BioWare's New Game

Maria Caliban

bioteasepic.jpg

Destroyed looking city to me; I'm still thinking ME setting game (First Contact War, maybe?) but not connected to the Sheppard story.

Alternatively, an alien invasion game (because, you know, sci-fi looking dude in destroyed city looking place).

Edited by Amentep

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

With the Incisor Rifle and the supposed ME hints, I'm also leaning First Contact War.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Or do you just enjoy turning threads into ****-slinging contests?

Nah, we should just all bend over and let you and boo ream us.

There's a Bioware faction here ? Sweet.

I'm in the "if you don't care for company Xs games, stop posting in them." I was given this friendly piece of advice by mkreku once, and I've followed it ever since. Apparently some people consider themselves above this. :ermm:

The only company I feel like I owe any kind of loyalty is Obsidian, as I spend way too much time on forums sponsored by them. Bioware has failed me in the past (NWN, especially), but since we know **** all about this new product I find the broken record guys tuning up their bash-chestra to be more than a little tiresome.

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

The only thing I'm above is everything. Am I right, fellas? Eh? Eh?

"

Nope. Just wodnerin' why someone would waste so much time on something (in this case, BIO) when they feel they suck. Itt's 'ol fahsion trolling to post 'x sucks' repeatedly in threads dedicated to something you loathe.. hence why I avoid AP forums now or threads dedciated to it but at least I have AP a chance. Boo has no inetrest in doing this for BIO so waste of tiem and me wondering why he cares so much.

i can't really speak for boo (but now I'm going to speak about him), and sometimes his statements do border on trolling (with regard to certain topics/posters), but generally i think he talks more **** about bioware than he actually feels, if I remember right he kinda liked dragon age origins, or at least his first review was fairly positive.

also: I really like bioware but even I'm inclined to bash what we've seen so far. generic space marine in washed out grey building = completely uninspired first footage of a new game. combine that with the train wreck of dragon age 2 footage thats been shown and you have what looks like a really disspointing next few games. I just hope that mass effect 3 isn't a huge departure from 2, because I really liked 2. though if they made ME3 a turn based rpg I would be completely ecstatic.

Edited by entrerix

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

The only thing I'm above is everything. Am I right, fellas? Eh? Eh?

You get away with more because you don't seem like your posts consist of 10 pre-canned ones. :ermm:

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

That picture doesn't tell me much, except for that the color palette sucks. More red, yellow and green please.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

"

Nope. Just wodnerin' why someone would waste so much time on something (in this case, BIO) when they feel they suck. Itt's 'ol fahsion trolling to post 'x sucks' repeatedly in threads dedicated to something you loathe.. hence why I avoid AP forums now or threads dedciated to it but at least I have AP a chance. Boo has no inetrest in doing this for BIO so waste of tiem and me wondering why he cares so much.

i can't really speak for boo (but now I'm going to speak about him), and sometimes his statements do border on trolling (with regard to certain topics/posters), but generally i think he talks more **** about bioware than he actually feels, if I remember right he kinda liked dragon age origins, or at least his first review was fairly positive.

I kinda liked everything they made, ever, only I lotta liked BG, which leads me to believe it doesn't have to be kinda until the end of time. That said, I slam recurring faults of their games and them as a company, from a demanding perspective of someone who knows what he wants to play and suspects they can (but wont - due to some or other reason) deliver.

What frustrates me is not that their games are bad, but that they could be better in obvious ways (that they have already managed before!). That, and the increasingly formulaic way they approach story and gameplay since KOTOR. The latter most of all.

I don't care what Bioware fans say, for me KOTOR, ME and DA are the same game in 3 different flavors. I can't approve of that.

logosig2.jpg

Imperium Thought for the Day: Even a man who has nothing can still offer his life

"but generally i think he talks more **** about bioware than he actually feels, if I remember right he kinda liked dragon age origins, or at least his first review was fairly positive."

That, to me, is even worse. No way no how does anyone read Boo's posts and think,"man, this guy likes BIO and is just criticizing them because ehe wants them better." He is basically a Codexian - bashing for the sake of bashing. That's cool too 9and I have fun doing just that there); but let's be honest about it.

" for me KOTOR, ME and DA are the same game in 3 different flavors. I can't approve of that. "

That's silly talk. You might as well throw BG2 into that as well since any similarities those games share started with the BG series. And, what's wrong with that/ BIO sticks with making games they know their audience wants to play. That's smart business.

"really like bioware but even I'm inclined to bash what we've seen so far. generic space marine in washed out grey building = completely uninspired first footage of a new game."

there's really nothing to bash about this new vid/game. there's also nothing to praise about it. It's a meaningless teaser whose only goal is to hype an upcoming game announcement up. In that regards, irtworked wonders.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

But they expand their flock of sheep if they did :ermm:

Sad how many people are saying they'd love a Halo meets Mass Effect game. Bleh.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Halo has really nice color. How many games do you know of where the major enemies are purple?

Edited by Tale

Or do you just enjoy turning threads into ****-slinging contests?

Nah, we should just all bend over and let you and boo ream us.

There's a Bioware faction here ? Sweet.

I'm in the "if you don't care for company Xs games, stop posting in them." I was given this friendly piece of advice by mkreku once, and I've followed it ever since. Apparently some people consider themselves above this. :ermm:

The only company I feel like I owe any kind of loyalty is Obsidian, as I spend way too much time on forums sponsored by them. Bioware has failed me in the past (NWN, especially), but since we know **** all about this new product I find the broken record guys tuning up their bash-chestra to be more than a little tiresome.

There are always new, interesting and perfectly valid ways to bash Bio.

sonsofgygax.JPG

Like the fact that they keep hoarding Jennifer Hale. When she is a treasure to be shared by everyone. And not just for people who feel content to play as a female PC in Mass Effect games.

Like the fact that they keep hoarding Jennifer Hale. When she is a treasure to be shared by everyone. And not just for people who feel content to play as a female PC in Mass Effect games.

Making fun of them because of ME is still hip, right?

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

Only if you're talking about ME1. I will square you in the nose should you unjustly slander ME2.

Edited by Tale

Only if you're talking about ME1. I will square you in the nose should you unjustly slander ME2.

What if I talk about the fact that ME2 is mostly cameos, fan service, and a weak plot?

:p

You wouldn't hit a guy with glasses? Would you?

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

What if I talk about the fact that ME2 is mostly cameos, fan service, and a weak plot?

:p

You wouldn't hit a guy with glasses? Would you?

no, but I might.

jk. though mass effect 2 is definitely better than 1 (not by a huge margin, but still, definitely better).

in vol speak:

cameos? no. roofles

fan service? impossible. meaningless phrase. roofles

weak plot? yes it was. so was part 1. roofles.

enjoy :)

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

Cameos? Big deal. Many games have 'cameos' - even the precious FO did.

Fan service? hello? Isn't that the point of producing a product that relies on fans? Every game company does fan service.

Weak plot? I don't think ME2 had a weak plot (neither did ME1) but ME2 didn't rely on the plot per se since the characters 8were* the plot.

It should be noted many successful movies and tv shows and books did well where this was the case. In fact, the best stories are ones told where the chaarcters are the plot.

Afterall,l let's take Boo's favorite game BG2. What is that game's plot if not focused on characters (ie. the PC and Irenicus). It be nothing without them.

Edited by Volourn

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.