I'm Commander Shepard and this is my favorite thread on Obsidian

Pidesco

No. The floating drones in this case are the ones that killed Jenkins 5 minutes into ME1. These guys.

I thought those were Plot Drones.

Those specific ones might be plot drones. They show up in other places as Geth Recon Drones.

Ah. I was thinking of Tali's loyalty mission, not her recruitment mission.

Sidenote: Doing Tali's recruitment mission with 3 characters with Overload was comedy gold. Based on the ability's visual effect, I started referring to using Overload as "popping" the Geth. Most enemies were "popped" as soon as they were spotted.

"Oh yeah, and ME2 has no elevators. ME2 citadel wins just for that. "

I prefer the elevators because at least while the game was laoding the characters would chat o, the radio would play, and hell you'd even get a quest or two. Oh, and one other thing, load times in ME2 are 2 or 3 times longer. LMAO

"The Dark Star Lounge had more atmosphere than Flux and Chora's Den put together."

Kiddin' right? DSL was friggin' boing in comapriosn. there wa snothing really do to. Flux and CD were awesome. Dancing, games, QUESTS, actual converstions, nice music, and just sweet awesome. DSL had what? I cna't even remember oustide of it being needed to go outside fo it to talk to one guy about either Garrus or Thane's quest. hell, I cna't even remember which one. LMAO

" I liked the comments from the used game salesman. I liked giving shopkeepers endorsements to get discounts."

Yeah, these were definitely cool.

"Captain Bailey is an infinitely better cop than any smug Turian."

O RLY? No difference between the two except Bailey is a crooked cop who allows punks to get away with what they wnat as he accepts blackmail. Pathetic.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

There's also a bug in ME2 where, on certain systems, you have to go and manually re-enable one of the CPU cores for that particular .exe - I had issues with loading and when I did that they went away.

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot

There's also a bug in ME2 where, on certain systems, you have to go and manually re-enable one of the CPU cores for that particular .exe - I had issues with loading and when I did that they went away.
Not anymore!

Until BIO releases a proper patch, at least

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

I think I had that issue too. I believe a restart of the game or my PC worked. It only happened one time.

"My load times in ME2 are super fast, 2-3 seconds, whereas the ME1 elevators were a good bit longer. I imagine this has more to do with system setups, probably available RAM and all that. "

Right... and, this effects 360s, how?

ME1 load times: 5-10 seconds tops

ME2 load times: upwards of a minute +

"Dear Volourn,

Stop being always wrong.

Kind regards,

The Internet"

Dear NumbersU,

Stop speaking for me,

Hateful reminder,

The "I Can Never Agree On Anything Even With Myself Since Opinions Are like Butts Everyone Has Them And They're All Different" Internet

P.S. It's funny you calim my good buddy Volourn is wrong since you agree with him on various ME2 topics. LMFAO

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

I'd be worried about my 360 if it was taking a full minute to load areas. Have you had any other issues with it? I was having problems with Fable II loading up, and eventually the system RRoDed on me.

Definitely didn't take longer for me, when BOTH games were installed on the HD. I suspect this is the reason for the difference. >_<

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

I noticed that the Geth in Tali's recruit mission seemed to keep spawning until you killed all the floating scouts. There are also a couple side missions where mechs keep coming at you, until you do a specific action to effectively end the mission, like shutting down a production line, or reaching your shuttle.

Completely forgot about those ones. The area right after talking with Tali right? Has a geth prime at the end?

Yes, except on Insanity at least, there's more than one geth prime, and not just at the end. If not exactly endless, they certainly seemed that way.

Yes, except on Insanity at least, there's more than one geth prime, and not just at the end. If not exactly endless, they certainly seemed that way.

Okay, the one you can see at the start isn't exactly at the end, but he's at least 3/4 of the way across the area. I've never stuck around in that area long enough to see how long the drones keep spawning. >_<

Okay, the one you can see at the start isn't exactly at the end, but he's at least 3/4 of the way across the area. I've never stuck around in that area long enough to see how long the drones keep spawning. >_<

On Insanity, when I enter that area, I'm immediately engaged by one (1) Geth Prime, with subsequent ones spawning occasionally along with drones on the way to Kal'Reegar. I hope I was a bit more unambiguous this time? :)

On the Grunt recruitment mission there was a spot where Krogans kept re-spawning until I got close enough to their spawn point that they stopped. I don't know if there would have been an infinite number of them had I stuck around longer than I had but there was definitely a steady stream.

Although not an infinite spawn, on Zaheed's loyalty mission in the final big room there were two small rooms off to the sides that enemies would spawn in. Entering a room would stop the enemies from spawning in the room but upon leaving they'd start again. I don't recall seeing any other doors inside the rooms which confused me as it meant the enemies must have been popping out of thin air.

The strangely spawning enemies didn't bug me too much but then again I've never really had a problem with monster boxes.

Patch coming next monday:

Changes to 1.01

---------------

- Fixed video hitching and crashes related to single core machines.

- Single core users may experience short periods of black screen that may last up a few seconds between level loads, cinematic transitions or movies.

- In rare cases, some single core users may notice dialog lines in certain conversations may be delayed up to a few seconds.

- Fixed an issue where it appears ammunition can be picked up, but can't.

- Fixed an issue where all Codex entries were marked as 'viewed', even if the player chose not to view them.

- Fixed an issue where weapon icons are re-organized after downloadable content is used.

- Fixed an issue where pressing F9 after the mission completion screen reset Shepard to Level 1.

- Fixed an issue where remapping the right mouse button blocks camera control in the command HUD.

- Fixed an issue where remapping the 'use' command affects the decryption minigame.

- Fixed an issue where users were not prompted to restart when logging in to a different EA Online account.

- Fixed an issue where movies do not play in DLC.

- It is recommended that players reset their keyboard mapping to default values to ensure proper vehicle control.

- Added useful messaging during the ME1 save game import.

- Weapon icon for henchmen never changes from Collector Assault Rifle.

- Czech language – Issues with Czech localization (subtitles) were amended, all text was corrected and improved.

- Fixed an issue where the Mass Effect 2 launcher was being associated with files that have no extension.

- Fixed an issue where uninstalling the game under Windows Vista or Windows 7 might uninstall Mass Effect 1.

I hoped a fix for horrible low mouse sensitivity, I had to stab the Coalesced.ini to get it better.

Just stumbled upon this website: http://www.masseffect2faces.com

It's awesome. Essentially, it's a database of of people's creation code ID thingys for your Shep's face. Best one's I've found so far:

Gillian Anderson

gillian-shepard-3.jpg

Liv Tyler

livshepard2.jpg

Milla Jovovich

716845489.jpg

Michael Jackson :lol:

mj.jpg

Vin Diesel

vindiesel.jpg

And the best for last: President Barack Obama

CommanderinChiefShepard.jpg

I'm starting a new character just for this. Vote SPECTRE Barack for Galactic President!

^Even though Barack is awesome, he cannot compete with Abe Lincoln, back from the dead, emancipating humans from collectors!

image108js.jpg

manthing2.jpg

samuel-l-shepard.jpg

You missed one.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

Some of them are very close, like the Vin Diesel, MJ & Barack face, but the Gillian face is the only one where I immediately recognized the face without having to look at the name under the face. In fact, I was wondering why someone was posting a picture of Gillian Anderson in a ME2 forum for a split second before I realized it was from the game. :skeptical:

Edited by GreasyDogMeat

Wow, the only reason the Liara reunion wasn't crap was because the Giana Parasini reunion not two minutes later made it look pathetic in comparison.

This. Giana Parasini FTW.

Playing Paragon is so much more fun - you get to see more people from ME1 since you didn't... you know, shoot them in the head.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"