RANDOM VIDEO GAME NEWS THREAD!

Gorth

Swedish mag Gamereactor gave it 7/10,review is not available online yet.

And let me guess.. Black Ops got 10/10 in the same mag, correct?

Gamereactor is just. So. Bad.

I only read the TW2 review, I'm a LEVEL subscriber, GR is only worth having with me on my toilet visits.

After playing FO:NV, how you can even complain about animations... emoemotsmug.gif

Two worlds rocks, and The Witcher 2 better has a similar combat system instead of all the QTE nonsense.

what you're saying is true :) QTE killed AP for me. and the animations in NV almost did the same. I guess I like post apocalyptic future more than I like generic fantasy settings. although I wouldn't want a similar combat system in TW2. DA2 is enough. I'd like TW2 to keep the original's combat system with minor tweaks.

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

Apparently mages can kill bosses with one spell, according to PCGames.de.

Not even KOTOR2 reached those levels.

Dragon Age did.

Mana Clash

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Was it possible to one-hit-kill Bhodi with the Mace of Disruption for example?

yes

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

Two Worlds had instadeath spells as well, they were just all very high level and you had to combine a million magic cards for it to work. Pretty sure it's something like that again.

Also, amusignly in FO:NV I one-hit-killed Legate Jackass with the Anti-materiel rifle.

Edited by virumor

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

"Iirc, in BG2 bosses were immune to insta-death mechanics."

No, they weren't. BG2 tried to follow D&D rules and 'bosses' tend to (not always) follow them as well. I wans't dissing BG2, btw, as I have no problem with instya killing bosses within the rules.

"BG2 did it" is not really an excuse in 2010 anyway."

Yes it is. If people are gonna still claim that BG2 is 'best game ever' 9or one of the best), you better believe its strengths and weaknesses and qualities still matter. I don't think is a weakness though but a strength.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

So wait, Call of Duty Black Ops includes Zork? I might just have to buy my first Call of Honor game since the third one.

Edited by Tale

wasn't Zork a text-adventure game?

Walsingham said:

Yes, yes, it is. It's also free on the internet in a few places. Legally.

http://kotaku.com/5684775/review-call-of-d...rfare-redefined

Kotaku thinks treyarch is better at Call of Duty than infinity ward.

MW2's multiplayer was a joke, and the singleplayer left a bad taste in my mouth. This one looks more interesting, if only for the setting, and I hear the multiplayer is a bit more balanced and focused on skill rather than breaking the game (Dual Model 1887's, I'm looking at you).

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

http://kotaku.com/5684775/review-call-of-d...rfare-redefined

Kotaku thinks treyarch is better at Call of Duty than infinity ward.

They are... played a ton of Black Ops today and it was amazing. First Call of Duty game where I couldn't wait to see what happened next with the story, let alone the next set-piece action sequence. It almost feels like a cross between Lost and Call of Duty. You start off with the main character strapped to a chair being interrogated about a number sequence that keeps running through his head and every mission unravels a bit more about what has lead up to him being interrogated.

Some highlights from the campaign (Might not want to read. Minor spoilers at best but better to experience for yourself):

-Escaping from a Russian gulag.

-Flashback to WWII.

-A short RTS section controlled from a Blackbird that cuts back and forth between a ground soldier and the Blackbird.

-Swimming under a river, surfacing to drag NVA off boats.

-The vehicle sections including a PTA Boat down Vietnam & piloting an attack chopper.

-Going through a building with a shotgun loaded with

shotgun shells.

-The brutality. Treyarch's Black Ops makes IW's worst moments from Modern Warfare 1 & 2 look like Saturday morning cartoons. Kind of hard to watch some of the knife kills.

The only real stand out negative was during a Vietnam mission. You are trying to drive back a NVA assault and a map marker appears on your HUD. Problem is the enemy has infinite spawns. They keep spawning from the exact same location and they IMMEDIATELY respawn once you kill one. The only way to stop the waves of soldiers is to run to the map marker. This is actually common in Call of Duty games, but this is the single most obvious and obnoxious use of this gameplay mechanic in the series history (and I've played every CoD game that has graced the PC & Xbox - Xbox 360). This was the only time during the campaign that my grin faded and I started cursing at the screen. Luckily this is a short section, but it took me 10 tries to finally overcome it. The respawning was that bad.

This was really a breath of fresh air for the series and I think it is in good hands.

The only real stand out negative was during a Vietnam mission. You are trying to drive back a NVA assault and a map marker appears on your HUD. Problem is the enemy has infinite spawns. They keep spawning from the exact same location and they IMMEDIATELY respawn once you kill one. The only way to stop the waves of soldiers is to run to the map marker. This is actually common in Call of Duty games, but this is the single most obvious and obnoxious use of this gameplay mechanic in the series history (and I've played every CoD game that has graced the PC & Xbox - Xbox 360). This was the only time during the campaign that my grin faded and I started cursing at the screen. Luckily this is a short section, but it took me 10 tries to finally overcome it. The respawning was that bad.

This was really a breath of fresh air for the series and I think it is in good hands.

Huh, I think this was the only mark kotaku noticed to.

And I can't help but feel a bit satisfied that West and Zamp can take their self importance down a notch.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.