What you did today

Gorth

I type in the near-dark a lot anyway, so it would be no problem for me. :)

I looked it up on Amazon, and now I want one. Teehee.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I type in the near-dark a lot anyway, so it would be no problem for me. :*

I looked it up on Amazon, and now I want one. Teehee.

Near dark doesn't work for me, every frustration ends up with me reattaching the keys to the keyboard. Near-dark=bad idea.

Edit: Yay, i'm a Thaumaturgist :)

Edited by Orogun01
I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

http://speedtest.10-fast-fingers.com/

(typing just random listed words)

You type 388 characters per minute

You have 79 correct words and

you have 0 wrong words

79wpm

...I'm probably closer to 40wpm when typing real writing. My most common error is 'finger dyslexia' where I want to hit F and I hit J instead. Rapid delete and backspace are my friends. :)

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

http://speedtest.10-fast-fingers.com/

(typing just random listed words)

You type 388 characters per minute

You have 79 correct words and

you have 0 wrong words

79wpm

...I'm probably closer to 40wpm when typing real writing. My most common error is 'finger dyslexia' where I want to hit F and I hit J instead. Rapid delete and backspace are my friends. :)

You type 418 characters per minute

You have 75 correct words and

you have 1 wrong words

Interestingly, I have quite a few more characters than you but less words.

@TN - yeah, touch typing is a weird thing, like random words vs. trying to touch-type a whole legal document or something. :) I'm not sure I'd really call myself a touch-typist...just years of typing in the dark I know where the keys are/hand placement becomes quick & fairly automatic.

@hurlshot - awwww! love the 2nd one, lol.

@TN - yeah, touch typing is a weird thing, like random words vs. trying to touch-type a whole legal document or something. :) I'm not sure I'd really call myself a touch-typist...just years of typing in the dark I know where the keys are/hand placement becomes quick & fairly automatic.

I only managed about 288 characters and 49 words. I can't do those weird random word things. My brain just doesn't function in that manner. Give me a proper sentence to type out and I'm sure I can get going much faster than I did on that test. My typing style sounds like yours, but with my own little quirks. I don't even use all my fingers. Almost all my typing is done with my index and middle fingers. Pinky never get's used and the ring finger really is only used to hit things like A, but not Q and backspace/enter.

Thanks for the test lady I have been some what curious as to what my typing speed has devolved to since I took my business course in high school which was basically just a glorified typing class. The randomness of the words really threw me off and it took me about half of the time to really get the hang of detaching my mind. I'm sure if I was transcribing or just rewriting actual sentences my score would have been higher but I'm relatively pleased.

You type 456 characters per minute

You have 88 correct words and

you have 1 wrong words

Nothing interesting in my life. Just kind of treading water and being depressed while isolating myself from the world during the summer. All my aspirations and goals have seemed to just melt away in the last couple weeks and I spend most of the day watching/listening to media on the computer in the cool darkness of my room. Need school and internship to start then maybe begin human social reintegration. Until then just going to keep working out. I've lost 10 pounds and I'm looking to lose another 10 but at the same time replacing that with muscle. I'm done with my cut, I would say in a month or two I should have some ab's coming in, especially if I start doing morning HIIT 3-4 times a week and keeping my diet mediocre.

~the slug, this forums ray of sunlight~

There was a time when I questioned the ability for the schizoid to ever experience genuine happiness, at the very least for a prolonged segment of time. I am no closer to finding the answer, however, it has become apparent that contentment is certainly a realizable goal. I find these results to be adequate, if not pleasing. Unfortunately, connection is another subject entirely. When one has sufficiently examined the mind and their emotional constructs, connection can be easily imitated. More data must be gleaned and further collated before a sufficient judgment can be reached.

My typing style sounds like yours, but with my own little quirks. I don't even use all my fingers. Almost all my typing is done with my index and middle fingers. Pinky never get's used and the ring finger really is only used to hit things like A, but not Q and backspace/enter.

