Mass Effect 2 Discussion

Pidesco

When this thread eventually gets closed for size, I demand the new thread be called: I'm Commander Shepard and this is my favorite thread on Obsidian.

That would be awesome.

I'd call it "Don't... eh-hem... ingest."

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

L0L Hilarious stuff. I also got to say that despite my annoyance over the dumbed down character/combat system, ME2 has BIO's best group of chaarcters, and C&C wise it is even better than DA.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

That's what you get with Bioware NPCs, you say "hello" to them once and they think you're engaged.

Yeah that's my #1 annoyance in ME and ME2... basically if there is an NPC on your team that can romance you.. DO NOT TALK TO THEM EVER. As for ME2... talk to them to get the Loyalty, but then NEVER EVER talk to them. Apparently in the future, according to Bioware, people cant just be friends. *rips hair*

"Yeah that's my #1 annoyance in ME and ME2... basically if there is an NPC on your team that can romance you.. DO NOT TALK TO THEM EVER. As for ME2.."

Not true for ME2 at least for male Shep. You can point black teell the 3 potential omances that you aren't interested in them 'in that way', and all 3 react in their own way to it. There is no way to 'accidentally' have a romance with them. And, the good thing even if you sy no they can still be talked to afterwards.

Does anyone have a video/screenshot of this infamous split-second glimpse I keep hearing about? It sounds like it probably just a bug, no?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ioslNR0WiI

Between 1:47 and 1:50.

Also, like Grom I'm playing on 360 with an imported (level 60) character. By the end I had maxed out the paragon meter, only had a few renegade points and no blue options were ever greyed out for me.

OK, that is freaky.

That's TIM in the crack in the ceiling, no?

"Yeah that's my #1 annoyance in ME and ME2... basically if there is an NPC on your team that can romance you.. DO NOT TALK TO THEM EVER. As for ME2.."

Not true for ME2 at least for male Shep. You can point black teell the 3 potential omances that you aren't interested in them 'in that way', and all 3 react in their own way to it. There is no way to 'accidentally' have a romance with them. And, the good thing even if you sy no they can still be talked to afterwards.

Maybe I just had a glitch then Vol.. Because I told Jack flat out "no, I wasn't interested in her" and then every time I tried talking to her after she kept doing the dialogue spin of "i know you're seeing that other girl, make a choice or just leave me alone." and nada else but that.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Maybe I just had a glitch then Vol.. Because I told Jack flat out "no, I wasn't interested in her" and then every time I tried talking to her after she kept doing the dialogue spin of "i know you're seeing that other girl, make a choice or just leave me alone." and nada else but that.

All I got was "F*** off!" :down:

--

L0L Hilarious stuff. I also got to say that despite my annoyance over the dumbed down character/combat system, ME2 has BIO's best group of chaarcters, and C&C wise it is even better than DA.

My thoughts exactly. If ME2 didn't dumb down the combat, and if it improved the Mako exploration/land combat system rather than have gotten rid of it, then ME2 would have been one of the greatest RPGs of all time - and definitely worthy of a Kanye West Interruption Award.

Remember kids, if something sucks, get rid of it. But it's simply not tight, then improve it. Words to live by. :wowey:

Edited by jaguars4ever
manthing2.jpg

I never went down to talk to Jack because she is insane and living in the bowels of the ship.

I sent Leliana from DA down there. The howling in anger and swearing lasted for three days. When it quieted down, I found them giggling and sipping hot coco in a pillow fort they'd made.

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.

"Maybe I just had a glitch then Vol.. Because I told Jack flat out "no, I wasn't interested in her" and then every time I tried talking to her after she kept doing the dialogue spin of "i know you're seeing that other girl, make a choice or just leave me alone." and nada else but that."

Weird. She asked me why I was being friendly, and I told her I udnerstood her hard life (*puke* the pain of being a paragon *puke8). Then she came onto me, and I told her I wasn't interested in her in 'that way', she pouted and said 'whatever'. Afte that, she was friendly but not trying to ump my bones. Same with both Miranda and Tali.

I sent Leliana from DA down there. The howling in anger and swearing lasted for three days. When it quieted down, I found them giggling and sipping hot coco in a pillow fort they'd made.

Trying to give the guys the image of lingerie pillow fights? :ermm:

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

At least with Zaeed there's a Paragon interrupt where Shepard whacks him in the face. I was disappointed such a badass like Zaeed didn't respond by unloading his assault rifle into Shepard. Canderous Ordo would have.

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

Bull

Ignore the troll. :o

Wrex is more like Ordo than Zaeed is. Wrex and Ordo are both mercs from a race of warriors that are slowly dying out because of a destructive war, who are now trying to reunite the Mandalorian Krogan clans.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

Bull

Ignore the troll. :thumbsup:

Wrex is more like Ordo than Zaeed is. Wrex and Ordo are both mercs from a race of warriors that are slowly dying out because of a destructive war, who are now trying to reunite the Mandalorian Krogan clans.

Yeah, except Ordo doesn't keep whining like Wrex. He lost and he accepts it.

"Moral indignation is a standard strategy for endowing the idiot with dignity." Marshall McLuhan

Both lost, accept it and move on, but bother treat their defeat as something... honorable? Ordo doesn't really mind because the mandalorians were crushed fair and square by the most brilliant military strategist in years, while Wrex doesn't mind because Krogan are used to a cycle of nearly dying off and coming back.

Guys, you're losing sight of the real issue here: The best beat of the game wasn't included on the soundtrack!

This.

Been avoiding this thread like the plague but I finally beat the game tonight and it was awesome. I actually had a really difficult time choosing between romancing Jack and Tali because I really enjoyed Tali from the the first game and she's just all around generally awesome. My initial thoughts on Jack was that she was a damned whore and not worth my time but then I read something on her romance and was intrigued. Ended up watching both on youtube and had to follow my heart, even though it hurt so much, I gave my man seed to Jack. I really like that she came around in the end, very touching.

As for the ending it was probably the best of any game I've played. I was all paragon and saved everyone except my poor assistant girl. :'( But the last sequence was pretty incredible when I told the Elusive man to go f himself. I was so pumped I busted out 50 pushups for the hell of it. Can't wait for 3.

There was a time when I questioned the ability for the schizoid to ever experience genuine happiness, at the very least for a prolonged segment of time. I am no closer to finding the answer, however, it has become apparent that contentment is certainly a realizable goal. I find these results to be adequate, if not pleasing. Unfortunately, connection is another subject entirely. When one has sufficiently examined the mind and their emotional constructs, connection can be easily imitated. More data must be gleaned and further collated before a sufficient judgment can be reached.

^^ :)

Guys, you're losing sight of the real issue here: The best beat of the game wasn't included on the soundtrack!

Yep. But then again, the best action cues from ME1 were also left outside the soundtrack - and in that case, they were by Wall & Hulick. A lot of the club tracks are from previous EA games (upper Afterlife, I've heard that Dark Star lounge music is as well), so I'm guessing this one could be as well. Nobody seems to have spotted it yet... :)

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Thread huge enough. Closed.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat: