RANDOM VIDEO GAME NEWS THREAD!

Gorth

Seems like mocking to me, but I must be paranoid about these kinds of things.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Let's all assume middle of the road between mocking and honor. Pity.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

I agree with Randy Smith though that many games are too artificially long these days. Never finished Mafia 2 for instance because it was such a drag (seriously, driving 10 min long to a destination and then distributing cigarettes? WTF?)

Trim the fat of these 12 hour campaigns down to maybe 5 hours and make every single minute exciting and memorable.

RPGs might be an exception due to their structure and storytelling, but as for action games, they indeed wear out too fast.

Edited by Morgoth

I don't dare to watch that! Is it full of spoilers?

it just looks really bad... not what you expect from games in 2010. the animation is weird. not sure if that's a spoiler, but you can ride a horse and it's the worst horse animation I've seen in years.

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

I don't dare to watch that! Is it full of spoilers?

it just looks really bad... not what you expect from games in 2010. the animation is weird. not sure if that's a spoiler, but you can ride a horse and it's the worst horse animation I've seen in years.

Uh, I disagree completely. It is fantastic looking and the animations were solid. Leaps and bounds above the original. It looks fairly similar to Risen, which I thought was a great looking game, with a few good improvements.

the video doesn't do it justice then? it certainly doesn't look any good to me :ermm:

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

Dragon Knight saga, the master edition of Divinity 2: Ego Draconis, is out on Steam as of today

I'll have to check that out.

Just found myself wondering why DKS was $10 cheaper than ED, but then I noticed they have different publishers.

Edit: Wait a second, Ghost of Sparta is out? It's not March!

Edited by Tale
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."