heh - damn Quebecers.

Eh, blending wouldn't be that important, JC's role in UNATCO seemed like a spec op trooper rather than a spy, but he does get pretty powerful as it goes on anyway so could play out that way. As for a remaster of DX (DX3 will do well, don't give gamers too much credit), maybe it won't end up as a George Lucas style re-issue, heh - damn Quebecers.

He was a proto for MJ12 agents, who couldn't operate as openly. He also does a "blend" entry on at least one occasion (versalife), I'm sure there are others I can't remember.

Complaints about HR mechs being too advanced compared to DX are much like the world being too advanced, it's assuming that everything we saw in the original game was everything the universe had to offer. We don't really see Anna and Gunther use many powers in DX. Anna can cloak and they can both take a lot of bullets, but that doesn't mean that's the extent of their powers.

I actually support the notion of not sticking to the idea that DX1's tech level MUST be superior to that of DX3's. I think it'd be a self-imposed limitation that isn't really necessary.

As long as the methodology behind what is capable (these are full on mech implants, not tiny nanomachines) and whatnot remains consistent, I don't care so much that it may appear that Jensen is more powerful than Denton ever was. JC's limitations are as much technological (made in 2000) as anything else. I'm sure Mr. Spector would love to have another go at what he can do.

I'm cynical.

But I wouldn't mind if a fun FPS came out of it either.

He was a proto for MJ12 agents, who couldn't operate as openly. He also does a "blend" entry on at least one occasion (versalife), I'm sure there are others I can't remember.

By that time he's outside UNATCO, they seem to use him for Advanced kicking in doors, mostly. I did agree that this is just power creep for playing's sake, but is just amusing to look at. The world does make sense though, apparently this is some pre-(insert bad stuff) Golden Age. Actually, easy way is just to have them lose the tech to make them like Jensen.

IIRC, in DX1 the level of tech for JC and the earlier prototypes was about the same without the added ugly prosthesis. Plus there are obvious issues with DX3 tech, evident by the fact that Jensen can't hold a glass without breaking it.

Edited by Orogun01
I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

IIRC, in DX1 the level of tech for JC and the earlier prototypes was about the same without the added ugly prosthesis. Plus there are obvious issues with DX3 tech, evident by the fact that Jensen can't hold a glass without breaking it.

Aww, he just wants to feel again.

"I shoot/stab/slice people, because it's the only thing that makes me feel alive."

Drama confirmed.

Edited by Purkake

"I shoot/stab/slice people, because it's the only thing that makes me feel alive."

Drama confirmed.

Seems more deep than that, regarding the Icarus dream and his past I say that losing his arms wasn't his choice. He sort of looks like the person with a defining moment in his past, Noire style.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

Drama confirmed.

Shame it's not Christian Bale doing the character, then.

Drama confirmed.

Shame it's not Christian Bale doing the character, then.

He pretty much is Bale/Batman, though.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

I put the cash down for the Augmented Edition while it was still cheap at Game.co.uk, I wasn't going to bother but I decided I should probably support any company that's making games in the style I like, I'm just keeping my fingers crossed that it turns out good.

It went back up to

I put the cash down for the Augmented Edition while it was still cheap at Game.co.uk, I wasn't going to bother but I decided I should probably support any company that's making games in the style I like, I'm just keeping my fingers crossed that it turns out good.

It went back up to

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."