What you did today

Gorth

Had an interesting flight to Sydney today. Now, getting stuck in a holding pattern because bad weather is causing a queue to build up is not unusual and not particularly entertaining, things sure got fun when landing. Shortly before setting down on the runway, the pilot suddenly hit the "full throttle" button, pulled the nose upwards and banked to the right... Looking out my window as we ascended again I saw the *other* plane on the runway. Way to start a week :banghead:

It looked like another Quantas plane. I would love to hear the lunch room conversation between the pilots involved :)

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Saw the prince of persia movie, and then looked around on craigslist for cars... it's interesting what you find (A '09 camery for 2.8k? REALLY!?)

I really recommend going with a decent dealership. You have a lot more guarantees about it not being a lemon.

is it just me or is this thread becoming an AA meeting?

In that vein, I just got back from a bar/nightclub where I had some libations with friends - it was fun although I had to drive one home afterwards, her apartment is nearby so it was easier for us to take the same car rather than two, so my intake of drinks was limited.

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot

Met up with my friend yesterday to do some more roleplaying in the pub. The two other men in the group demurred, but to our surprise their partners turned up in the pub at about 2130. one of them seemed to be in a rotten mood with her partner so being the helpful chap I am I set about singing his praises and generally cheering her up. I think that after the third bar and the ninth round all were in a great mood, having seen some superb live music and drunk some awful brandy. She certainly seemed in much better spirits.

On the way home a group of lads tried to start a fight with me, but being the charming devil I am I managed to somehow finagle them into not just letting me go, but actually shaking my hand and wishing me a good night. I really don't recall specifics but it had something to do with me pretending I was angry with someone else who'd just mistaken me for someone else.

Today I intend to do absolutely sod all except complain about how expensive booze is in this country.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

I just got back from a CD Release party for the band Spider Lilies - won some stuff, including a thong that I gave to a friend since it was her size, and had a good time. I also grabbed my pre-order copy, it was finally available, of Alpha Protocol - so I'll finally give that a go later tonight. Life is good.

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot

Felt horrible today, took some psychedelics. Cleared my mind. When I came back down to Earth, I watched Moon. Brilliant movie. Why haven't I heard about it before?

Watched The Fountain the other day, too. I definitely shouldn't have seen it sober.

Krezack, it is a bit worrisome that you are doing drugs to stop feeling horrible. That is very unhealthy.

The two were coincidental. Today was my day off which I'd been planning all week, whereas I felt horrible because my stomach was upset. I think you're jumping to conclusions.

And I'm not sure you'd have a clue what was unhealthy in my life without knowing me personally (i.e. in real life).

I attended an AC/DC-concert yesterday. Those guys have much better stamina and endurance than most teenage kids today have.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Krezack, it is a bit worrisome that you are doing drugs to stop feeling horrible. That is very unhealthy.

The two were coincidental. Today was my day off which I'd been planning all week, whereas I felt horrible because my stomach was upset. I think you're jumping to conclusions.

And I'm not sure you'd have a clue what was unhealthy in my life without knowing me personally (i.e. in real life).

No reason to get defensive. Drugs in general are unhealthy, even prescription ones. My point was that if your body (or mind, you were fairly vague earlier) is telling you that something is wrong, like your stomach issue, then doing something that is already unhealthy is even worse. It is a warning sign.

You don't have to agree with me, I just saw it as a cause for concern.

Got my housing assignment at Iowa state. I'm roomed with a gent from Shanghai who's also a physics/astro major, and we share a bathroom with another chinese fellow from Xuzhou in China. To round out our quartet is a Iowa native.

Also, across the corridor it appears that we've got a quartet of women. Our floor has a lot of engineers and other science majors, with a much smaller portion from the liberal arts.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Got my housing assignment at Iowa state. I'm roomed with a gent from Shanghai who's also a physics/astro major, and we share a bathroom with another chinese fellow from Xuzhou in China. To round out our quartet is a Iowa native.

Also, across the corridor it appears that we've got a quartet of women. Our floor has a lot of engineers and other science majors, with a much smaller portion from the liberal arts.

I am sure sitcom hilarity will ensue!

I am sure sitcom hilarity will ensue!

Honestly, I'm expecting a lot of warcraft and hearing chinese spoken in the halls >.>

Also, I wonder how they'll react when I pop up with a book set of Romance of the Three Kingdoms (basically the Chinese version of King Arthur to a degree).

Be prepared to get bombarded with requests from 18 y/o's to get alcohol for them.

Be smart, tell them to **** off.

Can't wait until I transfer next fall (already have a bottle of grey ready :ermm:), though if I can afford it I'm going to rent out a 'pay by semester' apartment.

Be prepared to get bombarded with requests from 18 y/o's to get alcohol for them.

Be smart, tell them to **** off.

Can't wait until I transfer next fall (already have a bottle of grey ready :lol:), though if I can afford it I'm going to rent out a 'pay by semester' apartment.

I think I'm on the 21 and older floor. I'm basically in the upperclassmens dorm areas which should cut down on the number of underagers going "Dude! I totally, like, need some booze dude. If you get it for me I'll let you pet my schway haircut!"

At least with all the foreigners around my christmas won't be boring.

No reason to get defensive. Drugs in general are unhealthy, even prescription ones. My point was that if your body (or mind, you were fairly vague earlier) is telling you that something is wrong, like your stomach issue, then doing something that is already unhealthy is even worse. It is a warning sign.

You don't have to agree with me, I just saw it as a cause for concern.

No worries, I just don't agree with the sentiment that "drugs are unhealthy". Addictions are unhealthy. Abuse is unhealthy. But these things aren't unique to drugs (which is, in any case, an extremely broad and non-descriptive term).

Anyway, had a great day at work. Spent 15 minutes on the phone with one of my favourite colleagues as we bitched about one of our least favourite colleagues (who is showing sociopathic, or at the very least narcissistic, tendencies).

Reformatted my computer...

Took longer than I thought to get everything up to a point where I'm comfortable leaving it. And I still get to spend probably an hour or two setting up a UI for my WoW characters (yes, the UI is THAT complicated) given the number of Mods I tend to run.

Guest The Architect

Got some exams coming up over the next couple of weeks, then a couple of weeks off, then Winter school.

Anyway, had a great day at work. Spent 15 minutes on the phone with one of my favourite colleagues as we bitched about one of our least favourite colleagues (who is showing sociopathic, or at the very least narcissistic, tendencies).

I'm only playing hard to get.

Tremendously good mood as we near completion on a bid process to get a substantial chunk of work. New clients, new subcontractors, new work subject. Green lit, and a long hot afternoon to enjoy.

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Decided that I'm going barhopping with my sister and one of her friends next saturday in NYC. One of my friends might join as well.

Also: is it me or does guinness taste really good w/ a jalapeno burger?

Edited by Syraxis

Decided that I'm going barhopping with my sister and one of her friends next saturday in NYC. One of my friends might join as well.

Also: is it me or does guinness taste really good w/ a jalapeno burger?

All stouts go well with chilli, IMO.

-Elwood Blues