What you did today

Gorth

Late-night summer thunderstorms are cool. Just sat out on my porch for 15 minutes to watch one roll by.

Installing that porch swing is by far my favorite of the improvements we've made on the house since moving in. (Although the dead-ceiling-fan replacement I did in the master bedroom 2 weeks ago was a huge relief, replacing something that broke doesn't really count as an 'improvement' in my book.)

Rotten mood today so am going to stay off the fora. Two work packages not selected. 4 left, so I don't know why I'm so mahdi.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

I take it your cousin is the blurry one with the missing tooth?

It was taken in the congo when he was out there doing sound for a documentary crew.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

An old Albanian native friend of mine from middle school stopped by for a visit, he recently got married and brought his wife with him. :bow:

She's ****ing gorgeous.

Edited by Syraxis

Going to do university tutoring for third year media. I can't remember what the hell we used to do in tutorials, though, so it's scary.

What makes a good tutor? From what I remember, smart people that didn't waste my time. That's about it.

If you want a really bizarre conversation try ringing up a company to do them a favour for no particular reason. I spotted a potential sale for a local engineering firm and spent about thirty minutes explaining how I didn't want anything I was just making them aware of something.

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

This thread is packed full of ultimate win.

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.p...3191&page=5

Thanks a lot, man. That's thirty minutes laughing like a t***.

-Elwood Blues

Repaired three laptops for my cousin, was rewarded $100 gift card to best buy (they were simple OS reinstall jobs). Pretty useful since I've decided to seriously cut back on entertainment expenses, saving up for a myriad of things.

An old Albanian native friend of mine from middle school stopped by for a visit, he recently got married and brought his wife with him. ;(

She's ****ing gorgeous.

Spent a few moments pondering this: Though arranged he got married pretty young, hope he doesn't regret it in a few years time. No more youth 4 u dude. :lol:

Edited by Syraxis

pretty sure i did a silly

a friend of my flatmate's came down to visit on holiday, and somehow that night we ended up sleeping together. ever since he's been really quiet and i think he's a bit upset, but he's said nothing to either her or i when we've asked if he's okay

i think she's leaving today, so i'm going to sit him down tonight and try and clear everything up. i don't want it to be awkward with the three of us. especially considering as she's now wanting to move down to wellington and pretty much has a flat sorted already

go me ;)

when your mind works against you - fight back with substance abuse!

Yard work is done, and yet it's never done. If I wasn't at least minimally concerned with possible resale value, I'd just cement it all over.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

a friend of my flatmate's came down to visit on holiday, and somehow that night we ended up sleeping together. ever since he's been really quiet and i think he's a bit upset, but he's said nothing to either her or i when we've asked if he's okay

i think she's leaving today, so i'm going to sit him down tonight and try and clear everything up. i don't want it to be awkward with the three of us. especially considering as she's now wanting to move down to wellington and pretty much has a flat sorted already

go me ;)

You should never sleep with your flatmate, it always makes for a bad situation.

go me :grin:

You should never sleep with your flatmate, it always makes for a bad situation.

Given the choice between sleeping with somebody and not sleeping with somebody, it's always better to live with the consequences of having slept with them.

Ok, I missed a threesome last weekend, so I might not be the most reliable judge in this situation. :down:

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Tried to wake my desktop up from sleep mode thismorning to discover that my video card wasn't working. It's 3 years old (an 8800GTS, 320MB version), so a total failure of some kind would not surprise me. I got the machine operating in beautiful 4-color 640X480, and backed up everything I think I might need onto my external HD. (Which is my SOP before doing any kind of hardware work, inspection, cleaning, etc.) That made me late for work, so I haven't gotten to popping the box open and making sure that it isn't just a loose wire or something.

Still, I suspect that I will spend some break time during work today browsing through newegg and the like...

Our plan to have enough to retire semi-early hit a wall...oh well. Back to the drawing board. It's not like we're not moderately comfortable...but it sure would be nice to retire before we're 75, assuming we live that long. :)

On the bright side, my dwarf hamsters like banana, which is too farking cute. Stress-relieving cute and more cute, that's my hammies.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Tried to wake my desktop up from sleep mode thismorning to discover that my video card wasn't working. It's 3 years old (an 8800GTS, 320MB version), so a total failure of some kind would not surprise me. I got the machine operating in beautiful 4-color 640X480, and backed up everything I think I might need onto my external HD. (Which is my SOP before doing any kind of hardware work, inspection, cleaning, etc.) That made me late for work, so I haven't gotten to popping the box open and making sure that it isn't just a loose wire or something.

