RANDOM VIDEO GAME NEWS THREAD!

Gorth

from what I heard, Quantum of Solace was an average game. there are better ones out there (obviously)

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Squeenix kinda failed at market research for FFXIII. From the sound of it, they didn't even care about the global market until somebody from the dev team slapped the producers over their heads.

C&C could use another good shooter after Renegade.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Steam surpasses 30 million active account mark*

*Active account is an account that has been online in the last 30 days and owns at least one game according to Steam's forums.

Also:

In addition to new user growth, Steam sales during the trailing 12 months increased by more than 200%, putting it on track for a sixth straight year of realizing over 100% year-over-year growth in unit sales. To meet this demand, the Steam infrastructure has been increased and now has ability to run at 400Gps, enough bandwidth to ship a digitized version of the Oxford English Dictionary 92.6 times per second.
Edited by Purkake

Steam surpasses 30 million active account mark*

*Active account is an account that has been online in the last 30 days and own at least one game according to Steam's forums.

And they say PC gaming is dead.

Well half the games on there are console ports.

How does that change anything?

I consider "pc gaming" to be games that are made exclusively for PC first, and not made either in tandem or ported to the pc's from consoles.

I consider "pc gaming" to be games that are made exclusively for PC first, and not made either in tandem or ported to the pc's from consoles.

If that's your metric you could probably make arguments that "XBOX Gaming" or "PS3 Gaming" is dying too.

If that's your metric you could probably make arguments that "XBOX Gaming" or "PS3 Gaming" is dying too.

OMFG gaming is dying! :(

I came up with Crate 3.0 technology. 

Crate 4.0 - we shall just have to wait and see.

Down and out on the Solomani Rim
Now the Spinward Marches don't look so GRIM!

Eh, console gaming is games that have been designed to suit the console controller/specs. CoD2 and several of the first person shooters count, along with half the ports you currently see on steam.

Also, Apparently Zynga (of farmville fame) has basically been selling your Facebook information

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000142405...l?mod=yhoofront

Edited by Calax