Mass Effect 2 Discussion

Pidesco

All the fish in the tank in my quarters died... how did *that* happen? :*

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

All the fish in the tank in my quarters died... how did *that* happen? :brows:

You have to feed them, else they die. :(

If you

invite Kelly to your quarters for a "dinner date", then she'll offer

to feed your fish for you.

I did that, but apparantly too late. I wonder if I can buy new fish anywhere (bought two kinds of fish so far) :*

Yeah, the galaxy can wait.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

All the fish in the tank in my quarters died... how did *that* happen? :brows:

You have to feed them, else they die. :(

If you

invite Kelly to your quarters for a "dinner date", then she'll offer

to feed your fish for you.

I did that, but apparantly too late. I wonder if I can buy new fish anywhere (bought two kinds of fish so far) :*

Yeah, the galaxy can wait.

Yeah, screw the galaxy. Fish is at stake here.

Just go back to your old fish n' chip shop. I'm Commander Shepard and this is my favorite fish shop on the Citadel.

Oh, and make sure you buy the Space Hamster too. Then you can play with it...which is far more important than that Collector nonsense.

Edited by jaguars4ever
manthing2.jpg

"As for Miranda... I'm going to be really disappointed if it turns out in ME3 that she's more loyal to Shep than Cerberus. Cold-hearted calculating manipulative bitch FTW!"

I hope not. That would be boring. I think Miranda's character progression throught ME2 is perfectly done. She did come across as a'brainwashed' Cerberus cheerleader who just made any excuse she could to whitewash their immoral crimes because she was overly idealistic plus they ahd helped her deal with pops. I think everything she sees during the game including the experiements run on Jack and the other kids + the Collector base it makes sense that it's the breaking point. I believe she's really genuine when she tells TIm to piss off. I'd be dissapoiinted if it was just some complicated shceme to get your 'trust' to back stop.

That said, I actually hope the game records whose loyal/disloyal to you in ME2 yet survived and some of those could potentially betray you in ME3. That would be some far reaching consequences...

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

With Miranda, it felt like even Cerberus treated her more as a tool due to her genetic enhancements (and no, I'm not talking about the curves), but she was loyal to them because they protected her from her dad, and gave her a sense of purpose.

Then along comes Shep and through the quick-n-easy hero therapy sessions, trying to treat her as a "person" rather then just some genetically enhanced wonder tool.. not even counting earning her loyalty and/or seducing her into the romance..

They could have made more of the whole process rather then shrink it down to a handful of conversations, but it's understandable characterwise.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

keeping fish alive is harder than saving the galaxy...

If you

invite Kelly to your quarters for a "dinner date", then she'll offer to feed your fish for you

Does that mess up any of your romances with other characters?

there were at least 1 mission that kinda whisked you away to a locale after talking to the illusive man... no chance to do typical normandy tasks.

but Gromnir hasn't read his emails yet?

but Gromnir hasn't had a chance to talk to crew: have Garrus to tell us to come back later after his calibrations, and Thane ain't been melancholy yet.

but Gromnir hasn't upgraded his gear yet.

but Gromnir hasn't fed his fish yet.

the one that really hurt were the fish. cost us more than 6000 credits for that fishie from illium.

HA! Good Fun!

Edited by Gromnir

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

If you

invite Kelly to your quarters for a "dinner date", then she'll offer to feed your fish for you

No. Not sure if it interferes with continuing ME1 romances, but does not interfere with ME2 ones.

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

If you

No. Not sure if it interferes with continuing ME1 romances, but does not interfere with ME2 ones.

You can always check the status of the ME1 romances by going to the captain's quarters and looking at the picture frame. If it lies on the table then your ME1 romance is over or at least suspended. If it shows your ME1 LI then the romance with that LI is still active.

On the subject of ME2's mining...

spaceballs.jpg

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

To be honest, by now I'm just moving around the planet at random and pressing the scan button occasionally. There are more than enough "rich" planets, so you can randomly switch between them and get enough ressources.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

Maybe it's just that it's a lot quicker with the mouse on the PC version then it is with the xbox control.. But yeah, scanning a planet was the hold the button and run the mouse back and forth quickly, then if you got a big spike , slow down center on the area, blip a probe, then return to the fast flicking the cursor up and down... Didn't really take that long.

Scan a few planets like that every couple of missions and you had enough minerals for everything...

Maybe it's just that it's a lot quicker with the mouse on the PC version then it is with the xbox control.. But yeah, scanning a planet was the hold the button and run the mouse back and forth quickly, then if you got a big spike , slow down center on the area, blip a probe, then return to the fast flicking the cursor up and down... Didn't really take that long.

Scan a few planets like that every couple of missions and you had enough minerals for everything...

Yup, you'd think that would be obvious.

I guess the xbots got the short end of the stick again?

Nah. It's fine. As long as youa ren't so anal that you feel the ned to scan every inch of every planet in the faint of hopes of mining everything absolutely dry. On top fo that, I don't find the scanning game that bad. Now, the dumbed characetr system and the peek a boo combat, on the other hand...

Edited by Volourn

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

If you

You can always check the status of the ME1 romances by going to the captain's quarters and looking at the picture frame. If it lies on the table then your ME1 romance is over or at least suspended. If it shows your ME1 LI then the romance with that LI is still active.

Yeah - I can't remember the exact point where the pic got tipped over, so that's why I wasn't commenting on it.

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Hm, one thing that did hit me.. Even though I told Jack i wasn't interested in a relationship with her, the next time I tried talking to her she went into the "I know you're hitting on that other girl, make a choice or stop visiting me" dialogue..

Which kind of makes me want to throw my hands up and do the whole " I don't need to make a choice. I told you NO!"

If you

No, I don't believe so - atleast it doesn't mess up the ME1 romances... ;)

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot

That's what you get with Bioware NPCs, you say "hello" to them once and they think you're engaged.

And in this here category goes Ashley! ;)

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif