O hai forum, some news today?

And still for the devs, about Chain Shot : were you inspired by the John Cooper character from the game Desperados for that ability?

Matthew, do you know if the demo of AP at PAX East will have an NDA? Is it even a playable demo?

And still for the devs, about Chain Shot : were you inspired by the John Cooper character from the game Desperados for that ability?

Matthew, do you know if the demo of AP at PAX East will have an NDA? Is it even a playable demo?

As far as the timer, I'm not sure what you're referring to - you only have a few seconds to line up the shots in Chain Shot, certainly not 30.

I can't speak as to the inspiration behind Chain Shot, I just know it was one of the skills that was implemented the earliest in development. I think it was more inspired by a Bourne-like mastery of situational awareness.

Matthew Rorie

As far as the timer, I'm not sure what you're referring to - you only have a few seconds to line up the shots in Chain Shot, certainly not 30.

I can't speak as to the inspiration behind Chain Shot, I just know it was one of the skills that was implemented the earliest in development. I think it was more inspired by a Bourne-like mastery of situational awareness.

From what I've seen, it's pretty awesome, but I think it would be even better if you could hear each individual shot (in rapid succession) instead of a single bang.

"The universe is a yawning chasm, filled with emptiness and the puerile meanderings of sentience..." - Ulyaoth

"It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built." - Kreia

"I thought this forum was for Speculation & Discussion, not Speculation & Calling People Trolls." - lord of flies

What of the horloge ticking at the top right of the screen when you use it?

I believe that's the cooldown for actually using the weapon skill, i.e. you have to wait 30 seconds before you can use it again. That amount of time might've been adjusted since that video was captured, though.

Matthew Rorie

Sounds pretty long. Hopefully there's a way to reduce that cooldown.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

Well, Chain Shot is really intended to be your way out of a dicey situation, not something you use on everything you see. Making the cooldown too low would probably trivialize a lot of the content you come across, because you'd be able to headshot everyone you came across without them ever being able to fire back. So it needs to have some kind of cooldown to encourage players to use it when needed, but not on every single enemy.

Matthew Rorie

Well, Chain Shot is really intended to be your way out of a dicey situation, not something you use on everything you see. Making the cooldown too low would probably trivialize a lot of the content you come across, because you'd be able to headshot everyone you came across without them ever being able to fire back. So it needs to have some kind of cooldown to encourage players to use it when needed, but not on every single enemy.

Actually, I thought 30 seconds sounded too short.

"The universe is a yawning chasm, filled with emptiness and the puerile meanderings of sentience..." - Ulyaoth

"It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built." - Kreia

"I thought this forum was for Speculation & Discussion, not Speculation & Calling People Trolls." - lord of flies

From what I've seen, it's pretty awesome, but I think it would be even better if you could hear each individual shot (in rapid succession) instead of a single bang.

Ya I agree, also it would be better to have a tiny more delay between instead of just 3 instance shot from a pistol... Like a 0.3 sec delay between each shot would be great, its more realistic, and a lot cooler and understandable. Right now its like a shotgun shot.

Ya I agree, also it would be better to have a tiny more delay between instead of just 3 instance shot from a pistol... Like a 0.3 sec delay between each shot would be great, its more realistic, and a lot cooler and understandable. Right now its like a shotgun shot.

This. I know Chain Shot has been in the game for a long time, but instantly firing all shots just looks weird and a lot less badass.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

Great interview, but I can't believe they asked him about Fall-From-Grace's diary. Wow.

I took this job because I thought you were just a legend. Just a story. A story to scare little kids. But you're the real deal. The demon who dares to challenge God.

So what the hell do you want? Don't seem to me like you're out to make this stinkin' world a better place. Why you gotta kill all my men? Why you gotta kill me?

Nothing personal. It's just revenge.

Read it just now on GameBanshee.. not sure exactly why they've not used that time to ALSO work on the graphics, guess there were budget problems, not that I personally care much, but subpar graphics MAY hurt the game's sales.

Can't wait to try hands-on how the "polished and tweaked" gameplay feels anyway!

Some amazingly unaware comments on gametrailers.... It's always bizarre. Makes you wonder if there's some seperate universe holding the people who make them.. :rolleyes:

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."