Dragon Age 2

Gorth

I was under the impression that it was a one-off happening near the beginning of the game. If you have better info, please share.

this thread gave me the impression that the whole game is built around two people telling the same story from two different points of view, so I figured it's gonna be happening throughout the whole game.

While I still can't figure out what the hell was bio doing all those years doing DA and come up with the game they did, I don't think they would even consider that. It would get REALLY old, REALLY fast.

That would be the cheapest way ever to extend the game. No, nothing I've seen or heard so far has pointed in that direction, the narrative thing is only used to allow for arbitrary time-forwarding, as I understand it.

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

I don't even know what to make of it

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

In this new fearless age of DLC, there's no point to pre-ordering a game or even buying it right away.

Just buy it down the road with all the dlc included, plus patches, etc, for 1/2 price. Much better deal.

Yes, if you wait a year you get a better deal. However, I have no interest in waiting a year.

looks just like Origins. anyway, I'm skeptical about this whole exaggerated/non-exaggerated thing, I don't think playing through most instances twice is a good game mechanic

Then it's a good thing you don't play through most instances twice. :)

Edited by Maria Caliban

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.

In this new fearless age of DLC, there's no point to pre-ordering a game or even buying it right away.

Just buy it down the road with all the dlc included, plus patches, etc, for 1/2 price. Much better deal.

Yes, if you wait a year you get a better deal. However, I have no interest in waiting a year.

Yeah, and it's not like you couldn't get games for less if you waited before. Rolled in with expansions, when they had those. Or movies too. Or books.

And I have to ask, is there a Dragon Age DLC that's worth waiting a year for? For me DA + Awakening + All DLC isn't that much better than DA:O alone. I hope that for DA2, all of the DLC will be as good as Liar of the Shadow Broker.

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.

And I have to ask, is there a Dragon Age DLC that's worth waiting a year for? For me DA + Awakening + All DLC isn't that much better than DA:O alone. I hope that for DA2, all of the DLC will be as good as Liar of the Shadow Broker.

Not sure about your train of thought here, I'd say that the difference is between it being worth buying immediately or just maybe getting it later for less... Unless you mean that are any of those DLCs worth revisiting the game a year later for a gamer who goes through more than 4-5 games a year, in which case I'd have to say, probably not...

(this year Heavy Rain, Mass Effect 2, Alpha Protocol and Fallout: New Vegas, i think) :sorcerer:

The arguement that I should wait a year for DA 2 + EXP + DLC is based on the notion that DA 2 + EXP + DLC > DA 2, yet Awakenings was so unimpressive that I didn't bother to finish it. I am not trying to do the mental math for the worth of the two to me.

The DLC for Dragon Age was universally lame. But I did like Awakenings a little.

It's a tossup as to if they'll repeat that.

Edited by Tale
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Leliana's Song was okay, but yeah, the best of a bad lot. Admittedly I haven't finished Awakening yet.

I took this job because I thought you were just a legend. Just a story. A story to scare little kids. But you're the real deal. The demon who dares to challenge God.

So what the hell do you want? Don't seem to me like you're out to make this stinkin' world a better place. Why you gotta kill all my men? Why you gotta kill me?

Nothing personal. It's just revenge.

Speaking as someone who has the base game and is rather indifferent about the quality of it (and paid full local RRP for it :thumbsup: ), the idea of buying the complete edition for about 1/3rd of the price of a local new release isn't looking unattractive. In that sense, it may well be DLC creating an illusion of extra value even if it's just that - an illusion.

Psychologically seeing a price of the base game at $100, and Awakenings at $50, seeing the Complete edition to $30 and the immediate thought is "Bargain!" But thinking more rationally I start to think - eh, all I get is just Awakenings at a marginal $20 off and some DLC which probably took some random intern an hour or two to make.

I don't know where I'm going with this post, I've just confused myself.

Edited by Humanoid

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G

I don't know where I'm going with this post, I've just confused myself.

Probably at least partly into "games are overpriced here, and it's not just one individual developer's fault" :thumbsup:

Leliana's Song was okay, but yeah, the best of a bad lot. Admittedly I haven't finished Awakening yet.

Yes, I really liked Leliana's song. Awakening's still rather buggy, and suffers partially from the "I have no idea if this is a bug, or there's just some hidden magic flag I'm cluelessly setting off somewhere" syndrome. Still, I'd say it's a lot better than the endless cave trundle hamstrung with the lack of a clear villain/opponent mess that is basic Origins.

Regarding the other DLC, I think Shale (if you count it as such) and Warden's Keep were quite good, the rest not so (though I think that Witch Hunt post-patch was fair, at least).

Yes, I think Shale was very well done. I wasn't including her as I got her 'for free' with the regular edition.

DA 2 News: The Fade returns and Morrigan still has a part in the story. I know some disliked the Fade, but I thought it was fine.

I think the Fade was cool. especially the parts in the mages' tower.

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

Well I think the Mage's Tower is the only part you ever interact with the Fade, that was a neat quest the first time (second time it's just bleh). I hope the Deep Roads return.

Edited by Malcador

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I liked the Fade. It's Deep Roads I hated. Fade created some interesting combat when you start switching around forms midbattle.

But the article says it's EA who screwed up.