Dragon Age 2

"False. Most of the mods that received good ratings in the early months are horrendously overrated and clearly results of people being impressed that campaigns can be created overall. Most of it is pure junk. I'd say the good mods didn't start coming until several years after its release and even so, the high quality mods are faaar from being as numerous as some people would claim."

You are wrong. NWN was getting good mods within months. No doubt about it. If it hadn't, the toolset/modding community for it would have pitiful much like NWN2 and DA are.

Edited by Volourn

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

...but the mods are pretty cheesey to be honest.

Sure some of them might be, but, really, quite a few are far better -and less "cheesey"- than the official NWN campaigns. :o

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot

That's not saying much. The official NWN campaigns killed my childhood.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

any examples of mods, that were "better than the original campaign"? I wanted to remove NWN from the PC yesterday, but you guys just sparkled my interest

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

There's one guy who had a series of pretty good, if short, modules - Adam something, was it? One of them was Dark Waters.

Also there's Lute Hero, I don't know if it ever got released, but it was hilarious:

There were a few other decent ones. But I don't know, I think the sheer size of the modding community was a major achievement, there were a few accomplished mods, but I think for the most part the NWN mods were great at gameplay additions, new models, textures, extending engine capabilities, etc. Mods with good writing, plot and well-constructed experiences? No, not much at all, you're much better off looking at the BG2 scene for that. Seems to be the same with Morrowind & Oblivion, actually, this trend.

although I don't think I'd have enjoyed it, Lute Hero looks pretty cool, reminded me of Brutal Legend. I'll take a look at Dark Waters

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

I think he incorporated Lute Hero into the Dark Waters campaign, don't know which chapter though. I found that campaign to be rather amazing on the level of scripting wizardry involved but I was not that impressed otherwise.

For NWN1, I really enjoyed the Almraiven mod. Not because it had amazing roleplaying or anything, because it didn't. But the atmosphere was absolutely spot-on, one of the best renditions of a city I've seen. The decision to break the city into many rather small areas worked very well, even more-so now when loading times aren't as big as they were back in the day.

For NWN2, my favorite thus far is Trinity. Really enjoyed the gameplay on that one, felt very old-school PnP-ish. There's a few really nice looking mods coming out soon, including a mod that's done by one of the Ossian people (he did the Saleron's Gambit series for NWN1, good mods as far as I can remember).

Listen to my home-made recordings (some original songs, some not): http://www.youtube.c...low=grid&view=0

" No, not much at all, you're much better off looking at the BG2 scene for that."

Kiddin' right? BG2 mods sucked horribly with terible writing, characters, and other crap. The ES series including its mods just plain sucks. NWN mods, by and large, are simply vastly sueprior in every way.

Edited by Volourn

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

That was always the benefit for the Kotor modding scene.. Ropey dialogue was expected in Star Wars stuff. :sorcerer:

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

While the trailer was nicely done (most trailers seem to be), it didn't show as much about Hawke's companions as the DA:O one did. That one included Sten, Morrigan and Leliana. This one had Hawke fighting a revamped Qunari, and thinking back about some obscure pirate girl.

Also, I'm guessing the default Hawke is a mage then, based on what he did in that trailer?

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

I've yet to see a mage wield such a gigantic sword. The trailer suggests Hawke is some sort of Geralt ripoff (fencer + some magic).

"We do not quit playing because we grow old, we grow old because we quit playing." - Oliver Wendell Holmes

the more I see, the more it looks like The Witcher meets Final Fantasy :ermm:

Walsingham said:

the more I see, the more it looks like The Witcher meets Final Fantasy :ermm:

I think there have been a few things mentioned that have made me think of Witcher, but then again, I haven't played it (yet). Maybe when the dissertation is done, I'll reward myself with that one.

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

The actual game and characters look like **** compared to the trailer. Just like with the Sacred Ashes.

There's a saying in Kentucky, fool me once... fool me twice and you can't get fooled again.

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

It was a montage or ridiculous facial expressions between some glowy sword fighting, yay.

Dragon Age's advertising has always been terrible. More melodramatic or NEW **** than the actual game turned out to be.

Not that Origins didn't at least try to be dark, edgy, and brooding. They were just smart enough to toss in three characters that were actually FUN to balance it out.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

It was a montage or ridiculous facial expressions between some glowy sword fighting, yay.

Dragon Age's advertising has always been terrible. More melodramatic or NEW **** than the actual game turned out to be.

Not that Origins didn't at least try to be dark, edgy, and brooding. They were just smart enough to toss in three characters that were actually FUN to balance it out.

I only count 2, who's the third?

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

I think there have been a few things mentioned that have made me think of Witcher, but then again, I haven't played it (yet). Maybe when the dissertation is done, I'll reward myself with that one.

to be honest I liked The Witcher a lot more than I did DA: O :ermm: and I guess I wasn't alone in this, judging by the developer's actions. but it won't save Bio from the humiliation that will certainly follow when The Witcher 2 hits the shelves.

Walsingham said:

I only count 2, who's the third?

I count 7.