RANDOM VIDEO GAME NEWS THREAD!

Gorth

So you didn't like XCom?

No, not at all. For some reason I always felt X-Com was turn-based strategy while Jagged Alliance 2 was turn-based RPG.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

So you didn't like XCom?

ha, took it right out of my mouth :thumbsup: seriously though, X-Com (or UFO, w/e) has got to be the best TB-game and one of the best games of all time, JA2 is small time compared to this mammoth)

XCOM was a fantastic game, but JA2's Turn Based Combat absolutely demolishes XCOMs.

hm, I don't remember it being that different. maybe the enemy AI in X-Com is a lot worse, I don't recall. but the only big difference as far as I can remember is the possibility to conserve action points in JA2 thanks to the integrated role-playing system. oh, and being able to go prone

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

So you didn't like XCom?

No, not at all. For some reason I always felt X-Com was turn-based strategy while Jagged Alliance 2 was turn-based RPG.

Sure JA 2 is more mature but the foundations are build upon X-Com, especially when you consider that it was obviously influenced by it...

I came up with Crate 3.0 technology. 

Crate 4.0 - we shall just have to wait and see.

Down and out on the Solomani Rim
Now the Spinward Marches don't look so GRIM!

Mass Effect 2 PS3 will not have any exclusive content other than the ME1 comic book. The 6 hour content thing had to do with translation problems. Those 6 hours are the DLC available on Xbox 360.

http://social.bioware.com/forum/1/topic/10...188310&lf=8

Indeed. The only exclusive content is the comic, but there's "exclusive" content that I take to be the gear that was released in different (pre-release) promotions.

I think they are handling the port in a pretty elegant fashion, but I doubt anybody here cares about my opinion. :thumbsup:

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

New Crysis 2 screenshots

This game looks a lot better than Crysis 1. Mostly because everything isn't just some green trees.

Sure it looks great. But... the game itself? Meh...

How would you know? Have you played it?

Crysis certainly wasn't brilliant, but at least it seems Crytek is learning. A NYC setting for starters is much more interesting playfield than some tropical island.

Guillermo Del Toro's Lovecraftian horror game to be revealed on VGAs next month

This could be amazing but chances are it won't.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

Guillermo Del Toro's Lovecraftian horror game to be revealed on VGAs next month

That article says "Lovecraftian Themes" not Lovecraftian. Not the same thing. For example: Hellboy had lovecraftian themes, but I wouldn't call it Lovecraftian.

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

I think to be lovecraftian, A) there have to be things that are so far beyond the characters it's not funny B) Supernatural entities don't care about humans at all because we're so insignificant and C) Heros never win... ever. Even if they win in the short term, in the long term that just means they're even more screwed.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

This baby will be mine on Friday. :)

Hopefully the English localization won't completely suck balls.

Wow, I had almost forgotten that I have this on preorder for Friday! Guess I'm going to have to marathon play Fallout: New Vegas until Thursday night then..

And who cares if the voice overs are a little whack? I had tons of fun with Two Worlds despite (or perhaps because of) the ridiculous voices.

I can't help it, guys. the animation in this game is really very bad. reminds me of old monsters like Anachronox, Giants and the like. most of the cut-scenes rely heavily on your imagination :) and then there's the lockpicking minigame, custom spells, hopping horses... oh boy, I was thinking about getting it after listening to you guys give praises to it, but I don't anymore :(

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

After playing FO:NV, how you can even complain about animations... emoemotsmug.gif

Two worlds rocks, and The Witcher 2 better has a similar combat system instead of all the QTE nonsense.

Edited by virumor

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

I can't help it, guys. the animation in this game is really very bad. reminds me of old monsters like Anachronox, Giants and the like. most of the cut-scenes rely heavily on your imagination :) and then there's the lockpicking minigame, custom spells, hopping horses... oh boy, I was thinking about getting it after listening to you guys give praises to it, but I don't anymore :(

Everything you said about the game is probably true and yet I still think I will enjoy it. I guess I am easy to please.

Swedish mag Gamereactor gave it 7/10,review is not available online yet.

And let me guess.. Black Ops got 10/10 in the same mag, correct?

Gamereactor is just. So. Bad.