What you did today

Pidesco

My sister's dog has now passed. They had him put to sleep. You will be missed, little buddy.

A scary day with a happy ending one day and this **** the next.

Edited by Tale
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Can't sleep. Keep thinking about dying. Don't want to close my eyes.

Reminds me of what my mother was like when she got near the end. Very scary.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Are you OK? Need to discuss anything?

I'll be fine.

You have to keep in mind that I've seen a fair few deaths and bodies. I've nearly been killed a few times. I know how easy it is to die. Plus of course eventually you die no matter what.

Basically, I'm kind of attached to being alive, and hence the problem arises.

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Are you OK? Need to discuss anything?

I'll be fine.

You have to keep in mind that I've seen a fair few deaths and bodies. I've nearly been killed a few times. I know how easy it is to die. Plus of course eventually you die no matter what.

Basically, I'm kind of attached to being alive, and hence the problem arises.

You should play airsoft with buddies. Its used in several countries by war vets as a tool to recreate their experiences in a non threatening way. The long term effect is fading of the worst memories and replacing them with new ones - the fun of airsoft and barbecue afterwards.

It sounds silly but its being actively used and it works.

logosig2.jpg

Imperium Thought for the Day: Even a man who has nothing can still offer his life

;)o:) Boo.

It's very kind of you to assume I'm a veteran. But I'm not. I've just a knack for getting into scrapes and interesting places. Or rather, knowing interesting mad people who take me into danger and so forth.

The funny thing is that all the time I was potentially going to fight this didn't bother me. It's only know I'm a 'pure' civilian and I can pick and choose my dangers that I'm becoming terrified of being killed by a car or something.

-Elwood Blues

That's it, I'm never going to try Airsoft in case the other side are all disturbed combat veterans dealing with their 'issues.'

Oh, that and because dressing up as soldiers and giving your team names like '12th Special Combat Recce Commando' is a bit silly.

sonsofgygax.JPG

Went through a night with some very surreal dreams. Surreal as in nazis, giant robots, spies, strange fluffy rabbits, and other weirdness.

Trying to get my mind wrapped around the changes in programming that's developed in the last 8 years since I did any serious coding.

Going from things like Cobol, Ada, and C where you had to dig in and get the grunt work of any engine done first, and then all the GUI was just the cheese you left till the end... and now it all seems to be quick iterations where you focus on the GUI and the engine side of things is practically all "plug and play" resources that these new-fangled languages seem to use.. C# I'm looking at you. :shifty:

Reading through code and I'm mostly understanding the logic of it all..but not recognising half the keywords and funtions being used..

sigh. Now I'm feeling old. old and depressed and a little bit slow.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Aww

*kicks Raithe*

I used to be pretty darn good at this stuff. I thought I was getting a handle on how it all works.. and poof. I find I haven't a freaking clue and my heads exploding. :shifty:

I think it might be time to take a big step back from thinking about this stuff and go have a cup of tea to ensure the day is survived.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Actually its loads of fun. Probably the best time I've had in my life with my pants on.

Great exercise too.

You telling me you play airsoft with your pants on?

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Had a really good day practicing for my time in the limelight in December. I honestly think I'm getting good at this singing thing.

Of course I've been on stage often enough to know that good rehearsals spell awful performance! -_-

-Elwood Blues

things are pretty good at the moment

not having to go to work but still getting paid, spending time lazing around in the sun all day, and got asked out by a pretty awesome girl -_-

when your mind works against you - fight back with substance abuse!

Aww

*kicks Raithe*

I used to be pretty darn good at this stuff. I thought I was getting a handle on how it all works.. and poof. I find I haven't a freaking clue and my heads exploding. -_-

I think it might be time to take a big step back from thinking about this stuff and go have a cup of tea to ensure the day is survived.

No one can keep up with those things after a while. The pace of new developments outstrips the learning ability of the (aging) human mind at some point.

Edited by RPGmasterBoo

logosig2.jpg

Imperium Thought for the Day: Even a man who has nothing can still offer his life

Fought a long vicious battle this afternoon for possession of my laundry drying rack in my backyard. Eight legged invaders had completely covered it in web and made themselves comfortable there. Nothing to do but arm myself with a broom and a spray can and taking up the challenge. It's mine... all mine!!!

smallaustralian20spider.jpg

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Yeah, I have often wondered that if I decide to take a trip somewhere south, where the climate is warm and humid, and the fauna is from jurassic period, where I'm going to get a flamethrower? I'm not arachnophobic, but goddamn if I would find spider like that in my house I would set the house on fire.

Also, old but still funny:

Fought a long vicious battle this afternoon for possession of my laundry drying rack in my backyard. Eight legged invaders had completely covered it in web and made themselves comfortable there. Nothing to do but arm myself with a broom and a spray can and taking up the challenge. It's mine... all mine!!!

One more country to my "never to visit" list.

Seriously, **** spiders.

Spiders kills mosquitos. Mozzies are far more deadly to humans than spiders will ever be. I like spiders.

-Elwood Blues