What you did today

Gorth

I got along with my roommate in college well enough, but we had little in common. I ended up joining a Fraternity and moving out by Spring Break. I know you are a bit older Calax, but don't write them off completely. There are all sorts of different Fraternities, and actually most of the guys in my house were in their mid-20's.

...or going to see a friend's first ever burlesque performance

This. :lol:

yeah so it turns out it was a competition type thingy, and her and another chick i know ended up winning it

i'd say definitely not bad for her first time :)

when your mind works against you - fight back with substance abuse!

I got along with my roommate in college well enough, but we had little in common. I ended up joining a Fraternity and moving out by Spring Break. I know you are a bit older Calax, but don't write them off completely. There are all sorts of different Fraternities, and actually most of the guys in my house were in their mid-20's.

I'm not writing him off... it's just that he doesn't really talk, or do much of anything it seems. I tried to be social when I got here, but I don't really want to spend the effort repeating things four times for him to understand me. Our bathroom door broke on the inside (so you couldn't get out of the bathroom without help) and I had talked to the desk about maintenance. I told him this and said that if he wanted to he could go down and talk to them to... he did, and came back saying that we needed to go online to this website (I hadn't been told this) and that he would do it... but it ended up that I did it because he didn't know enough English to fill out the proper forms. I don't want to have to be the initiator and party leader of everything that we do, and have to keep doing what he says he'll do. So basically I figure I'd just find friends outside the room.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

The raccoons are back...this time with 5 little ones. They eat all the broken, fallen avocados in our yard. Don't usually feed raccoons but eh, they showed up near the door at a time I was walking by....I still had old dry cat food & those small guys were too cute. Only way to get pictures. o:) Mama let her kids eat first before she ambled on over herself. I always wonder where they go during the day, in a city like this.

raccoon-12a.jpgraccoon-11a.jpg

raccoon-17a.jpg

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Yeah, I wouldn't feed racoons. Ever. Don't care if they're adorable. They're dangerous and encouraging them to come near human habitation is pretty much asking for them to pillage people's garbage, and could lead to a rabid racoon attack, IMO.

Edited by Amentep

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

Eh...I have a healthy respect for nature but I'm not one to be paranoid/annoyed with it. I'm more afraid of unseen ticks & mosquito as far as disease goes. *shudder*

But I certainly don't recommend trying to actually pet raccoons or standing too close. That actually would be foolish. I've fed two (maybe the same one?) twice in 2.5 years, to take pictures (zoom lenses keep me far away). I never encouraged them to show up in the first place - they were coming into our yard since the 1st day we moved in here, I hear them loudly jump the fence every night which initially drove me crazy when I didn't know what it was, heh. I'm used to it now & hardly notice, funny how that works. This is a dog-owner heavy (and some cats) area, & I suspect some of them leave pet food/water out all night so the 'coons keep coming. Also, the 30-40 ft avocado tree that overhangs our yard is one of the attractions, so unless I can get my neighbors to chop it down (which I wouldn't anyway, I like the tree) they're going to keep coming.

Edited by LadyCrimson
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Yeah you can't necessarily stop them coming. I just wouldn't feel comfortable putting stuff out for them (I'm just weird that way).

Oddly we never get raccoons (which may be why when I see them they make me paranoid because seeing a raccoon around here usually means its rabid) but we do get opossums all the time.

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

At our previous house (a lot more grassland there) we had a couple large possums coming around. I took care of an old stray cat who 'adopted' our back yard until she died, and I learned possums like cat food too. So I had to feed her/take the dishes away.

I'm surprised to see raccoons at this house actually. It's not the kind of city-area you'd think they'd be in. Several miles to the west, yes, where there are a lot more trees/hills, but not right here. I guess they hide in the bits of marshland or in the sewers at daytime.

