Fallout: New Vegas

Gorth

Anyway, interesting bits from Ausir's preview :

1) Now you have to pay for stat upgrades (implants) and there are limited slots for them (he said that in the comments section);

2) Apparently DR/DT are mutually exclusive, some armors use one some armors the other... I wouldn't mind if Josh clarified on this if he spots my post;

3) Quite a lot of nods to the first two and Van Buren (even more than I expected).

I hope you can find the implants or research them (like in F2), not just buy. and since it's initial announcement I thought it was pretty obvious that Obsidian ars gonna include as much Van Buren material as they can. seems logical to me. and I really do hope they get to develop Fallout 4... fat chance though

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

I hope you can find the implants or research them (like in F2), not just buy. and since it's initial announcement I thought it was pretty obvious that Obsidian ars gonna include as much Van Buren material as they can. seems logical to me. and I really do hope they get to develop Fallout 4... fat chance though

Fallout 4 will be Bethesda's baby. Deal with it now, otherwise you'll be disappointed later.

Fallout 4 will be Bethesda's baby. Deal with it now, otherwise you'll be disappointed later.

Unless they buy OSI by then.

This one was refreshingly honest. Not negative.

Let's be honest: Fallout NV is going to be MOTS. Big Time.

For me, personally, MOTS Fallout 3 plus some cool additions still make it potentially the best game to be released in several years. But overhyping will just lead to the inevitable backlash.

To be honest. Saying MOTS to New Vegas is like saying MOTS to Vice City/San Andreas or Fallout 2.

The most interesting changes for me atleast are the ones done to the dialog and the respect system.

And since we see several different opinions on the game, I don't think the other reviewers were any less honest.

This one was refreshingly honest. Not negative.

Let's be honest: Fallout NV is going to be MOTS. Big Time.

For me, personally, MOTS Fallout 3 plus some cool additions still make it potentially the best game to be released in several years. But overhyping will just lead to the inevitable backlash.

To be honest. Saying MOTS to New Vegas is like saying MOTS to Vice City/San Andreas or Fallout 2.

The most interesting changes for me atleast are the ones done to the dialog and the respect system.

And since we see several different opinions on the game, I don't think the other reviewers were any less honest.

It's not an insult though, just an acknowledgement that changes to the core experience are minimal. Better writing is the best part to me, but, realistically, I don't think a lot of Fallout 3 players are all that much into better writing.

As for the honesty, eh, the hype is never honest. Been around long enough to see that over and over again. Even with a game I'm looking foward to, hype is still hype.

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

i am so excited for this game.

sounds like there is way more stuff to do in it than in fallout:DC.

also, it's really damn nice that the world is going to be more "fallout" ie farming, rebuilding, towns with people and quests etc

bethfallout felt more like alice in wonderland meets fallout, the trimmings were there, but nothing made any sense.

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

It's not an insult though, just an acknowledgement that changes to the core experience are minimal. Better writing is the best part to me, but, realistically, I don't think a lot of Fallout 3 players are all that much into better writing.

As for the honesty, eh, the hype is never honest. Been around long enough to see that over and over again. Even with a game I'm looking foward to, hype is still hype.

Of course lowering your expections is good. But lowering them by nitpicking doesn't make it any more honest.

To not have a discussion here about this topic, please refer to every Left for Dead 2 thread before release. :shifty:

Edited by C2B

more of the same would only bother me if the same sucked.

left 4 dead 2 was great, fallout 2 was great, starcraft 2 was great etc etc

there are a few series where more of the same lead to stagnation, but usually those series didn't have enough awesome material making up the core experience to warrant more of it.

btw, the preview where they guy was complaining about the demo was one of the worst pieces of journalism i've suffered through. "waaaaa the demo just puts me into the wasteland and doesnt have enough actiony stuff for me to gawk at waaaaaaa" not to mention, he thought fallout 3 was a 20-30 hour game... i'm not a superfan and even I spent more like 60-100 hours exploring the capitol wasteland.

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

The very best part of it for me is not being able to steamroll through the wasteland doing whatever the **** I want without getting killed. I hope traveling is risky. I'm just wondering how difficult the higher levels can be though. Wonder how the high level areas are handled.

I hate all the DLC talk around the internet. It's just so early, the game is not even out yet.

Also I very much hate DLC in general. We need more expansions. :(

If Obsidian does get to make DLC, I hope they don't go for the Operation Anchorage kind of thing.