I do use all my fingers...1 typing class and 1 Mavis software program years & years ago gave me that much. However, that's only with the letter/punctuation keys and surrounding function keys. The 1-2-3 etc. number keys above, I hunt and peck. I don't use them much so no habitual training. heh

...tonight I ate too much pizza. And I'm cool with that, because it sure tasted good. ;)

My typing style sounds like yours, but with my own little quirks. I don't even use all my fingers. Almost all my typing is done with my index and middle fingers. Pinky never get's used and the ring finger really is only used to hit things like A, but not Q and backspace/enter.

I do use all my fingers...1 typing class and 1 Mavis software program years & years ago gave me that much. However, that's only with the letter/punctuation keys and surrounding function keys. The 1-2-3 etc. number keys above, I hunt and peck. I don't use them much so no habitual training. heh

I've taken what amounted to a typing class in high school and had some typing stuff in elementary but none of it stuck. I can type with every finger if I think about it, but most of the time I don't bother and I'm just as fast. With enough practice I could probably get faster if I used all my fingers, but that seems like too much work. I'm the same with the numbers/symbols. Not enough use.

You reached 183 points, so you achieved position 110557 of 383346 on the ranking list

You type 288 characters per minute

You have 51 correct words and

you have 3 wrong words

Thanks for the test, I'm sure it will be a big help toward improving :ermm:

Spent the evening being harassed by 15 year old girls (as mentioned before), met my cousin from the Congo, went to bed at 5pm and woke up at 7am.

It is really weird to have three girls stare at you, two write on notes that they pass, read, then giggle, stare repeat...

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Spent the evening being harassed by 15 year old girls (as mentioned before), met my cousin from the Congo, went to bed at 5pm and woke up at 7am.

It is really weird to have three girls stare at you, two write on notes that they pass, read, then giggle, stare repeat...

And have to remind yourself "they are only 15" every 5 seconds.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

Good morning!

Hubby's in the garage fiddling with some electronic project ("What are you doing?" "I'm switching out the 220omn resistor for a 5 ohm resistor..." "Ok...") and I'm in here watching Red Sox baseball. Occasionally we meet in the kitchen or in the yard & smooch like schoolchildren.

Sunday's are nice.

And have to remind yourself "they are only 15" every 5 seconds.

For one of em (the one who's crushing on me) yes. The other two? Not so much... my cousin is a twig and probably wouldn't beat 100 lbs when soaking wet due to a childhood illness stemming from to much loving of her pet stuffed animal.

It's even worse because my aunt LOVES to harass me about the crush.

Oh, btw, Cousin in Congo photo of epic appearing in 3... 2.... 1...

35846_549804166003_12201434_32636533_8146041_n.jpg

Edited by Calax

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

All-star break for MLB, meaning no regular games to watch. Bah. Not interested.

I've come to the conclusion that Stubb's brand Original BBQ sauce and their Beef Marinade are two of the better (non-gourmet-priced) pre-bottled sauces. Also, that's I'd BBQ/grill a lot more often if I didn't have to wash the stupid (and heavy) racks every time.

Having a month's vacation is wonderful. I spent the whole day browsing and posting on this forum (and some other ones as well). Goodnight everyone!

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

All-star break for MLB, meaning no regular games to watch. Bah. Not interested.

I've come to the conclusion that Stubb's brand Original BBQ sauce and their Beef Marinade are two of the better (non-gourmet-priced) pre-bottled sauces. Also, that's I'd BBQ/grill a lot more often if I didn't have to wash the stupid (and heavy) racks every time.

I agree, Stubbs is a mainstay in my cooking repertoire. I also really enjoy the Famous Dave's marinades, but they are hard to find. They don't even sell them at our local restaurant. The BBQ sauce is easier to find and pretty awesome though.

Got mah classes for Autumn '10:

-Pre-calculus

-Computer Science 102

-College Physics I

At minimum this is my last semester before I head out to university. Three years have zipped by pretty quick. :*

Edited by Syraxis