What you did today

Gorth

Pleased to report that in spite of being laid up for the best part of a week, my diet and no booze seem to be having an effect. I'm still a tubby bastard, but my torso doesn't actually bulge any more! Took my belt in a notch also.

Gratz Wals..

To round out how my week is going.. Friday arrived. The doorbell went early. I leapt up to answer it..made it to the door of the room I was in..and suddenly, for no reason that I can understand.. I found myself falling backwards. I bounced my head off the floor loud enough to startle everyone in the house. My neck is now having a joyful throbbing ache, a quite amazing bruise on the back of my head, about three seperate patches of grazes along one arm (again, no clue how that happened), that headbang induced sick feeling and as I realise the pleasantness of Fallout New Vegas having arrived.. I find out the family has volunteered my services as a physical labourer to help a family friend shift things this morning...

I hate t osay this, but anything like a concussion should be checked by a doctor. At least this should get you off heavy lifting.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

I hate t osay this, but anything like a concussion should be checked by a doctor. At least this should get you off heavy lifting.

To prove my macho insanity.. (or my monty pythonism) I shall merely say "Hah. Tis but a flesh wound."

But seriously, a cup of tea seems to be settling the sick feeling, and I'm not pulling any dizzy. Just that background headache and whiplash effect in my neck.

Besides, if I don't provide the help, I just know my dad will go and try helping. Which will then mean we'll probably end up hearing about his back problems for the next week... ;) Some things are worth the suffering. Some aren't..

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

You;re clearly not going to go see the doc on this occasion, but you really should. Head injuries can do all kinds of nasty stuff you don't even realise is going on until they smack you flat.

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Well back from the physical labour.. it turned out to be dismantling and moving a Myford Lathe. A rather large and weighty piece of equipment.

Still, things seem mostly settled, just the background headache.

And I do appreciate the concern and wisdom of all. The trouble is getting an appointment with my GP will end up being in two weeks + (if the standard runs to norm) and if I go to Casualty (A&E to you colonials) since I didn't lose consciousness or have any blood pouring out, I'd be sat there waiting for about 7 hours. (Seriously, I did part-time work at the Hospital some years ago during Uni and with a hospital uniform and a bleeding headwound I got sat in casualty from about 20:15 and didn't have a doctor to see me until about 0730. That was a fun night.) But I had no blurry vision and the slightly sick feeling passed very quickly. So I'm just going to take it easy for a few hours now and see how it goes.

Plus I've spent way too much time dealing with hospitals with family. I'm.. resistant to the idea unless I'm halfway to deaths door. It's irrational I know..but it's something that's developed over the years.

The nausea is a very clear sign of a concussion. You really should go see a doctor to be safe. Your brain could be bleeding.

When I first saw this I thought it said "your brain could be blessed" O.o

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

The nausea is a very clear sign of a concussion. You really should go see a doctor to be safe. Your brain could be bleeding.

When I first saw this I thought it said "your brain could be blessed" O.o

Well, I've always thought you were a bit blessed in the brain, Calax >_<

Well if all we can do is hope you ain't bleeding in the brain then I guess that's what we'll do. Just don't forget bloody Sand. :(

-Elwood Blues

Lost 1/3 of a tooth to a pizza. Or an olive that had that hard core thing (what do you call those in English?), when it wasn't supposed to. Good thing is there wasn't any apparent root damage (I'd had root canal for that tooth, so I risked losing the whole damn thing), but I'll only know finally in a couple of months. Bad thing is that my rent money went there, and getting it in the back is in the hands of a couple of Kurdish guys and their insurance company. The owner is a nice guy, but I'm already writing an application for summons, just in case. :(

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Well if all we can do is hope you ain't bleeding in the brain then I guess that's what we'll do. Just don't forget bloody Sand. :-

Yeah, bloody sand sucks. So don't brain-bleed on the beach.

Do you see what you're Brit-slang does to your sentences?

In English the middle of the olive is a stone, or a 'pit' a derivative of pip.

Thanks, I was thinking of stone, but I was thinking it might have been a false friend (that's what it's called in Finnish...)

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Thanks, I was thinking of stone, but I was thinking it might have been a false friend (that's what it's called in Finnish...)

FYI, in the U.S., "pit" is by far the more common term. "Stone" is still in the dictionary, but a lot of people would look at you funny if you starting talking about an "olive stone" (or cherry, peach, etc.).

Edited by Enoch

FYI, in the U.S., "pit" is by far the more common term. "Stone" is still in the dictionary, but a lot of people would look at you funny if you starting talking about an "olive stone" (or cherry, peach, etc.).

I blame Mister Webster, it was him what made you talk funny.

sonsofgygax.JPG

Well woke up with a little bit of a headache, and an annoying neck ache.. and now I am going to make time to sit down and play some Fallout New Vegas dammit. I has it, I wants it, and I'm going to goshdarn play it.

Well woke up with a little bit of a headache, and an annoying neck ache.. and now I am going to make time to sit down and play some Fallout New Vegas dammit. I has it, I wants it, and I'm going to goshdarn play it.

If you die because you played FONV instead of going to hospital I promise you right now I am going to piss on your grave.

-Elwood Blues

If you die because you played FONV instead of going to hospital I promise you right now I am going to piss on your grave.

That's okay Wals, I gave my folks orders to make sure you get an invitation to the funeral if I drop dead this weekend..

But seriously, my head feels fine. It's the way my neck's aching either side that's a pain. Has that stiffness like I pulled something, ah well, I am sure it'll settle down.

Still, I'm going to have a quiet night and either read a bit or get in some more FONV.. haven't quite decided yet.. No wild parties tonight.. :(

Leaving a light burning isn't an empty gesture of absent mindedness. It is a heroic gesture of pride, resonating in the darkness of eternity like the tolling of a great brass bell.

LOL! Hubby will be glad to know he's doing something so heroic! :thumbsup:

...so lost into New Vegas that I forgot about the Giants ballgame. Missed the 1st 3 innings but hubs was watching so he told me about the almost-fight. I figure if it's not an actual fight, I didn't miss anything. Come on Giants, I'd love to see that Texas/SF WS!

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Yay! SF Giants to the World Series! *raises a glass*

....if you'd told me it'd be Giants/Rangers a while back, I would've been a serious doubter. Glad to be wrong.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Last night I went to a buddy's 30th Birthday, and we were drinking this Blonde Bock by Gordon Beirsh. Apparently it has a 7.2 alcohol content, and I've been sick all day. My wife told my daughter I ate too much Halloween candy >_<

Giants are going to the World Series though, so a celebration was in order.

I was at an Ultimate tournament this weekend in Pittsburgh. We went 6-1, losing only to Pittsburgh themselves (currently ranked #3 in the nation). We competed with them losing 15-12, which isn't too bad at all. We also qualified for a Nationals tournament being held in Myrtle Beach, South Carolina later in November.

it's after midnight

HAPPY BIRTHDAY KOR >_<

Thanks, Shryke!

I had a very long day today. Up before six to get ready for work, then immediately after my nine and a half hours of servitude were up it was off to the fiancee's place for a birthday supper with her family and mine. They wanted to wait until tomorrow, but I have to work late.

My future mother in law makes the bestest homemade carrot cake. Nom Nom.

Tomorrow is going to be a real hootenanny as well. I get to sleep in (thank jebus), then my first task of the day is to go see a mortgage broker.

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.