What are you playing now?

Darque

Bought a few games from Gamersgate...

Against Rome (RTS in the "easy" category)

Spellforce 2 Gold (to satisfy my curiosity)

Beyond Good & Evil (heard a lot of good stuff about it. Can't go wrong at $5)

Post Mortem (Point and click adventure)

Still Life (Point and click adventure)

Archon Classic (Remake of the Westfall/Freeman oldie)

Druuna (Serpieri - nuff said)

Syberia (Looked good in the reviews)

Syberia 2 (Because it came bundled with the first one)

Disciples II Gold (Because my old discs are getting worn and scratched)

I guess I'll make up my mind which one to play first when they are all downloaded =]

Edit: Oh btw, all together, 10 dollars or so more than Dragon Age :rolleyes:

I'd take Syberia over Dragon Age, actually... It's a close one but Syberia is a very good game.

"Well, overkill is my middle name. And my last name. And all of my other names as well!"

Any suggestions for a relatively recent shooter type game that doesn't have a complicated/confusing weapon/gear UI interface? ie I tried Crysis but I don't like it.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Mass Effect 2? =]

heh, from videos I've seen, it does sort look like a 3rd person shooter at times.

I don't have patience for story-RPG's much anymore...all the dialogue trees, story cut scenes/interactions/decisions blah blah. So I thought I'd try more shooters or mixed genre games... :rolleyes:

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Any suggestions for a relatively recent shooter type game that doesn't have a complicated/confusing weapon/gear UI?

NecroVision: Lost Company might be worth looking into. :rolleyes:

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot

Whoever said there's no free month with the WoW expansions was right, I've looked over the boxes thoroughly and there's no mention of such a thing.

Which is why I won't be buying them, because to keep on playing this game and be even remotely competitive (with the stratospheric level progression post lvl 60) I'd need to buy both expansions and around two more months subscription which in these parts is just under 70 euros (+15 I paid for the original game). Not to mention Cataclysm which is going to make max level characters obsolete by the time it shows up. Looking at it, its really daylight robbery considering the content of the expansions and how old the game is now. 100+ euros overall, plus the huge investment of time... not worth it.

That said I'd recommend this game for everyone to try out, I've really had a lot of fun with it. On the other hand the people can be extremely irritating, there are simply too many kids/spoiled brats playing.

My char is lvl 51 now and quickly burning through those last few levels.

logosig2.jpg

Imperium Thought for the Day: Even a man who has nothing can still offer his life

That said I'd recommend this game for everyone to try out, I've really had a lot of fun with it. On the other hand the people can be extremely irritating, there are simply too many kids/spoiled brats playing.
In my experience, the people you play with is what makes or breaks an MMO. If you can find a group with similar interests and playstyle, you might as well write off the next few months of your social life. Otherwise, those games are boring as ****... or worse.

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

In my experience, the people you play with is what makes or breaks an MMO. If you can find a group with similar interests and playstyle, you might as well write off the next few months of your social life. Otherwise, those games are boring as ****... or worse.

Ultimately, yes. On its own WoW is a finely made game, though excruciatingly boring at times. If I had 5-6 regular people to play with that I know in "real life" I'd probably emerge from my room this time, next year.

Thank god this wasn't around when I was 16, it would have ruined my life.

logosig2.jpg

Imperium Thought for the Day: Even a man who has nothing can still offer his life

I bought Far Cry 2 and Red Faction: Guerilla on the cheap. Far Cry does my noggin in. I'm having some real difficulty with it, even on the easier settings. The checkpoints, the psychic AI, the weight of the controls. It's demoralising.

I sold Far Cry 2 back after two weekends of trying to play it. Besides it giving me motion sickness when I drove around, I was total crap at killing anything, ever. Really liked the idea for it though.

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

Napoleon Total war.

It's ok, although every faction but France seems to be starved of unit types. Fire by rank and platoon firing drills are gone. I don't know why, they added extra usages for line infantry. Light infantry can't place sachel charges anymore, although the AI still does it, you cant.

