What are you playing now

Pidesco

I'm not a graphics whore by any stretch of the imagination, Wrath, but that game is uglier than an ugly thing wearing an ugly mask.

I'm pretty sure there's an oxymoron there. Anyway, the 2-D trees are placeholders, the rest of the stuff should stay pretty much as is. You probably don't need a lecture about how the prettiest graphics aren't the point in a sim etc, etc.

"Moral indignation is a standard strategy for endowing the idiot with dignity." Marshall McLuhan

They have a fairly static campaign now, not one where you control the operational map, and stubbornly refuse to implement that. The new game should be quite different from the old one though.

"Moral indignation is a standard strategy for endowing the idiot with dignity." Marshall McLuhan

OK, thanks Monty, I'll read up on the two (somehow I thought there were multiple sequels already out) and see how they are. Just not a fan of Starcraft and I haven't got my RTS fix in a long while. Haven't seen a grand one since AOK, really.

Dragon Age but I don't know how long that will last. Its so limited compared to open world games like the recent Fallouts and Oblivion.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Nothing now. While playing Back to the Future my sound effects and voice cut out. Music is fine, though. After every possible troubleshoot and google search I could imagine, I am left with no recourse. A total reinstall.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Hmmm, is the campaign flexible at least?

I don't necessarily need to control the operational map (A Bridge Too Far didn't let you do that), but it at least had little skirmishes throughout where the results of one operation could affect a different one.

The campaign is a series of tactical battles, and the outcome of one can affect which one you fight next, although in the first campaign that wasn't noticeable. Supposedly the campaigns have improved since, but I haven't had a chance to try the latest ones (this is in the modern warfare version, the WW2 with a bunch of improvements isn't out yet). It'll be worthwhile to at least check out the demo when it's available.

Edit: The game just got officially announced and named: http://www.battlefront.com/index.php?optio...&Itemid=456

Should be out in a couple of months I'd say.

Edited by Wrath of Dagon

Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit. The new DLC cars and events are fun, even though 13 events and 3 cars (well, 6 if you consider the racer and cop versions separate) for ~10 euros is a bit much... Still happy with my purchase, both the game and the DLC, as I decided to play "just one event" three hours ago... This game can really pull a Civilization on you.

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit. The new DLC cars and events are fun, even though 13 events and 3 cars (well, 6 if you consider the racer and cop versions separate) for ~10 euros is a bit much... Still happy with my purchase, both the game and the DLC, as I decided to play "just one event" three hours ago... This game can really pull a Civilization on you.

I'm pretty sure it was only supposed to be 7 euros. :shifty:

So, apparently the problem was the headphones. They work fine on the Win 7 laptop, but various sounds are muted while others play fine on this one. An older pair of identical, but partially broken, headphones plays all sounds just fine.

The reformat was basically for nothing. Though the compy did need it.

Edited by Tale
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

I'm pretty sure it was only supposed to be 7 euros. :shifty:

Total Amount:

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Septerra Core - fun little game from the previous millennium. Looks like it'll be a long game though, which is quite alright with me.

I dare you to finish it. There are some mind-numbingly long dungeons and the whole game took me ~70h to finish the first time(I was like 10 then, though). Otherwise it's a pretty nice western-developed JRPG. Plus the

was pretty cool as well.

Oh, and make sure it's patched up, there's a nasty bug that will force you to restart about halfway through otherwise.