The raccoons are back...this time with 5 little ones. They eat all the broken, fallen avocados in our yard. Don't usually feed raccoons but eh, they showed up near the door at a time I was walking by....I still had old dry cat food & those small guys were too cute. Only way to get pictures. :( Mama let her kids eat first before she ambled on over herself. I always wonder where they go during the day, in a city like this.

raccoon-12a.jpgraccoon-11a.jpg

raccoon-17a.jpg

Can you eat them? They probably need slow-cooking, but I reckon with some onions, garlic and wine they'd be groovy.

sonsofgygax.JPG

Don't you watch the Discovery & Science channel survival shows? Of course you can! Gut 'em mash 'em boil em stick 'em in a stew...

Don't you watch the Discovery & Science channel survival shows? Of course you can! Gut 'em mash 'em boil em stick 'em in a stew...

potatowned.gif

In 7th grade, I teach the students how Chuck Norris took down the Roman Empire, so it is good that you are starting early on this curriculum.

R.I.P. KOTOR 2003-2008 KILLED BY THOSE GREEDY MONEY-HOARDING ************* AND THEIR *****-*** MMOS

They look like they'd taste like rabbit only darker. So yeah, rosemary, and slow cooking. Something red and tanniny to go with...

EDIT: Today I took basically the whole day off and thought about life, death etc. Pretty relaxing. Felt sad about my mum foinf, as I gradually got my head around what she'd been trying to achieve and why she was such a pain in the hole.

Edited by Walsingham

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

I had another lousy day, which was one of a long line of lousy days. I think I'm having my mid life crisis. I look back at my life, particularly my career and I'm really disappointed at how it's all turned out. So tonight I am going to do what I usally do when thouse thoughts come up. I'm going to drown them in really good bourbon and watch a ball game on TV. Ahhh sweet Knob Creek, wherever would I be without your rich, smoky tast that burns just a bit going down. At least at first it does.

If you ever want to try some really good stuff, try this. If it wasn't for this I could honestly say nothing good ever came from Kentucky:

http://www.knobcreek.com/lpa

Edited by Guard Dog

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

i now have a niece :)

Damn you, Ebay!

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

I woke up at seven. Got out of bed at nine. Had Ben & Jerry's for breakfast (Fairly Nuts, fittingly). Got to work after noon. I've probably gained 25 lbs after getting dumped in March.

I don't think it's the "dumped" bit any longer, it's more like starting to think that I'm going to be alone for the rest of my life, because I don't want to live with a domineering entitlement-complexed hag like so many of my friends. Ie. I don't have the fear of being 'alone' that makes a lot of people do stupid things, but it still doesn't mean I particularly like it.

Anyway, renewed my gym membership, hopefully I'll manage to dig enough from my mental reserves to go there this week, and then start regularly again.

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

In life terms I'd say 25 lbs of excess fat is better than 80 lbs of excess a-hole.

Got confirmation that a big contract has got through to the final hurdle of comissioning. Fingers and toes crossed.

-Elwood Blues

I just stumbled upon this forum. Looks like a cool place to hang out.

I wouldn't make a habit of coming to this place. There are people and... things here that you couldn't possibly imagine. The lucky few to escape can only do so by abandoning their dreams, hopes, love and sanity; forsaking all the things that make them human and leaving behind nothing but a fragile empty shell of human flesh. The rest of us remain, trapped in this dismal hell for eternity.

However every once in a blue moon I make a sodomy joke and get hounded by the mods, that is my only solace.

There was a time when I questioned the ability for the schizoid to ever experience genuine happiness, at the very least for a prolonged segment of time. I am no closer to finding the answer, however, it has become apparent that contentment is certainly a realizable goal. I find these results to be adequate, if not pleasing. Unfortunately, connection is another subject entirely. When one has sufficiently examined the mind and their emotional constructs, connection can be easily imitated. More data must be gleaned and further collated before a sufficient judgment can be reached.

Guest The Architect

It is. Welcome to the forums. How is that PrestigeWorldwide business going, by the way?

It is. Welcome to the forums. How is that PrestigeWorldwide business going, by the way?

I must be honest. It's a tough gig working for a multinational entertainment company. And some of the field work is very weird. Just yesterday, a few of us from work had to ride translucent steeds while shooting flaming arrows all the way across the bridge of Hemdale. We were supposed to finish up in Avalon, but for some reason it was too misty to continue. The senior partners were NOT impressed.