Fallout: New Vegas

Gorth

Armor does follow linear DT progressions upward, but outfits are now divided into Light/Medium/Heavy classes. Light moves without any movement penalty, Medium with some, and Heavy with more. Of course, some armor types come with their own built-in bonuses and penalties. I think there are compelling reasons to use different armor types, even toward the high end.

Care to elaborate on how these movement penalties are implemented? Because if it affects the speed at which the player walks from point to point in the gameworld outside combat, that's going be become a significant reason for me to avoid character builds that use the heavy stuff.

Armor does follow linear DT progressions upward, but outfits are now divided into Light/Medium/Heavy classes. Light moves without any movement penalty, Medium with some, and Heavy with more. Of course, some armor types come with their own built-in bonuses and penalties. I think there are compelling reasons to use different armor types, even toward the high end.

Care to elaborate on how these movement penalties are implemented? Because if it affects the speed at which the player walks from point to point in the gameworld outside combat, that's going be become a significant reason for me to avoid character builds that use the heavy stuff.

I'd like to know that too. Though, for me it would be a welcome tradeoff for high DT. No more backpedaling away from enemies without a worry (if the effect is that strong, that is).

Edited by Undecaf

Perkele, tiädäksää tuanoini!

"It's easier to tolerate idiots if you do not consider them as stupid people, but exceptionally gifted monkeys."

huh? hardcore and fast travel don't mix in my book

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

I hope taking the armor off is not the way to avoid fast travel trouble on hardcore. :shifty:

:S

Why would it not be? You get movement penalties wearing armor because they weight down your limbs (and torso), not because you lug them around tied to your back. Edited by Oner

I hope taking the armor off is not the way to avoid fast travel trouble on hardcore. :shifty:

:S

Why would it not be? You get movement penalties wearing armor because they weight down your limbs (and torso), not because you lug them around tied to your back.

But but but... traveling without armor on isn't wise... and well, fast travel offers no risks... you know what I mean?

Maybe they should offer a healthloss penalty for fasttraveling based on the distance and armor (or the lack of it). :shifty:

Perkele, tiädäksää tuanoini!

"It's easier to tolerate idiots if you do not consider them as stupid people, but exceptionally gifted monkeys."

I just thought that if the way to avoid the more serious penalties is to take off the armor then it just becomes a matter of... uh, when to take it off and when to put it back on, and there's nothing else to it other than that. Just sounds pretty wrong to me.

that doesnt seem right to me.

how does one person saying 2 lines take less space than two people saying 1 line each?

Bottom line.. it costs more to hire 2 VA then one VA to play 2 different non-major characters. Its a cost vs benefit formula and the publisher will most always go with the cost saving option when it comes to the VA.

World of Darkness News

http://www.wodnews.net

---

"I cannot profess to be a theologian; but it seems to me that Christians who believe in a super human Satan have got themselves into a logical impasse with regard to their own religion. For either God can not prevent the mischief of Satan, in which case he is not omnipotent; or else He could do so if he wished, but will not, in which case He is not benevolent. Fortunately, being a pagan witch, I am not called upon to solve this problem."

- Doreen Valiente

that doesnt seem right to me.

how does one person saying 2 lines take less space than two people saying 1 line each?

Bottom line.. it costs more to hire 2 VA then one VA to play 2 different non-major characters. Its a cost vs benefit formula and the publisher will most always go with the cost saving option when it comes to the VA.

Which really isn't that bad if the VA is talented. Think of people like Billy West on futurama.

forgive my question, but exactly is the difference between DT and DR, don't both of them reduce the total amount of hp taken off by the attack?

ie: attack does 7 damage

if DT was 3 the monster takes 4 hp of damage (because the first 3 points of damage didn't overcome the threshold)

if DR was 3, the monster also takes 4 hp of damage (because it reduced the amount of damage done by 3)

i assume that I have this wrong, but i need more explanation plz k thank you!!

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

The interview was interesting. I'm not sure what to think about Josh's opinion on AP, he was much clearer on Formsprings than there.

By the way GamesRadar's guide to New Vegas factions.

There are quite a lot of lore mistakes from what I can see (plus, they seem to consider Brotherhood Of Steel canon), but it could have been worse.

I'm getting sick of those previews. Why don't they reveal the full perk and traits list? I wonna start planing my first character now. Even the achievement list would be more interesting than one of those previews. :lol: