O hai forum, some news today?

Burning hate.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

Any quotes?

Yeah *you* go through that pit of hate and bashing to find me some funny quotes. I'm not risking my sanity. :-

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

Speaking of which, what does the RPG Codex think of this?

Do they even matter nowadays? They are just a bunch of fouled mouth gamers stuck in the 80's and 90's.

"Your Job is not to die for your country, but set a man on fire, and take great comfort in the general hostility and unfairness of the universe."

ME2.5 Should be a fun game!

<3 you Volo.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

"They are just a bunch of fouled mouth gamers stuck in the 80's and 90's."

Thank you for the compliment. If thios were the Codex I would have added half a dozen swears to that thank you as well.

"<3 you Volo."

wut?

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

What didn't you like about it though? I thought it was great personally. I can see how maybe the "mainstream" would think it's too talky, not enough action. But for me, it really made me want to see where the story and characters go, and just play a spy.

To me it seemed random pick of cool lines and scenes without any coherent thought. I liked the previous trailer much more.

This post is not to be enjoyed, discussed, or referenced on company time.

Thank you for the compliment. If thios were the Codex I would have added half a dozen swears to that thank you as well.

"<3 you Volo."

wut?

Volo, you are the only sane gamer at the Codex which means I really don't consider you a Codexer.

Edited by Killian Kalthorne

"Your Job is not to die for your country, but set a man on fire, and take great comfort in the general hostility and unfairness of the universe."

"<3 you Volo."

wut?

Volo, you are the only sane gamer at the Codex which means I really don't consider you a Codexer.

That should be their motto: "Making Volourn Look Sane Since 1998!"

It's nice to see a new trailer.. but to my mind, it looks like a trailer for the next season of 24.. or the Bourne Generation Film X rather then a computer game trailer... I can understand why they went that way, but eh.. I'd like to see a new computer game trailer for it ;)

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

http://bitmob.com/articles/full-disclosure-2

Full Disclosure 2

By Dan Hsu

Tuesday, March 02, 2010

Hey everyone,

I just wanted to let you know of two things you may consider a conflict of interest.

First, I recently did a mock review of the upcoming game Alpha Protocol. I know I said in the past that I wouldn't be doing these anymore, but, to be straight-up honest with you, I needed to find some paying work -- mainly because of personal financial pressure (because any money we've been making for Bitmob is going right back into Bitmob, so I myself haven't made a dime since we launched May of last year).

In the previous comments, some of you mentioned you don't see this as a problem, but it doesn't mean I shouldn't disclose this as a journalist. A marketing firm representing Sega asked if I could provide some direct feedback on an early version of the game -- a mock review. I will receive payment from them for these services.

As a result, I personally won't cover the game now, and I won't provide any public commentary on it. Any Bitmob coverage of this product will have to come from one of the other guys, and I won't offer any input on how we should cover it.

So...where's the mock review?

I read it as a product for Sega internally, so that they could get an independent assessments of the game's strengths and weaknesses, and gauge what the early gamer/community reaction would likely be. Sorta the way that film producers sometimes do test screenings upon which they base the marketing for their films.

Is there info on this devidiary somewhere other than Youtube?

I checked IGN and Gamespot and there was nothing...

Start publicizing, marketing dudes! :whip sound:

Alvin's 70's afro needs more exposure.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

Thanls funcroc! Nice dev diary, although I hope we will soon get more intel on how the different stats affect the different weapons. There seems to be a lot of fun gadgets for stealth characters to play with, radio mimic ("Hey, it's Bob!" ... "Who the f**k is Bob?!?), sound generator, shock traps, really sounds fun!

Here is to hope that we would have a playthrough of a mission to show us some of the reactivity... and not the Grigori example please, more like something in the Saudi Arabia hub!

Now this, this vid is good. Need to spread these around some sites.

Things seem to be picking up on the promo front. Or is this just a backlog of stuff that built up over Jan and Feb?

Security can't been too tight at the places Mike sneaks into if the guards are willing to take Imaginary Bob's word for it :down:

Edited by Baeus

For some reason, I can't get enough of the animation when the guy closer to Mike falls on the ground, in the Chain Shot demonstration. It just seems so... realistic?

About Chain Shot, a question for the devs : is there any way for you to reduce the timer before the game comes out? From what we've seen in that video, I think that 30 seconds is way too long, make the thing too easy. 12 or 15 seconds would be more challenging I think, more stressing...

Maybe the timer changes based on the difficulty level you play.

Also, that dev diary was awesome. Is it June yet?

I took this job because I thought you were just a legend. Just a story. A story to scare little kids. But you're the real deal. The demon who dares to challenge God.

So what the hell do you want? Don't seem to me like you're out to make this stinkin' world a better place. Why you gotta kill all my men? Why you gotta kill me?

Nothing personal. It's just revenge.