Still, I suspect that I will spend some break time during work today browsing through newegg and the like...

Update: Wiggling all the connections worked! I'm guessing that the earthquake this morning (which I slept through) jostled something loose. I was kinda looking forward to the upgrade, but it will be a lot easier now that I can put off tackling it until after our vacation at the end of the month. And the impetus to do some backup that this incident gave me is probably a good thing.

I got home from a bad day at work and found another rejection letter for my manuscript in the mail. Oh well. I think tonight I'm going to take a bottle of bourbon, a bowl of ice, a single glass, and my XM radio on channel 13 and sit on my porch and get good an truly drunk. I've got a case of Sam Adams and a bottle of Knob Creek, that should get the job done.

By they way, please allow me to apologize now for anything I might post later tonight...

I'm sorry.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

I got home from a bad day at work and found another rejection letter for my manuscript in the mail. Oh well. I think tonight I'm going to take a bottle of bourbon, a bowl of ice, a single glass, and my XM radio on channel 13 and sit on my porch and get good an truly drunk. I've got a case of Sam Adams and a bottle of Knob Creek, that should get the job done.

By they way, please allow me to apologize now for anything I might post later tonight...

I'm sorry.

What's your book about? One day I'll write a book. I've been kicking around a couple of ideas for a couple years now, but one day I'll revolutionize the industry with my modern take on the slavery and exploitation of cat-mankind.

Tonight I'm meeting up with some friends to go drinking/hookah. I invited a girl but shes working tomorrow so I don't really want her to come now because I want to get mutually drunk and make a move instead of me just being an idiot. But alas I'm eating a steak salad I made and it's pretty good.

Earlier today I did 10x10 squats and then some deadlifting so my legs are completely jello right now and I had a relatively gnarly migraine but its just starting to subside. Going to do laundry and relax now until the night falls upon us but its still going to be hotter than bawls out and I'll sweat like some sort of wild animal. I hate this infernal desert.

Edit: Also some weird guy was watching me squat for roughly 87 reps (approx. 26 minutes).

Edited by theslug

There was a time when I questioned the ability for the schizoid to ever experience genuine happiness, at the very least for a prolonged segment of time. I am no closer to finding the answer, however, it has become apparent that contentment is certainly a realizable goal. I find these results to be adequate, if not pleasing. Unfortunately, connection is another subject entirely. When one has sufficiently examined the mind and their emotional constructs, connection can be easily imitated. More data must be gleaned and further collated before a sufficient judgment can be reached.

Update: Wiggling all the connections worked! I'm guessing that the earthquake this morning (which I slept through) jostled something loose. I was kinda looking forward to the upgrade, but it will be a lot easier now that I can put off tackling it until after our vacation at the end of the month. And the impetus to do some backup that this incident gave me is probably a good thing.

Ugh. More problems. I've moved the issue over to Skeeters.

Amused to discover that I haven't lost ALL of my muscle tone. The fire alarm went off when I was still asleep, and after (as it were) a silent count of three I catapulted off the bed from the foetal position in a single bound and hit the floor running. False alarm, as it happens, but as good as a cup of coffee.

Sorry to hear about your book, GD. I know I should remember, but what's it about?

-Elwood Blues

I normally don't post here but I had a crazy day.

After/during a 13 hour work day.

-A driver RIGHT in front of me had their tire explode on the highway peppering my car with rubber. No damage to vehicle or people luckily. I see shredded tire all the time on the highway, but that was the first time I had seen it actually happen first hand.

-I heard one of those Lewis Black: If it weren't for my horse discussions while waiting in line at Best Buy.

Guy: "Think there will be landmines?"

Woman: "There are only landmines at Christmas."

I so wanted to turn around and ask what they were talking about. Instead it will eat at me for the rest of my life. I'm just going to assume they were talking about a video game or something. :lol:

-I saw one of the most beautiful sunsets I've ever seen. It was insane, bright and vibrant sunlight on one side like it was broad daylight, dark thunder clouds on the other side.

-A massive ugly black beetle with huge antenae was sitting on my porch when I got home. Is that bad luck? :huh:

-The neighbor got sick and asked me to watch her dog for a day or two.

All in all a good day. :thumbsup:

Edited by GreasyDogMeat

Today I realized I use "etc" far too much when I type, lately. I cured myself of over-using "awesome" most of the time, time to work on this one now. haha :thumbsup:

Family reunion today. It was a lot more fun than I thought it would be.

Hey now, my mother is huge and don't you forget it. The drunk can't even get off the couch to make herself a vodka drenched sandwich. Octopus suck.