Dragon Age Discussion

Gorth

Playing the waiting game and watching this place for feedback. Same thing goes for DA2. The first one was a nice enough game, but neither the setting nor the factions (friend and foe) did anything for me. Interesting characters and banters can only carry a game so far.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

"And yes, Darkspawn are basically orcs/lizardmen/gnolls/goblins/kobolds, well you know, the regular evil horde of doom With their hired muscle giants/ogres. "

Except ogres in DA aren't 'hired muscle'. They *are* darkspawn. Same with broodmothers and the archdemon. Darkspawn aren'tm orcs, lizardmen, etc. outside of being 'evil semi intelligent monsters that try to kill the chaarcters'. *shrug*

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

They aren't hired muscle, but they play the same exact role :lol: There is the big horde of relatively human-sized monsters, and the rarer big and strong ones thay use for extra muscle.

Darkspawn aren't orcs, lizardmen, etc. outside of being 'evil semi intelligent monsters that try to kill the chaarcters'.

But as far as the gamer is concerned, it doesn't make a big difference : they're still a horde of undifferentiated mooks that he has to exterminate before they exterminate all traces of civilization. This makes the threat no different than the King of Shadows' undead horde, or the generic orcs' horde that threaten to destroy all civilization in a part of the world.

At face value, yes, but darkspawn aren't just random humanoid races. Heck, with your analogy, you might as well say that the darkspawn are the same as FO's mutants. *shrug* Or the Nazis of WW1 or heck, the Allies' from the Nazis' perspective.

Only simply minds define things in such simple ways. I don't care about those type of gamers. One could simplify everything so it sounds trite. Afterall, PST is just another amnesia story. Been there, doen that. Bg series is just another god child story.

Playing the waiting game and watching this place for feedback. Same thing goes for DA2. The first one was a nice enough game, but neither the setting nor the factions (friend and foe) did anything for me. Interesting characters and banters can only carry a game so far.

My impressions as well. Weak setting, didn't care if everyone in fereldon lived or died. Did they come up with this themselves or is it from some book or old game. Either way it was holding the game back.

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

Sometimes, I can't help but have some sympathy for characters like Howe where the game/book/film authors have gone so far out of their way to make the player hate him. It's just so ham-handed: They do everything short of showing a 5-minute cutscene of Howe simultaneously drowning puppies and raping orphans. The end result (to me, anyway) is that he's funny rather than being reprehensible or scary.

My human noble would've jumped the gloating bastard when Loghain took him along to Eamon's estate. And any other character would've jumped Ser Cautherine for calling the PC a churl.

For a dark heroic fantasy, there's never a Renegade interrupt around when you need one.

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

Awakening is out. I bought it. I will tell how awesome it is later, and then will have 6 of you call me a stupid fanboy 10 seconds after while we add 10 pages of back and forth insults in a couple of hours. EVERYONE WINS! :aiee:

My human noble would've jumped the gloating bastard when Loghain took him along to Eamon's estate.

Ya know I always thought the PC showed a fair amount of restraint then.

I took this job because I thought you were just a legend. Just a story. A story to scare little kids. But you're the real deal. The demon who dares to challenge God.

So what the hell do you want? Don't seem to me like you're out to make this stinkin' world a better place. Why you gotta kill all my men? Why you gotta kill me?

Nothing personal. It's just revenge.

Ever since the dreaded MOTB, I've been leery of expansions. I want an expansion that carries on the tone and flavor of the original, not some alien-themed plot whipped out of the ethos and having nothing whatsoever to do with the original.

The reviewer seems impressed, but I dunno. For me DA:O was a completed project. Not sure I want to pick up and head out again. Think I'll wait and see what others are saying after they've played for a while.

"Ever since the dreaded MOTB, I've been leery of expansions. I want an expansion that carries on the tone and flavor of the original, not some alien-themed plot whipped out of the ethos and having nothing whatsoever to do with the original."

*shrug* MOTB was an awesome expansion, and it most definitely continued the tone and flavour of the original.

If Awakening is evn half as good as MOTB, it'll be worth buying.. and would be still 10x better than that abomination known as SOZ.

WTF.

Steam won't let me purchase Awakenings because I have a disc version of Origins?

"Your transaction failed because you are trying to buy a game that requires ownership of another game you do not currently own. Please correct the error and try again."

Really EA/Bio/Valve???

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle

Borderlands is the same. If you have the retail disc version, you can't buy the DLCs from steam. Conversely if you have the steam version, the DLCs purchased from the gearbox store won't work with it. For a long time ME's Bring Down The Sky DLC wouldn't work with the steam version of ME, although now it does. I'm sure there are other examples.

I took this job because I thought you were just a legend. Just a story. A story to scare little kids. But you're the real deal. The demon who dares to challenge God.

So what the hell do you want? Don't seem to me like you're out to make this stinkin' world a better place. Why you gotta kill all my men? Why you gotta kill me?

Nothing personal. It's just revenge.