There is a really annoying camera shake effect every time your artillery fires that can't be turned off. They added more voice acting during battles and a better campaign map soundtrack. Hearing your line infantry go 'are we all going to die sarge ?' when under strength, or 'help. mommy !' when about to be charged by cavalry was pretty funny.

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

Ultimately, yes. On its own WoW is a finely made game, though excruciatingly boring at times. If I had 5-6 regular people to play with that I know in "real life" I'd probably emerge from my room this time, next year.

Thank god this wasn't around when I was 16, it would have ruined my life.

When the story does progress to cata you'll still need to have BC and Wrath to move up there. A lot of the problems most people had with the leveling game go away once you hit BC because they learned A LOT in the 2 years before BC came out about quests, Cata is going to make it even better.

Yes the game is a large investment, but it can be worth it.

On that note: Raiding the past few weeks has been rocky but we finally saw Arthas last night at the top of Icecrown Citadel. Wow... just... wow, this is going to be a rough fight.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Added:

They just announced in WoW that 10 man and 25 man raids (the same raid, just with slightly different loot tables and different people requirments, 10man loot being lower than 25 man) will now have the same loot and lockouts, meaning that we won't have to kill the same bosses twice for progression.

speed. They have a point in that as of last month not a single straight 10man guild was able to kill lich king, at all. The way they're going to try to set it up is so that 25 mans get much more of the gear than the 10mans (including badges and money).

Added:

They just announced in WoW that 10 man and 25 man raids (the same raid, just with slightly different loot tables and different people requirments, 10man loot being lower than 25 man) will now have the same loot and lockouts, meaning that we won't have to kill the same bosses twice for progression.

LOL

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

I'd take Syberia over Dragon Age, actually... It's a close one but Syberia is a very good game.

Did you find Syberia 2 as much of a disappointment as I did? It was okay while I was playing it, but it lacked the spirit of the first and the ending was, in its own way, even less satisfying that Syberia's.

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

Did you find Syberia 2 as much of a disappointment as I did? It was okay while I was playing it, but it lacked the spirit of the first and the ending was, in its own way, even less satisfying that Syberia's.

Imo Syberia can easily stand on its own the way it is, without the sequel. The ending is beautiful and keeps up the mystery of the game.

I find Syberia 2 is worse mainly because Kate no longer changes throughout the journey the way she does in the first game... and Hans Voralberg turns out to be a pretty disappointing character. It could've been more interesting if something was actually done with the subplot concerning the private detective that is sent after Kate, instead of the few boring cutscenes.

That said, though, Syberia 2 has more creative puzzles, and the landscapes are breathtaking. Supposedly there're plans to make a Syberia 3... let's see how that goes.

Edited by virumor

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

Since I wasn't ready to invest the 100+ euros needed to really "play" WoW, after two weeks of constant playing I've decided that enough is enough - and canceled my subscription/uninstalled it.

In short, its a very addictive and expansive game. There's always something to do and some of the stuff is really inspired. The actual core PvE gameplay, barring instances is a mindless grindfest and its a great achievement on Blizzard's part that in general - you don't see it as such. The colorful backdrops change often enough, the mobs cycle often, there's the occasional pretty scenery etc. etc. By all accounts it should have been garbage, but that could have been said for Diablo as well.

I felt that there was great potential for role playing there but considering the average WoW or just MMO player, its wasted. You only need to see a couple of players with names like "Minislut" for your immersion to get blown to bits, and whatever Blizzard claims about its "strict policies" in the two weeks I saw everything from gold sellers, bots, offensive names, griefers/gankers/ninja looters - you name it.

On a more humorous note, I couldn't cancel my subscription without filling out a questionnaire as to why I was leaving?? :lol: Jesus. And after selecting a reason from a drop down menu, a box appeared with a counter argument, persuading me to stay. :lol:

Sick.

logosig2.jpg

I bought Clive Parkers Jericho for 5€ today, but I'm not holding my breath.

Blade Runner FTW!

You can also ask Oner what he says in the noodle bar scene. :lol:

Edited by RPGmasterBoo

logosig2.jpg