FO: NV (General Discussion)

Just the way it was described within the game. It sounded like they were trying to lay it up as a possible continuation.

Also, who would not want to play around in a huge city filled with robo-dogs?!

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

I think the next expansion will play out in Denver.

Interesting, but what do you base that on? (according to the fallout wiki - Denver is a ruined city overrun with feral dogs)

That's Van Buren though. There's really no need for Obsidian to follow Van Buren in everything (and in fact, they didn't, see the Hoover Dam).

I'm double-posting again!

...so far setting iXPBase (what a lvl1 chr. starts out needing to reach lvl2) at 250-300 and the iXPBumpBase (the multiplier?) between 180 & 200 seems to be making a decent difference w/out forcing you to be level 1 forever....much better. Editors are fun.

What I did was I edited one of the Traits.

- Add new perk entry

- Entry point: Adjust Experience Points

- Function: Multiply Value = 0.50

Just make sure you pick that trait and you'll get the adjusted XP from everything.

Should work like a charm, unless you of course are looking for more sophisticated adjustment.

That'd certainly work. It pretty much would do the same thing as what I'm doing, just taking an opposite route to it (decreasing xp for actions instead of increasing xp needed for level up). I think I prefer it to not be a trait/perk I have to choose, tho.

Basically I want the first 4-5 levels to take longer but not tooo long, and then have it slow down dramatically. I'm having difficulty finding a good balance I like...if you set the XPBase/BumpBase low enough to feel like you can still get to at least lvl 3 or 4 without it taking fooorrrever it's still far too easy to get past lvl 5. If you make it so the higher levels take very long to reach, like I want, you can be stuck at lvl 1 or 2 for a very very long time. heh

Edited by LadyCrimson
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I thought the first 5-7 levels felt great. But then you suddenly find powerful weapons, you become powerful yourself and you start downing enemies like there is no tomorrow. Naturally, the experience points start rolling in as well. So yeah, I would also like the first few levels to stay the same and then the levelling could slow down a bit.

Would it be possible to change the experience needed to level up on a per level basis? Like, keep the the same numbers up to level 7-8, and then double (or something) the amount of xp needed to reach the following 22-23 levels? Is there an editable table that keeps track of this? Something like:

Level 01: 1-500

Level 02: 501-1000

Level 03: 1001-2000

Level 04: 2001-4000

I'm at work right now so I don't want to start googling game-related stuff too much..

I think the swarms of cazadores & hordes of deathclaws you kill in the game (each giving 50 XP) might have something to do with the much faster leveling. Not to mention how many sidequests there are (in many cases simple fetch quests), that give at least 300 XP upon completion.

In FO3 I didn't reach level 30 until Mothership Zeta.

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

@mkreku - I have no idea. Just using the simple 'global settings' stuff, it doesn't really seem like it - it's just multipliers or hard definitions of xp for certain actions - but there might be a way using scripts, which I have no idea how to do. I'd have to Google as well.

@virumor - Yeah, I finished one NCR main quest, I didn't kill ANYTHING and via the rewards of 1300+ exp, I leveled up from 22something to 23. :lol: I wouldn't mind changing rewards for some of those quests, but I don't want to alter all quest exp. in one multiplier-swoop.

edit:I'm really on a roll for spelling/grammar typos this morning...

Edited by LadyCrimson
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I have it from reliable sources that the next Fallout will take place in Tijuana, where you play as a young individual emerging from the impoverished Vault Cinqo and your goal will be to make it across the border to NCR where you will find a job washing brahmins. The token evil mob of badguys will be a bunch of crazed and bloodthirsty luchadors.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

Wouldn't it be possible not to hit the Lvl Up button or ignore the cool weapons if you think they're overpowered?

Kinda reminds me of Vis complaining how there's no Iron Man mode and the game doesn't delete his save game if he dies. Then I suggested that he could just not save/reload it.

Spreading beauty with my katana.

Yes, I could also tie my one hand behind my back so I can't reach all the controls at once.

Seriously, are you suggesting that I restrict my own world because the game world is not up to snuff? Pointless argument.

Wouldn't it be possible not to hit the Lvl Up button?

there's no level up button as far as I know, the game forces you to lvl up every time

EDIT: ugh, Gfted1 already answered that :lol: well, as for weapons, even the crappy ones are enough to oneshot most humanoid foes, I just can't make myself not to shoot in the head

Edited by sorophx
Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

I'm not complaining per se:I'd still play the game even if I couldn't change it, because I like it that much. But the joy of game editors (& why I still love pc gaming) is that you can alter things into something much closer to the way you personally may prefer them to be, whatever that may be - thus you don't have to complain in the first place. My complaint, if I have one, is that I can't seem to quite figure out how to do it/get it quite right, yet. :lol:

And yeah...leveling is auto-triggered. You can't escape it. Nor can you escape some of those triggered actor events like the Star Bottle Cap guy interrupting me right as a Gecko's arm was in mid-swing in my face, then him running off screaming "Hey, wow, look out!" when his forced dialogue ended. :lol:

You can try and change the way the level step constant is used but I don't know where it's done.

I've begun a new game (just arrived in Novac) last week end and I'm testing Unarmed. Very powerful when you get a spiked knuckles. I'm decapitating Viper raiders that are in metal armour. I'll side with the legion this time.

Question: I bought a 10mm Pistol Laser Sight and a 10mm SMG Recoil Comp. How do I attach these to my weapons?

same as repairing. in the weapons inventory there's a "Mod" button on the top right under the "Repair"

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

I wonder what would happen to Obsidian if it was bought by Beth and forced to make numerous sequels and off-shots to Fallout for all eternity? :ermm:

It would be very very bad... but in a good way?

Fortune favors the bald.