What you did today

Gorth

Got called into work, got annoyed at a mom who showed up 3 minutes before closing and assumed that we'd be awesome and let her shop, ended up closing a few minutes late thanks to her.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

I spent half my day trying to grasp how to calculate the weighted average capital cost (WACC). Finally got the hang of it but dangggg, there's much more to do and I've only 2 days to master a 1000 page course of financial management.

I spent half my day trying to grasp how to calculate the weighted average capital cost (WACC). Finally got the hang of it but dangggg, there's much more to do and I've only 2 days to master a 1000 page course of financial management.

Ah yes WACC wasn't very fun, in fact the majority of finance was pretty lame. Then again I took it online so I was learning out of a book, so double not fun and double incomprehensible. :'(

Take your time champ, you'll be fine. I believe in you.

I've been pretty depressed lately but I'm starting to see results in my conquest for lean ripped abs. Summer school is going alright, my teacher is pretty awesome and I think I could actually learn something to apply to real life. Monday I have an interview for an internship. Now just need to work on getting tanned and find someone to willingly mate with.

There was a time when I questioned the ability for the schizoid to ever experience genuine happiness, at the very least for a prolonged segment of time. I am no closer to finding the answer, however, it has become apparent that contentment is certainly a realizable goal. I find these results to be adequate, if not pleasing. Unfortunately, connection is another subject entirely. When one has sufficiently examined the mind and their emotional constructs, connection can be easily imitated. More data must be gleaned and further collated before a sufficient judgment can be reached.

Ah yes WACC wasn't very fun, in fact the majority of finance was pretty lame. Then again I took it online so I was learning out of a book, so double not fun and double incomprehensible. :'(

Take your time champ, you'll be fine. I believe in you.

Yea it's coming together. But I'm really not a numbers person. I mean I studied law for a reason: I just really don't like maths and calculations (not the concept of maths though, just me doing them). Anyway I've been sitting between books for about 13 hours today, time to catch some sleep. :)

Good luck with those numbers. I know what it feels like.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Got called into work, got annoyed at a mom who showed up 3 minutes before closing and assumed that we'd be awesome and let her shop, ended up closing a few minutes late thanks to her.

Did you let her shop?

Decided that I'm going barhopping with my sister and one of her friends next saturday in NYC. One of my friends might join as well.

Also: is it me or does guinness taste really good w/ a jalapeno burger?

All stouts go well with chilli, IMO.

I'll keep that in mind for autumn. >_<

Took the SAT again. Played with an evo at a Sprint store. I want.

In 7th grade, I teach the students how Chuck Norris took down the Roman Empire, so it is good that you are starting early on this curriculum.

R.I.P. KOTOR 2003-2008 KILLED BY THOSE GREEDY MONEY-HOARDING ************* AND THEIR *****-*** MMOS

Did you let her shop?

Yeah, but came *THIS* close to kicking her out (I started verbally pushing her towards the door and she forced the kids to either buy something or leave).

Got my Germany shirts all washed. Indeed my life is exciting.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Next in the series of Drinks so Good, They Named the Glass After Them:

The Tom Collins

(previous entries: the Martini; the Old Fashioned)

2 oz. gin

1 oz. fresh lemon juice

1 tsp. simple syrup

(Personal optional addition: orange bitters)

Shake over ice, and pour into an ice-filled Collins glass. Top with club soda to fill.

Fantastically refreshing on a hot day.

Edited by Enoch

I forgot to say, made my own chilli sauce the other day. Three kinds of chilli, red onion, whizzed up with salt, coriander seed, molasses, groundnut oil, fresh mint, lime juice, and a 'punch' of salt. It's quietly fermenting in the fridge now. But it already tastes great.

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

I apparently misplaced my original Majesty CD sometime in the last month...I've reached the point where I'm looking in improbable places for it. If I accidentally threw it in the trash or something I'm going to one unhappy camper. :(

Sure I can buy a new disc, but it'll probably be one that's already patched. I liked playing the non-patched original game now & then....

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Two project bids in yesterday left me feeing curiously flat. I can't work out if it's because deep down I think they'll fail or because deep down I think they'll succeed.

-Elwood Blues

Read Eddings Elenium... for the second time (overall)

Honestly? it was better when I was younger. Now that I read it I notice that overall the little group that is formed in this book has a character that will resolve ANY situation, no matter how awkward or extreme, one of them will just happen to know exactly what to do. And any foibles they do have are either covered by their other partners, or are considered "noble" drawbacks (like being a little TO loyal to their mission etc).

Also one thing that bugs the heck out of me is that the characters are all "Church Knights" for an analogue of the Catholic church. Except that because of stuff that's happened in the past the Knights are mostly secular, but can weigh in on theological deliberations (one major plot point is the election of the new "pope"). It's particularly annoying when the main character is the strongest, fastest, most noble, and the "best" all around soldier... he's also the thrones "Champion" (Basically military advisor who also fights people), and by the end of the book he's

Prince Consort (to a girl around 20 years his junior), father to a goddess, Chapter Master for his knight order, and all around considered THE BEST soldier in the world.

And he gets even more "awesome" in the sequel.

It's an ok story that would have been MUCH better with a few changes (the knights being something other than religious soldiers given they aren't religious, and a few setbacks with them not getting everything they wanted). I still prefer the Dread Empire and Black Company series, but then I like the darker tones of those books.

And he gets even more "awesome" in the sequel.

But not as awesome as the queen.

Belgariad is much better overall. At least in that one the protagonist & his friends are all oafs, except for the women. It's like the Wheel of Time, but much less verbose and not taking itself so seriously.

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

I am at the hospital, and my wife is getting ready to deliver our son. Pics will come later.

:sorcerer:;(

-Elwood Blues

Yesterday I bought some merino wool socks. I could never have conceived how good they feel on my feet. It's like I have the feet of some kind of baby or angel, wrapped in cloud.

I mean, not like those ones in Revelations. You know, fluffy happy clouds.

-Elwood Blues

I wonder if I could apply the same justification to eating pies?

"I need to eat this pie because later I am going to bake a pie, and it must be a good pie."

-Elwood Blues

I spent part of today looking at pictures of naked women so I could draw them better.

Helps if you actually draw the naked women you see too.

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man